West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Performance Driving
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BC Corvette Club Autocross Sept 25

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 9:21am

I'm waiting to hear back from one of our club members as his response will determine which Fiero I'll be registering and racing.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 11:20am

Again...need to email and advise them you plan to attend, here is the details from the PCA web site, I already confirmed Fiero attendance, they have a soft spot for us:

The BC Corvette Club would like to invite the Porsche Club members to our Autocross event on Saturday, Sept 25 at the BC Driving Centre in Pitt Meadows. Please pre register with Vic Nightscales via email at vnightscales@netscape.net or phone 778-593-1180. We have just purchased new timing equipment to ensure a smooth event, and will be able to provide lots of runs. We will restrict the total number of entrants to 50 and the price payable on Saturday morning will be $40 per driver. Vic

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 11:44am

Brian, when you pre-registered, did you have to state what you were driving (as in model and year)?

As I said earlier, I don't know which Fiero I'll be driving quite yet.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 11:59am

Okay, I sent off an email to Vic a couple of minutes ago to pre-register. I just didn't say what I would be driving exactly, other than it would be a Fiero.

[EDIT] Actually, I didn't even say I'd be driving a Fiero. I just said I was member of West Coast Fieros of BC. Maybe I should enter and drive my '94 Hyundai Elantra with the fart can exhaust.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 12:40pm
All he cares about is having an idea who and how many as he only wants 50 drivers...
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 12:47pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

All he cares about is having an idea who and how many...

So far there's three of us from the club pre-registered. Who's next?

he only wants 50 drivers...

Right on!

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 9:17pm

Might be a surprise announcement coming up. Stay tuned!

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 9:22pm
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 9:40pm
RAM-BUNK-SHUSH has pre-registered and ready...

Johnny-B-Good

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 9:52pm
I just sent an email to Vic to pre-register.
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 10:04pm

Is this club happening or is this club happening!

We've got the old guys and the young guns and everyone in between stepping up to the plate.

Johnny, love the 'chute!

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 7:22am
OMG, I am so happy...it has only taken a few years to spark a few of you...
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 11:22am

OMG, I am so happy

If the Bassman is happy, we're all happy.

it has only taken a few years to spark a few of you...

It has only taken me a few years to have a driveable Fiero!

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 11:50am

OMG with how my day is going currently...I SO need a drink!!!...lol

I was looking at the Corvette clubs site, they have their meetings at the Burnaby Rugby Club, nice place...they don't have forums, but looking at the pictures of June's autox, lots of nice Vettes and no other cars...this maybe nice NOT to see any Imports!...lol

David...forget the V8, use you '88, if we can have all the different cars out who have already commited, your '88 will be more than fine...get the V8 out of your head and come out and play

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

I'm waiting to hear back from one of our club members as his response will determine which Fiero I'll be registering and racing.

Who might that be?
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 11:52am

Originally posted by Car-2-Lo Car-2-Lo wrote:

Johnny Boy...Really happy you are coming out...let me know if there is anything I or anyone can help with. 

If I may, not everyone has to buy a helmet, if you do HJC motorcycle helemets are fine for a bike shop, just make sure the codes as we have listed are good, and a open face you can get for around $75.

Or...share the purchase, or borrow from someone:)

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 12:23pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Who might that be?

If Colby wasn't going to participate in this particular autocross, I was going to drive my GT so that I'd have the extra ponies to shut you down.  

However, Colby is coming out (which is what I was hoping he'd decide), so together we're going to do our best to demonstrate what the mighty duke can do against those nasty Vettes. Obviously we're hoping for a tight course!

David...forget the V8, use you '88, if we can have all the different cars out who have already commited, your '88 will be more than fine...get the V8 out of your head and come out and play.

Agree 100%

Come on Dave, you know you want to do it! Don't miss out on all the fun!

And that applies to everyone else in the club as well.

Join our heroic Fiero Force, battling against the evil Corvette empire!

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 1:18pm

Originally posted by Car-2-Lo Car-2-Lo wrote:

Johnny Boy...Really happy you are coming out...let me know if there is anything I or anyone can help with. 

If I may, not everyone has to buy a helmet, if you do HJC motorcycle helemets are fine for a bike shop, just make sure
the codes as we have listed are good, and a open face you can get for around $75.

Or...share the purchase, or borrow from someone:)

Thanks Brian, I'll need all the help out there, I'm going to check around for a helmet and borrow one?

I won't need a G-SUIT that's for sure, also finally going to prove my point...
'It doesn't have to perform, just has to look good"

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 1:21pm

If I may, not everyone has to buy a helmet...

Brian, for those coming out for the first time who might be concerned about having to buy or borrow a helmet, do you know offhand whether the Corvette club will have free loaner helmets available at their autocross event the same as the Porsche club did?

I'd just hate to see anyone not come out and try this for the first time simply because they're worried about the helmet requirement issue.

And in regards to the "danger" of autocrossing (for anyone who's never been to a track and is wondering)...

If the truth be known, there's actually far less chance of needing a helmet while driving on an autocross track than there is on a public road! I'm not kidding. 

Seriously, I sometimes wonder what the actual point is of requiring a helmet while autocrossing? The worse that can happen out there is that you're going to slide and knock over a small plastic pylon!

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 1:35pm

Let's discuss this tomorrow about who needs assistance and helmets.

I really don't know if the Corvette guys have loaners, I doubt it...Kerstin actually will be out now knowing the Fiero force, but also to support John, she was so happy to know he was coming out...she has a soft spot for you I think:).

I will email Gary and ask so we know...otherwise we can split up our group and share...we also have time and again, call arond the bike shops, this is the time of year where they may have some sales.

The helmets are required because it's competition timed sessions, if this was training it would be different...there are still obsticles like the fence and other peeps:)...lol, and we all have to follow the SCAA rules.

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
  Share Topic