West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Bad Vendors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tru-line for Alignments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 3:36pm

Originally posted by Car-2-Lo Car-2-Lo wrote:

I didn't know about owned & licensed and didn't get any notice about the Beach Boys, that weird ?

Yeah, ever since YouTube was bought out by Google, they've been cracking down on the use of copyrighted music. Some songs survive, lots don't.

It really sucks when a video is edited to a certain piece of music and then YouTube deletes (and/or replaces) the audio track of the video!

[EDIT] John, I notice you've now pulled your video off YouTube. Did they remove your audio or what?

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 4:59pm
No, I removed it before any more notices, I got scared they'll take me away.

I'll be playing with different audio or maybe I'll just post it without audio
There's no story without audio and bkgd noises are crappy.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 5:21pm

That's odd that you got "notices", because when I've tried to use copyrighted music it was detected by YouTube during the video upload process and the audio was immediately deleted.

With no audio left, I didn't bother leaving the video(s) uploaded.

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 5:23pm
Just get out a mike - hum the song really well, then overlay the audio track!  
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 5:37pm
since I havn't seen the video, hows the car drive now????
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Fire451 Fire451 wrote:

since I havn't seen the video, hows the car drive now????

Really different, it's like another car, I was so use to fighting with it just to keeping it on the road when flooring it
I'll have you test drive it and feel the difference.

Okay, video is here with different audio (will see how long this will last...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cpUKbD-D6g

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 10:29pm

[QUOTE=Fire451]Okay, video is here with different audio (will see how long this will last)...

I don't recognize the song, but it's got a bit of an edge (which is a good thing for your car videos).

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

[QUOTE=Fire451]Okay, video is here with different audio (will see how long this will last)...

I don't recognize the song, but it's got a bit of an edge (which is a good thing for your car videos).

Thank Patrick, you'll like this only because it's from the 80s...
punk band is called "999" and song is "Fun Thing"

Johnny-B-Good

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 1:29pm

Today I visited Blair and Ang at the Choc. shop, on the way there the chopper was tracking nice and straight but
had that floating feeling to me, now on the way back the rear end feels like it's really floating and swaying back
and forth until I slowed down. It was never like that before.
I called Mike about it, said that everything was checked and was fine.

So now the chopper is not safe to drive anymore, what do you think is wrong now?
Thanks
OLD Johnny Boy

Do you think it's the rear wheel bearings ?
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 2:11pm

I called Mike about it, said that everything was checked and was fine.

So now the chopper is not safe to drive anymore...

Do you think it's the rear wheel bearings ?

Did Mike not check the rear wheel bearings? (Didn't you and Dave just replace them a couple of months ago?)

It's difficult to imagine that something would fail right after having Mike's shop work on the car. Very strange...

Did you check the tire pressures in case you picked up a nail?

I think if the car continues to feel odd that you should drive back out to Tru-line and have Mike try it for himself.

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 2:50pm

Yep, Dave change bearings, but Clynt said sometimes they only last a week (the cheap ones) that's what I got.
Just came back from another spin and it's worse than ever, it really rocks from side to side at the back and that floating feeling, the chopper
is not tracking flat, it feels like the rear is lifting and rocking and it's not me, I'm on the wagen

Going to check tire pressure now...
Type to you later

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 3:12pm

Okay I'm back, tire pressure is fine, but my blood pressure isn't
I think I just got a bad alignment, the rear is not properly toed in, it's not tracking flat and swaying, rocking
back and forth and building up to more swaying.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 3:48pm

When you told Mike about your problem, did he not suggest you bring it back in? If not, that's rather disappointing.

Man oh man, why is it so tough to find a place that can do alignments on these cars without a whole lot of grief?

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 4:26pm

I called Mike back and told him that the car tracked better before, but now it's worse than ever with that floating, lifting swaying
back and forth from side to side. He said he can't do anything more to it, so I said can you put it back the way it was because it
tracked better and he said sure , but I'll have to pay him, which is okay after all he did do a TRU-LINE fiero specs job.

So the issue is else where now, maybe a bad hub or something?

So there you go     

Oh, I forgot to mention this swaying back and forth is a lot more pronounced at highway speed.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 4:50pm

He said he can't do anything more to it

so I said can you put it back the way it was because it tracked better and he said sure , but I'll have to pay him

What the hell, I don't believe this!!!!

This is the best that he can do???????

Does he not realize that with this kind of attitude that he's just lost all the freakin' business he would've got from all the members of this club???!!!!!

Unfrickenbelieveable!!!!!!!!

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 4:57pm
I'll be doing another video just joking
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 5:01pm

John, maybe it's time you and I did another video on the chopper.

This time we'll focus on the fact that it doesn't handle worth a sh*t after having the alignment done at Tru-slime.

Then we'll post that video on YouTube.

[EDIT] I didn't see your last post when I wrote this!

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

He said he can't do anything more to it smileys/smiley7.gif">

so I said can you put it back the way it was because it tracked better and he said sure , but I'll have to
pay him

What the hell, I don't believe this!!!!

This is the best that he can do???????

Does he not realize that with this kind of attitude that he's just lost all the freakin' business he would've
got from all the members of this club???!!!!!

Unfrickenbelieveable!!!!!!!!

Mike is a very nice guy, it's not his fault, again something else is wrong, crappy music video ?

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 5:23pm

Mike is a very nice guy , but not for come backs   

If I had to choose between one or the other, I think I'd prefer dealing with a jerk who at least stands behind his work.

I still can't believe that this guy wouldn't want to make it right.

Is business that freakin' good that he just doesn't care?

If he's not capable of doing the job right, the least he could do is give your money back. What did he charge for f*cking up your alignment?

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 5:47pm
TRU- LINE $94.95 with taxes $106.35

edit: CLEANED up and I'm sorry from bashing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic