West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help me upgrade my fiero!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me upgrade my fiero!
    Posted: 23 September 2009 at 7:57pm
Hey, ok so i have about $7000 put aside, ive been putting it aside for something fun. I was originally going to buy a fiero that is done (its in Alberta), but after figuring out the cost of gas its just not worth it. So instead, ive decided to upgrade my current fiero. A rust free, lower mileage 87 GT 5spd.
These are the areas i want to upgrade, im looking for upgrades that give the best bang for my buck:

1. Engine - $3000 give or take
Im currently tracking down a lower mileage series II L67, and im keeping the auto trans. Do you think that $3000 is a good amount to put aside? Im going to be sourcing out the wiring harness, budgeting roughly $400 for that. Im also going to be converting from manual to auto, but im unsure what that might cost.

2. Brakes $1500
Suggestions on what to upgrade too? Im going to be using an 88' cradle, if it makes a difference. Im thinking lebaren brake upgrade with the s-10 power booster. How much does the corvette brake upgrade cost? Would that be more than what ive budgeted?

3. Suspension $500-$1000
Ive budgeted kinda on the high side here, i want a setup that will handle really well yet not be too rough for daily driving. What do you guys suggest? Should i run full poly or will that be too rough? Im gunna be using 87' front suspension with 88' rear. The 88 cradle i have already has some poly mounts, but im not sure if i should use poly for the engine mounts too, or if i should go with rubber. Besides the poly, im looking for some decent coilovers.

The rest will be put aside to cover any unforeseen expenses, whatever i have left over will be put into some decent rims to fit over the upgraded brakes. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic