West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Complete Cars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Perhaps one of us should buy this Fiero

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perhaps one of us should buy this Fiero
    Posted: 21 September 2010 at 11:32pm

HOT ROD 460 hp a steal for $5000. Over $30,000 invested - $5000 (surrey)

Date: 2010-09-21, 6:39PM PDT
Reply to: sale-juwnw-1966736464@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

well this is it deal of the centry broke need the money this car has had top of the line everything put into it i have reciets for over $30,000 this car is a chevy roadster fiero with 383 built by kieth black everything is top of the line with this car v8 archie converstion kit witch is almost$4000 not installed all work was professtionaly done the motor alone i have $20,000 in reciepts all list some goodys msd ignition edelbrook manifold edlbrook valve covers aliuminum heads alliuminum headers holley carbs centerforce clutch bandm 4 speed alliuminum rad electric water pump the list goes on and on roll bar have pictures of build as it was being done ive been placing this ad for 3to 4 months and i have not showed this car to one person this car is priced way below it value i guaranty who ever comes to see this car they will buy to much money spent on this car to pass this one up the motor alone is built by one of the best builders in bc im moving and dont have the space i have dino sheets to show 460 hp 420lbs of torque also just had a death in the family and have to travel over seas and all you fiero club guys would be crazy to pass this one up the motor alone was $20,000 any ways at this price im giving it away if we didnt have this resesson going on for the last year and a half i could get $15,000 to $20,000 for this car just nobodys buying toys nobodys got any money anyways my loss your gain if i dont sell this car buy the weekend i will keep it and borrow the money from my bank to fly home come see the car its awsome if your wonder what it looks like it looks like spyder ferrari also has ferrari seats carbinfibre stearing wheel I have $30,000 in reciepts theres just way to much to list please no emails phone 604 584 6551 please dont waste my time come see the car youll buy it for this price and the fiero guys club that always wont something for nothin here you go its a steal thanks

------------------------------------------------------

I bolded the references to us.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 6:04am
...How much do you think my kidneys are worth on the black market? I have a plan to afford this...
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 7:26am
That's everitt's old car.  Just sold it to the guy a few months back.

For 5K, there's a LOT of stuff there I gotta tell ya!

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 7:37am
Wait a minute... Ad says aluminum headers... That can't be right. lol
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 12:17pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

...How much do you think my kidneys are worth on the black market?

Considering the number of power drinks you've consumed, probably not much!

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 1:16pm

Honestly, if that Fiero wasn't a convertible, I'd buy it. However, I personally have absolutely no interest in owning/driving a convertible of any sort.

Seriously, someone in this club should buy that car.

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 1:51pm
^^^ So buy it!  Pull the good bits off, and swap them into one of your cars laying around.  You'd still save about 10-20K over buying what it's already got and stuffing in one of yours.

I'd almost buy it up just to stuff the engine in my SS10!!!
(but you know - this whole not-working-for-the-last-year thing )
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 1:57pm
If I had the space and $$'s, I would certainly...or we can make this into a club race car?...hey:)...convertable = HEADROOM!!!
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 2:11pm

Originally posted by Dr.Fiero Dr.Fiero wrote:

^^^ So buy it!  Pull the good bits off, and swap them into one of your cars laying around.  You'd still save about 10-20K over buying what it's already got and stuffing in one of yours.

Ummm... if you saw my backyard you'd know why that's not going to happen.

That and the fact that my girlfriend would leave me for sure if I was to buy yet another Fiero before getting rid of one or two or three of the ones (Fieros, not girlfriends!) that I already have.

No, I'm afraid I just can't take on another "project", no matter how much of a deal it might appear to be.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 2:43pm

I gotta admit though, I'm a little suspicious why this car has been so difficult to sell.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 2:51pm

Originally posted by Dr.Fiero Dr.Fiero wrote:

That's everitt's old car.  Just sold it to the guy a few months back.

John, I thought I recall hearing that it actually didn't sell a few months back, that the fella who owns it now is the same fella who's owned it all along?

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 4:17pm

Sorry again that is my fault for not updating, it DID sell, and now is being resold by the new owner at a drastically reduced price.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 4:45pm

Also very suspicious...

And I'm no convertible fan either, otherwise, you know, I'd buy it...

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 4:59pm
I think the whole 'hard sell' thing is that it's not a turn-key drive it away car.  But it's got a price tag on it like unknowing people think it should be (Oh, it's a Fiero. And you can't drive it?! So why so much?).

I put huge hours into that car.  More than some, less than others.  But....  I know what's there (ok - I know what WAS there!).

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 5:15pm
So Doc, what does it takes to get this hot rod on the road ?
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 5:20pm
No idea (now!).

Last time I saw it, it needed the motor & trans mounts to be redone, and a dogbone added.

I would now suspect the clutch might not live under any hard abuse.

The body was nice (oh, and it's a roadster - there really was no roof setup for it!  One would have to start from scratch there, maybe going through a boat place), needed paint to make it all match.

Go look at the other post I put up - there was a video and a bunch of stills there.

kharmata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kharmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 10:57pm

ok - who do I make the cheque out too?
What transmission is in it?  4 speed or 5?

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2010 at 10:24pm

I wonder what if anything became of this car? It's still listed Here on Craigslist, but it's about to disappear off the bottom of the page (when "Fiero" is the search term).

If it never rained, this would be a fun car to drive.

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2010 at 10:47pm

One of our oldest members, screen name Paramedic. (as that is his job and great to have on club runs)  went to look at this car and sent me several updated pics.  The new owner is a lying sack of dung doo, claiming that he is the one that built the car and the motor and had all the mods done to it.  (Bull crap, I know the last 3 owners of the car and who did what to it over the years) 

However Paramedic is pretty seriously thinking about it, he is going to go and look at a S2 3800S/C 88GT over on the island though before he makes his mind up for sure.  Dr.Fiero and Paramedic have been in contact with each other and Paramedic is going to come to our meeting.  

P.S. Patrick, I told him to contact you on here, as your 86GT might just be his old car. Not to many Black 86GT Autos floating around and your car does look like his, he would have to look for little odd things to make the distinction though.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2010 at 11:55pm
See, no disrespect against the car, but apart from the fact the lines don't look right as a convertible, as the Fiero is a space frame, I do find the concept of cutting away the roof very alarming for cornering prowess...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic