West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Complete Cars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1986 Zimmer Quicksilver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1986 Zimmer Quicksilver
    Posted: 16 February 2011 at 5:50pm

Since it's such a rare Fiero (and the seller included some very nice high quality images), I thought I'd copy and post this Seattle Craigslist ad.

Not a car for everyone's tastes, but man, it's in excellent shape!

1986 Zimmer Quicksilver - Make Offer - $20887 (Olympia)

Date: 2011-02-16, 8:41AM PST
Reply to: sale-qqfnm-2217575102@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Just posted beautiful 1986 Zimmer Quicksilver with only 20,000 miles on the odometer. This car has been babied, showroom condition and has been stored in a heated garage most of its life. Everything works and it runs great. This is a rare oportunity to get your hands on a rare car of which only 170 were made. The car is fuel injected with a 2.8 liter V6 engine (140hp), automatic, airconditioning and heater, two seater, power brakes, power steering, power windows, power locks, power trunk andtenna and mirrors. These cars cost over 50k new and I have the original window sticker that came with the car as well. Please email me if you have any further questions. Contact Chris at 360-866-2240.

Keywords: classic, rare, collector, excalibur, morgan, pontiac, fiero

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2217575102
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2011 at 7:05pm

Although not my taste, it was a very well done ......  uhm, its not a kit, its not a rebody, er maybe you could call it a rebody, just not a kit, as far as I know you could not buy the kit, only the "Turn Key" car.  It was never a factory optioned thing though, hmm.

Still a very well done item though.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2011 at 10:38pm
While it's in fantastic condition, anybody else getting a "Lincoln-humped-a-Fiero-and-accidentally-knocked-it-up baby" kind of vibe from it?
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2011 at 10:48pm

I kind of like the front storage compartment. It's... it's... practical!

And a separate lid for the trunk that doesn't expose the engine... another great idea (although reaching the engine to work on it looks even more challenging than on a "normal" Fiero).

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2011 at 10:53pm

Yeah. Hopefully it's a touch more durable than the "sneeze and they break" Fiero parts we're used to.

But what do you mean the normal Fiero is hard to work on? I think there's tons of room back there. And the trunk makes for a convient seat while you work on it!

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2011 at 11:00pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

But what do you mean the normal Fiero is hard to work on? I think there's tons of room back there.

I guess it depends what you've "grown up" with. I could park an entire Fiero under the hood of my first car, a full size '67 Chev.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2011 at 11:30pm
Oh, and there's tons of room in my pick-ups and Mustang too, but compared to most modern engine bays, the Fiero engine area is gloriously roomy.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2011 at 11:39pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

...compared to most modern engine bays, the Fiero engine area is gloriously roomy.

That very well might be, but the most "modern" engine bay I've worked in is my '94 Elantra.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2011 at 11:49pm
I've been working on my mama's 2009, a 2008 Mini of a girl I know and I was poking around the new Camaro's engine bay. It's not so much that the engine's take up alot of room, it's that everything that some useless decorative coating that blocks everything. In order to get a jump start from my mom's Jeep, I need to pop the engine cover off. Sadly, not joking.
Nexus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2011 at 5:44am

Like it was mentioned above, the Zimmer isn't that attractive looking to me but wow is it in great looking shape eh

I seen another one (or maybe it was this one) for sale last year!!

Sombody took care of her!!

wish them luck with the sale

Charlie
84 SE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic