Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Complete Cars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

88 Formula V6, 5spd $1000

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 88 Formula V6, 5spd $1000
    Posted: 21 March 2007 at 7:12pm

The owner of the car contacted me directly as he wants to see the car go to a good home.  He explicitly said he does not want it to get parted out, and would like to see it returned to use as a driving car. Here is the email, with his contact information.

Hi David,

The car is a 1988 Formula, have had it since 1990 and are located in New Westminster.  As before it had an engine rebuild about 6 years ago and had a performance cam installed.  The mechanic estimated that it is running about 175 HP, so 40 over the stock.  It is a 5 speed manual.  We started experiencing some electrical problems a few years back so it was parked and it has not been started since.  We had a new heat exchanger installed shortly before we parked it but the mechanic didn't attach a hose properly or something there was a bit of coolant coming into the passenger side.  I think this is an easy fix though.  The body is in good shape but needs a paint job.  The interior is also in good shape, no rips in the seats and is quite clean and the tires are near new Pirellis.  We had a break job shortly before we parked it but break calipers do have a tendency to seize so not sure of their status.

I think this would be a great project car and in the right hands do not think it would take too much to get it running.  I would want someone to bring it back to running condition rather than part it out.

A running Fiero is going for about $6500 according to the buy and sell and we would be willing to part with it for $1000 but would be firm on that price.  Again we would want someone to get it running rather than part it out which is why we contacted your club to see if someone there would be interested in making that happen.

If you wish to contact us the phone number is 604-521-3966.

Thanks

John & Lee       lee.roberts@telus.net

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 7:23pm

Several people have asked me what a formula looks like.

Here is what a Formula looks like.  The car pictured is Mike Brights red formula and is NOT the car for sale.  This is just to show what it should look like.  http://24.82.35.11/members/mikebright/index.html

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 8:17pm
if only I had the space for it... I'd buy it I think.
Tyler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 5:23pm
I went out to New west yesterday to look at this car, its body is in great shape and the interior is clean, but the car wouldn't start when we jumped it off my truck. It didn't even turn over so its probably the battery. Lee said she would get another battery and if it starts I'll go take another look at it, but the electrical problem could cost a fortune to fix.
nfswift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote nfswift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2007 at 2:14pm

Is this still for sale?

I'm really into Fieros for project cars, and would love to restore one, ESPECIALLY a formula, not to mention I have the 1,000 to drop in an instant.

The problem is I am located on The Island and this poses a slight problem if the car does not run enough to make it back to home base.

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 12:57am
Anyone know if the car has been sold?
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Anyone know if the car has been sold?

*shrugs* No one answered my emails and the phone number now is listed to a nice Asian lady with the last name Macks.
I wanna go fast.
nfswift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote nfswift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 2:23pm
There was no action it when I got my reply several months back (they took weeks to answer my email), who knows?? It might still be around, a steal if the rolling chasis is in good shape no doubt...
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2008 at 6:43pm
A thousand is a steal... where is this Formula located? I am located in Port Moody which is close by!
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2008 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Pals Pals wrote:

A thousand is a steal... where is this Formula located? I am located in Port Moody which is close by!

Note the date on the original post...  march 21...  200 *7*

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic