West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Engines / Transmissions and Related Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wtd 3800sc swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2Doped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wtd 3800sc swap
    Posted: 17 July 2009 at 12:34am
Not too sure where to post this, but hopefully this is the right place. At the moment I am looking for someone to perform a 3800sc swap for my 87 gt. After finding out that the block on my 2.8 is cracked I figured might as well upgrade, I've sourced a car for cheap with the motor so hopefully someone will be able to help me get my car running again! Please pm me your rate or a quote on the swap. Again please help! Getting pretty desperate now. Thanks in advance
2Doped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2Doped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2009 at 5:28pm
Anyone know a shop? Or any person deemed qualified by the club? Thanks for any input
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 1:34am

Club member Blair did the 3.8 swap on the Fiero in This thread. You can try sending him a PM.

I don't know what he charges but Blair does absolutely first-class work.

2Doped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2Doped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 12:33pm

Blair might be busy? Or not interested at the moment as he has yet to respond to my pms.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 12:59pm

Blair may not check his PMs too often. He's also a busy guy. I have no other way myself of contacting him. Perhaps fire off a PM to Dave (Captain Fiero) and ask he's got any other contact info for Blair.

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 1:17pm

Here is his email, address, bshpeley@yahoo.ca  I don't give out personal info about a club member unless approved by that member, I.E. cell or work phone, home address or place of business.

Try him at his email address and if he doesn't respond, I'll call him and direct him to this thread.

I wouldn't get your hopes up though, he is very busy in his off hours Him, His Wife and His son all go riding motorcycles together.  I don't think he even has insurance on either of his Fiero's at the moment, he is pretty focused on Motorbikes.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 2:00pm

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Here is his email, address, bshpeley@yahoo.ca  I don't give out personal info about a club member unless approved by that member, I.E. cell or work phone, home address or place of business.

I agree, that's a good idea Dave. Yeah, I was just hoping you could pass on Blair's email address to the fella asking about the swap.

2Doped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2Doped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 12:54am
Ok! Thank you guys so much for the help, I'll send him an email and see if he's free!
ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 10:08am
ever get a reply :) ?
2Doped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2Doped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 12:09pm
Unfortunately no reply, still looking for anyone willing but I wouldn't mind getting the 3.4 swap just don't want to put in another 2.8!
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 6:36pm

Does the club ever take the rest of the 2.8 parts off of these cars? You know, valve covers/air plenums/internals?

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic