West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Bad Vendors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tru-line for Alignments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 5:57pm

Originally posted by Car-2-Lo Car-2-Lo wrote:

TRU-SLIME $94.95 with taxes $106.35

This is really disappointing. I've got two Fieros here that need alignments done, and eventually I'll have two more.

I guess I know where I'm not going.

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 6:06pm
I appologise I have never had that problem with him, I agree that is really screwed up that he did that, guess I will goto dales for mine once I get the bags in
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 6:14pm
OK!

Before we all run off to fire bomb this place....  

I just got off the phone with JC (no, not myself).  I had him send me the report showing the alignment specs before & after.

What they've done, is...  technically right!  But...  it's not right for a car with giant fat tires in the rear.  It's right for a STOCK car, and uh...  this really isn't one.

His old spec would have had the thing dog tracking, with the back end always heading for the curb.  This explains why JC was always having to steer to the right to make it go in a straight line.  All that fighting it would also put tension on everything (in a bad way), but would make it feel less squirmy.

What they've done now is set it up with 0* of toe in the back.  That'd be great for a set of 195's.  Not 335's or whatever they are.  So what we're going to try is dialing a 'touch' of toe in to the rear and see if that makes it run true again.

So - everyone put down the pick forks and flaming arrows (for the moment). 

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 6:26pm

I am only upset at the part that he was not willing to work with john with getting it to drive right, I know that he will not really stop doing an alignment till it is at factory spec which is why I recommended him

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 6:55pm
John when you get the car to John's,  I'd say John C but you are both John C.  Uhm, how bout when the car gets to the good doctors, do a double check on the adapters.   We torqued everything down good when it was here but that was several drives ago, and I don't know if Car-2-Lo has had the wheels off to re-torque the adapters.  If the adapters are loose it will cause the entire car to be floaty and the back end to wander all over hell and back.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 6:57pm
We sort of talked about that...  in my head anyhow, I figured that if the alignment place didn't notice the wheels flopping around....  we'll have to release the angry mob above.

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 8:15pm
Ok.....lets all relax.

Jonny boy,  did you not notice this wobble right after the job was done?  If not, maybe something is indeed loose.  Has it been getting even worse?  If everything is secure it shouldn't be changing.

Don't get me wrong buddy, if he's not willing to work with his customers anymore, hand me the first pitch fork.  But lets not get too mad till we've checked it out a little more....ok?

Let me phone him and see what I can do.  I might even go in person because this seems so unusual.  If we work with him and try to be understanding, we create an ally that we all could really use.

He has the technical skill and equipment to do the job.  It's the people skills he needs to polish.

I'll chime in when I have more.

Damien
You dream it up....I'll make it
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 8:56pm

Originally posted by Dr.Fiero Dr.Fiero wrote:

I just got off the phone with JC...

Jesus Christ, I hope you called collect!

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Jesus Christ, I hope you called collect!

Nah - he called me.  Contrary to the song, I built HIS hot rod. 

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 12:41pm

the song

Yikes, sounds like the type of music that Tristan would use in a car video!

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 2:10pm

(this message respectfully removed by me)

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 2:38pm

Originally posted by Fire451 Fire451 wrote:

believe it or not there are other kinds of music out there and not everybody likes what you put in your videos but we were civil about it and didn't call you out on it at every chance we get

Ummm... what's your problem, and who elected you as spokesperson for the "we" you're referring to?

I'm friends with both John Carlo and Tristan. I believe I'm allowed to tease them if I see fit. And they tease me back. Maybe you should ask them if they've been deeply offended before you jump all over me.

What's the point of having a forum if we can't have some fun here?

If you've got a problem with me for whatever reason, perhaps PM me so you and I can discuss it and possibly resolve the issue.

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 10:55am

WEW, what did I start here...
I really didn't want to start club members to take sides, we are all (friends) together in this, all of you are super great guys (and gals)

FIRST : I apologize for overreacting and bashing TRU-LINE, that is so easy to do, Mike is a great guy, the problem might be something else

FLASHBACK...

06' Clynt installed WCF Performance rear coilover kit, Kingsway did the alignment on the stock fiero, handle great.
07' Doing the widebody, I put on the wide 325 tires on the Fiero handle the same, no difference.
08' 3800SC Swap, Dales did the alignment, again it handled great, no difference
09' It stated to show some swaying motion and got worse at end of summer.
10' Well you know the story, when Dave was changing wheel bearings found lose lock nut, so we know how much it was out now.

The younger JC is right, the stock specs don't work for this setup,
After Mike did alignment, the chopper tracks nice and straight, but now it starts to sway from side to side, like the rear end is floating and the
faster you go, the swinging motion gets bigger until I slow down again.

The problem might be elsewhere, maybe cheap rear wheel bearings can't handle the load, I'll do a little toe end and take it from there.
The wide tracking handled great BEFORE and should handle AGAIN.

Again I apologize to Mike (I hate bashers and I was one of them)

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Dawg Dawg wrote:

Ok.....lets all relax.Jonny boy,  did you not notice this wobble right after the job was done?  If not, maybe something is
indeed
loose.  Has it been getting even worse?  If everything is secure it shouldn't be changing.Don't get me wrong buddy, if he's not willing to work
with
his customers anymore, hand me the first pitch fork.  But lets not get too mad till we've checked it out a little more....ok?Let me phone him
and see
what I can do.  I might even go in person because this seems so unusual.  If we work with him and try to be understanding, we create an ally
that we
all could really use.He has the technical skill and equipment to do the job.  It's the people skills he needs to polish.I'll chime in when I have
more.Damien

Yes you're right and yes I did, but I thought was not bad with fiero driving straight, until it got to highway speed it got really bad swinging from side to side.

If the stock settings are "0" at rear, then like JC says, maybe a little toe in might be a good thing for these fat tires to track at one vanishing point instead of
floating and flopping around road to nowhere, something to try first?
It wasn't like that from start when first I put those fat tires until now.

Please put those pitch forks down, we'll get straighten out !

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

<SPAN
style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-
DECORATION: underline">the song</SPAN>

Yikes, sounds like the type of music that Tristan would use in a car video!

Ministry sound like Butthole Surfers (I have first CDs), yeah Surf's UP !
Johnny-B-Good

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 1:52pm
Hi friendly members,
Clynt just emailed this....

when i went to the states last wk i got frightened at hwy speeds had to keep it under 80k,
car seemed to be acting as you describe..

stopped at my local shop and had it test driven and the verdict was it just needed an alignment
went to pacific alignment on Clark ,got the car up and lo and behold rr tire moves >1/4 "
and that's with no weight or load on it(imagine how much it moves on throttle)
passenger hub is slightly bent as it scrapes on dust cover lightly.

That was clynt email.

Now me
That's funny yesterday when driving around here I heard scraping on dust cover too !

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 4:17pm

I apologize for overreacting and bashing TRU-LINE, that is so easy to do, Mike is a great guy, the problem might be something else .

Again I apologize to Mike (I hate bashers and I was one of them)

John, I don't understand why you're tripping all over yourself apologizing. Did this or did this not occur?

He said he can't do anything more to it

so I said can you put it back the way it was because it tracked better and he said sure , but I'll have to pay him

I suspect what all of us are upset about is not so much that your car doesn't yet handle properly (as anyone can make a mistake), it's that Mike didn't appear to be the least bit interested in finding the problem (according to what we've read in this thread).

It kind of surprises me that he wouldn't know what to do when it comes to aligning wheels on a car with wide tires (if that's indeed what the problem is). It's not like he's brand new at this!

It still isn't too late for Mike to demonstrate that he indeed cares about his customers, and that he'll take the necessary steps required to diagnose and fix an alignment problem. After all, isn't this supposed to be what an alignment shop does?

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 4:41pm

Well, I want to be a nice guy in my golden years, anyway Mike did his job and that's that !

I have a funny feeling it's a bad bearing or my music sucks
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 4:49pm
We really need to find out what is wrong before we can go any further.   If I was not working at the moment I would say get it over here and I would look at it.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

We really need to find out what is wrong before we can go any further.   If I was not working at
the moment I would say get it over
here and I would look at it.

You're right about that, that's why I didn't want blame anyone.
Again Mike did his job and nothing more he can do.
Tomorrow I'll jack the car up and have a look.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic