West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1987 Fiero V4 bogging down......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote shore_Core Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1987 Fiero V4 bogging down......
    Posted: 28 January 2009 at 12:11pm
This fiero started to bogg down and loose rpm while driving to the point of just coasting. Its now in the garage and has no error codes. It runs rough at an idle. All 4 plugs have a good spark and compression is equal at 150 in each cylinder. When you give it throttle the rpm does not pick up instead it boggs down probably from the fact that the injector is putting out the amount of gas that should be needed for the throttle position. So there is an excess amount of fuel blowing back out of the throttle boady. What could be causing this?? The car went from running fing to this state over a peroid of 10 min. of driving. sumthing went..
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 12:18pm
First suspect in a Fiero that goes good to bad quickly is a plugged fuel filter.

However you say the fuel is pumping out fine.

I would check out cat converter.

This is all assuming you checked the obvious like ground wires, fuses, and related parts.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2009 at 12:38pm
The exact same thing happened to me. It was my fuel pump. One minute fine, next minute it was crap. Check the pressure of the fuel line. Mine looked fine visually but pressure was really low.

Another possibility is bad gas/water in your tank. But check the pressure first. If you're in or around Abbotsford I have a gas line pressure gauge you can borrow. And like Capt said definitely check the fuel filter.

Yet another possibility is moisture/corrosion under your distributor cap. I've also had this happen suddenly.

Good luck, please post progress.

This is the old thread concerning my problem.
http://www.westcoastfieros.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=673 &KW=Matt

I wanna go fast.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic