West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hell’s Gate Run May 7th Saturday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 3:19pm
That sounds fine, I can wait by the parallel road until I see you guys. I don't have a radio, but I'll see if I can find one. If I don't find one, my cell # is 604-835-4552.

It usually takes me around 20 minutes to get from Whatcom road to 200th, but you might drive faster than me.

What time do you think we'll get back by?
88 Formula 5 speed

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 3:29pm

The group usually stops at the Whatcom Road Petro Canada to fuel up with the cheaper Valley fuel prices.  So if that is still the plan we can just meet him there.  

There is also a Tim Horton's a Burger King, a McDonald's and one of those new age Energy Slushi places all in the same complex so many of the wives grab munchies when we stop.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 9:43pm

There's also the Petro-Can itself, which last year I found had a wonderful selection of fat-adders.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2011 at 12:17am
Good idea Dave.  Either way Colby, keep an eye out.

The Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2011 at 8:23am

Have fun...confirmed Saturday with my family & mom, we will miss this run.

Cheers...

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2011 at 10:26pm

Aw, damn. Well, I'll buy a donut this year in your place, Mr Brian.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2011 at 10:45pm
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 2:32pm
Say, when are we usually back by?
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 8:04pm
Been kind of quiet... this is still happening, right? I'd appreciate it if someone could text me when you all leave Ricky's so if you leave there later than expected or anything, I'll know (my # is in my post above).

88 Formula 5 speed

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 8:16pm

I think this would be a good time for a roll call to see who is going?

My name would normally be at the top of the list, but unfortunatly I can't make this run.  Sorry guys.

Damian has done an amazing job of putting up all the details.  The rest of the stuff, we have always just played by ear. 

Have Fun.

David

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 8:32pm
No...
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 9:17pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

No...

x2

I was planning to participate if the weather cooperated, but the forecast appears to be "iffy" at best, so I've made other plans.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:28pm
Well, is everyone else still planning on going?
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:36pm
Yes, I still intend to go.

The weather forecast for Hell's Gate doesn't look too bad.
88 Formula 5 speed

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 11:23pm
Excellent. I will see everyone tomorrow morning.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 7:54am
Bring your rain gear...
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 12:19pm

If anybody actually went on the run today, I hope they took the ark.

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

If anybody actually went on the run today, I hope they took the ark.

It wasn't so bad. Here's a few pictures:

88 Formula 5 speed

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 3:18pm

Good for you guys, ya, cleared up it seems, 3pm and sunny in Burnaby now:).

BBQ and Canucks in a few hours:)...

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 4:05pm

Well, for those of you who missed out on today, but wanted a ridiculous thorough review of what happened - you're in luck.

I got a text at 8am reminding me that I was, in fact, supposed to be several miles away from where I was at the moment - at home. With that, I through on clothes, grabbed my camera, keys and caffeine, and booked it out the door. I whipped over to Langley where I met this guy:

Pictured above: Harrison, in all his blurry glory.

After lending me a walkie-talkie, and introducing me to Antonio, his buddy, we quickly established a couple things, most important of which was that neither of us had a damn clue where we were going. As such, navigational duties would be left to the next gentlemen we were to retrieve. This guy:

Pictured above: Colby. Damn they look ridiculous in that chair.

Deciding to give mother nature the finger, we quickly set about ignoring the speed limits, with Colby leading the charge (Mainly to prevent Harrison and I from getting completely and utterly lost). Having filled up in Abbotsford, I thought nothing of slowing down, then chasing Harrison during particular slow sections, wasting about $20 worth of gas in the process. But, more importantly, I stopped when I heard an unhealthy clunk/bang noise when transitioning from left to right (I don't even want to know what it was). We stopped in a pullout, I rocked Gretchin (I have that effect on the ladies) and failing to find anything, told them to go ahead once again. Luckily, the sound stopped from then on. It would be the last stop until we made it to Hell's Gate.

Those of you with a keen eye might've noticed a couple of drops in the air. This, of course, was not an issue. After all, it was still easy to make out who I was following.

Pictured above: Harrison.

Pictured above: Colby.

Pictured above: ...Colby? Ish?

Pictured above: Harrison. Unaltered picture.

Ok, so that last one might not have happened, but it did generally seem like we were outrunning mother nature herself. When we got to Hell's Gate, both Colby and Harrison drifted (Accidentally) into the parking lot, both realizing three things at the last possible moment: There was a parking lot about five feet away. They were still travelling at highway speed. It was a gravel driveway.

This made for some intense Toyko Drift action as I followed them in. As we hopped out, we realized we had beaten mother nature in a race - those stupid, slow clouds were still a couple kilometres back.

Haha. Stupid clouds. You suck at racing.

We emerged, stretched out our legs, made terrible jokes. You know, awesome young people stuff. We then sauntered across the road to Hell's Gate.

This place.

We all paid our $20 and were told to hold on to our tickets for the ride back up. We took the gondola down while discussing bungie jumping (Stupid bungie jumping) and skydiving (Awesome skydiving) with our gondola-guy. Once at the bottom, we took the necessary "Oh-my-god-that-chair-makes-you-look-ridiculous pictures, waited for nature to catch back up (Damn she was slow), and then went across the bridge to the other side. I convinced the others to walk in to the train tunnel:

Yeah - that couldn't end badly.

We made our way back to the other side and stopped in for a bite to eat, as well as to laugh/revel at the gift shop. Once done, it was decided it would be a great time to head back up. We returned to our cars...

Aww... Arn't they adorable?

...And head back home. After we stopped in for gas, Harrison and I drifted our way across the road (Because, you know, screw tires) and eventually back towards home. We passed through a number of tunnels Ken would've enjoyed:

Pictured above: ...A tunnel?

We saw Colby off back in Abbotsford, and were immediately rewarded for not following the speed limit by being absolutely locked in traffic for about fifteen minutes, before we too finally seperated at Brunette. All in all, an awesome day for a group of four people who's combined age wouldn't have even broken the triple digits.

Pictured above: Immaturity.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic