West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GO CART RACING at TBC!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 8:12pm
I believe Damien had suggested showing up between 30-45 minutes early.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 9:55pm
Nope....the guy said at least an hour!  So 5:00 PM at the latest.

The issue is trying to insure everyone gets the chance at a few good races together.  There will be others there also and it's first in first out.  The quicker you get all the paper work done the sooner you can get on the list for the 6:00 PM racing.

So everyone fills out the forms and pays.  Then we tell them that we would like to race together.  If we're there first we get to choose.  You can choose to wait out the first race if it looks like too many of us missed the cut off.

Get the idea?

The Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 2:10am

Aw, an hour early? Last time I was an hour early was...

...Never.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 7:26am

Correct me on this please, but looking up the site it seems the Sunday deal is after 6pm, so are we planning to meet there at 5pm and register, etc. for 6pm, or 4pm for 5pm...lol

If we confirm what the race time is then plan to be early enough for all the reg, etc...I'll be numb maybe from the autox...lol

PS: Don't forget Advil's or something for the headaches you'll get, the exhaust and ventataltion here is bad, I was really sick after when we went to David's stag...if this has not improved then I'll be on the sideline...hope it's improved:)

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 10:45am

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

PS: Don't forget Advil's or something for the headaches you'll get, the exhaust and ventataltion here is bad, I was really sick after when we went to David's stag...if this has not improved then I'll be on the sideline...hope it's improved:)

Brian, are you sure that wasn't a one-shot affair, possibly just a bad day for the ventilation system there?

I was at TBC about four years ago, racing for over an hour, and I didn't notice the air quality was all that bad. Certainly never got a headache from it.

The air quality was much worse in any local bar or club years ago. I used to want to burn my clothes to get rid of the cigarette stench after a night out on the town.

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 10:55am
Yes brian, the cheapo races start at 6:00PM.  The idea is to make sure we are all "staged" for the first race at 6:00.  Races last about 20 minutes.

Cheers,

The Dawg
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 11:33am

For the air, I now many who experienced the same, and see you at 5 I hope:)

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Fieroman88 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 4:18pm
Most likely the family will attend so that be 4. Don't think they will handle quite like a Fiero. Looking forward to it.
Fieroman88
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 10:59pm
I remember Dave's stag and yes, the air quality there was really poor. Maybe the fans weren't working right or something. Good time had though.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 5:55am

I hope it's better:)...still packing Advil's though

Ok, 5:30am and still snowing, yahoo's on the back hill of my place spinning their all seasons and finally giving up...so drive safe all, we might have a smaller attendance if this keeps up or switches to ice rain as in the forecast and thunderstorm.

Coffee and Cream of Wheat...warm up the inside and off to autox we go...lol, friends just came back from a ice rally yesterday in Ashcroft, that would be fun

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 7:40am
The Prairie boy in me just laughs....a lot.

The Dawg
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 11:25am

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

...yahoo's on the back hill of my place spinning their all seasons and finally giving up...so drive safe all

I don't want to be one of those yahoos, so I'm afraid I'm not going anywhere today. My '84 is the only vehicle I have access to presently, and no, I don't have snow tires.

The main streets have been cleared here, but I'll never get to them.

I guess I'll be the first to suggest then that we postpone this a week or whatever. And no, not just because I can't go.  I'm sure others who wanted to go karting are in the same situation.

We can have this type of club get-together any day of the year, so IMO it seems unnecessary to proceed with it on the same day we get our one relatively large dump of snow this winter.

Anyway, I'm fine with whatever the club as a whole decides to do (although I won't be going nevertheless).

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 11:59am

Originally posted by Dawg Dawg wrote:

The Prairie boy in me just laughs....a lot.

The Dawg

The prairie boy in me realizes slicks/buggered alignment/racing clutch not going to get me there. Going to have to sit this out, got hit with waaay more snow than predicted.

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 12:17pm
Is anyone still going? I'm still planning to go if theres anyone still
interested.

It's actually raining right now in Vancouver so theres a good chance a
lot of the snow will wash away by later this evening..

Aus

1986 Fiero GT 3.4L V6 DIS, 5 spd, Full Polyurethane Suspension, Rear Coil-overs
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 12:25pm
Not in New West. It'll be too dangerous for me to try and go, sorry.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 12:54pm
WTF, so now we are off?...I have been Vancouver to Pitt Meadows
and currently in Coquitlam, roads are fine.

Tris, I can pick u up if you want ...I'll be home in an hour, make the
call if this is a go or not Tris and Dawg since you organized this...we
could do another date:)...Austin, we can hook up for GT5 then:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 1:19pm
Ok, I'll call it off as I have my buddy asking also, Pat is right, do it
another time...Austin, game on later:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 1:37pm
K sounds good, Another time it is!
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 2:05pm
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 3:54pm
LOL, that decision makes this post so much easier.  I was dreading coming on here to say that I won't be going.   I think the human body must share some parts with an automotive engine.  Cause when you fix only the top or bottom of an engine, the other half almost always blows.  Well I had my right knee fixed last year, and last night, while moving up a few stairs, my left knee cap, slid to one side and then proceeded to lock up my leg.  I am moving around now, but sore as hell and swollen up.  SO even if the carts were on I was going to have to cancel.  I am glad it is being done another day, as I really enjoyed it on my stag.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic