West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Car Chat (Not Fiero Specific) » Car Talk thats not a Fiero
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lotus Super7 for Sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lotus Super7 for Sale
    Posted: 27 January 2011 at 7:24pm
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 7:33pm

Lotus Super Seven 7 - $6900 (Victoria)

Date: 2011-01-26, 10:44AM PST
Reply to: sale-t4qn6-2181366001@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Too old with too many projects.......I have had this car for years and it is now time to pass it on to someone else to finish. This is a Wide body later series Lotus Super 7, professionally constructed chassis. The body has been mounted, interior is in place complete with windshield. Most other parts are included to finish. Side pipe exhaust, tonneau cover, lights etc. Great wheel and tire package. This Series Lotus is larger and can accomodate small to BIG people.....I am 6'3" and can fit nicely....Asking less than 1/2 the price of the UNASSEMBLED parts...........here you get a chassis this has been put together by professionals....not a backyard hobbiest.

It is now easy to finish....just add motor and transmission of your choice and you are underway.....set up to take lotus, miata, ford, toyota twin cam, a mighty duke, etc...this is a great project for someone.

I am really reluctant to let it go, but no longer have the time or space for it. If you ever wanted a really fast Autocross car or a race car that is incredibly fast and you are doing it on a limited budget........this is the IDEAL setup. There is nothing that can give you the thrill that this car can. The speed, the handling...totally exhilarating...
email for more pictures.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
image 2181366001-0 image 2181366001-1

---------------------------------------------------

Okay, I admit it. I changed the ad... just a teeny tiny bit.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 7:35pm
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 10:51pm

One of my favourite cars of all time, too. Ford 5.0L Cammer in the front, Tremec T-56/T-6060 in behind it... Would be fun up to and including the moment I inevitably died in it.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2011 at 3:47pm
I've been in one of these with a Ford Kent engine in it. Most fun and fast ride of any legal road car I've ever been in.....and scary too.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2011 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

I've been in one of these with a Ford Kent engine in it. Most fun and fast ride of any legal road car I've ever been in.....and scary too.

Damn I'm jealous. Where'd you get to ride in it?
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 1:00pm
One of my former co-workers has one.   It's also yellow. The car comes as a kit. No wiring harnesses here. You get a big roll of wire. It took him 3 years (in his spare time) to build it.

Trouble shooting is a big hassle.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 1:03pm
....or if you have the money, you can pick one up here.

with the Hayabusa engine in it.   
http://www.super7cars.com/

D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 8:18pm
I'm trying to convince my friend to buy it, he's considering it seriously
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 8:23pm
Very cool...great deal it seems:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 9:42pm

Originally posted by D_sensitized D_sensitized wrote:

I'm trying to convince my friend to buy it, he's considering it seriously

And if he got it, what engine might he be installing?

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 9:47pm

CAMMER 5.0!!! 500HP, baby! And it snuggles right in the bay.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 9:53pm

Will someone please give that kid a whack! Thank you.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 10:02pm
302 cubic inches of displacement! 500 reasons to use the right pedal! It's perfect!
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2011 at 12:13pm
Um....a 800 300 lb engine in a 200 lb chassis?   

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2011 at 7:24pm

Formula 1 cars have most of their weight located in engine (And the body only comes close due to the ballast they add). Same goes for Can Am racers. Most hyper-lights do.

Besides, my "big engine, small car" idea has proven successful before: The Ariel Atom? Good. The Atom V8? Better. The X-Bow? Good. The X-Bow 8.4 V10? Better. Also, clearly I'm not the only individual thinking of dropping in a V8 into the Super 7.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2011 at 12:44pm
Actually, a V8 is an option in the widebodied VT variant of the Super7.

http://cars.uk.msn.com/news/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=1478 62410

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2011 at 2:02pm

Page didn't load, but if that's the Roush-powered 1000HP/ton Super7, then yes, that's the car. And the V8 is an option in all the cars I listed, but every review I've read said it makes the car a completely new animal, and a better one for it.

Remember Ken, There's no replacement for displacement!

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

There's no replacement for displacement!

I think the electric car folk might argue with you on that one.

But I would tend to agree with that for outright horsepower on the cheap.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 7:57pm

Don't get me wrong, I respect electric cars, they make phenominal torque. But they're so souless. Step on the gas on a ridiculous supercharged V8, and you're greated with a symphony of raucous vibrations, and obnoxious noise. It truly can't be replicated.

Great technology, those electric cars... For somebody else.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic