West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Arlington 2011 Run Information

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 9:59pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

I also broke down at the autox, lost reverse gear and 2nd I can barely shift into...I'll be at PCA with the Mazda...

Aw man, it was a rough day for club member's Fieros today! Sorry to hear that, Brian.

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 10:43pm
Looks like it was a fun day... I'll be sure to renew my passport so I can make it next year.
88 Formula 5 speed

redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 10:48pm

Most enjoyable day!!! Good to hear all made it home. I stopped off   in Bellingham and could hear you go bye on the radio. A gray american Fiero spotted me in a intersection and was shouting out NICE!!!!!!!   YES I realize he was refurring to my car. Tristan I hope things work out well for you regarding your car. Also a big thank-you to Lisa and David for ALL the hard work put into The Arlington run.

redwilley

redwilley
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 11:05pm

Tristan I have a complete 2.8 Fiero V6 suppose to have been rebuilt, we would need to transfer over our accessories to the engine, or grab a spare alternator from the storage locker.  I really can't take on a job of an engine swap being I start a new full time Computer IT job on Monday which will take all of my time up.  But I will try to help when I can'  I know I am going to regret this, but if you need a place to do that and want an experienced eye to look over it as the job goes on, we can do it here.  Damian has also expressed interest in helping.  I have access to Cynts engine hoist and with his permission we we bring it to the house.  We will need to do some clean up to make it all work.  But we would drop your motor, swap the parts, inspect this motor and then put it into your car.  Probably over a weekend or 2. 

The club wants to see you back on the road, as in a way, you are me, 10 years ago.  The guy that always pushed the group to have fun and really cut loose.  When people cut loose and have fun, hey remember the club and want to come back. 

So pull your heads and check for cylinder wall damage if there is, then we can start on this motor and get you going.

David

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 10:21am

I'm just headed out for a few hours, but I'll pull them as soon as I get back.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 6:06pm

Dave, I'm trying to download the videos, but it appears to be limited to about 82KB/sec. This is taking forever.  Is the download speed being throttled at my end or yours?

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 6:33pm
The download server is on a very high speed connection and there is no throttle that I am aware of.  Must be a glitch someplace between you and the server.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 6:36pm
Just to be sure, I went in and did a test download, was peaking around 1200 kBps and average about 500 kBps.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 6:45pm

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Just to be sure, I went in and did a test download, was peaking around 1200 kBps and average about 500 kBps.

So... you're saying the problem is at my end?  Okay, it probably is.

I just did a speed test, and there does appear to be a problem. My speed has never been great... 3Mbps... but for some reason it's now only 1.76Mbps. I don't know what's going on.  Damn Telus...

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 7:15pm
Well might be time to switch to shaw, we are on the $49.95 plan and they just bumped us up to 25mb download and 2.5mb upload connection. They also offfer and a 50mb and 100mb connection.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 8:23pm
I must admit, things are slightly quicker now that I'm on Shaw, although I also seem to find the internet is much more finicky than it was when I was on Telus.
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 8:24pm
Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen. Awesome trip.
And all the oil has been washed off the front of my car and will be
nice and shiney for next week.
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 8:56pm

Originally posted by D_sensitized D_sensitized wrote:

And all the oil has been washed off the front of my car and will be nice and shiney for next week.

My car still has Tristan's oil all over the front of it. I figured it would help me glide through the air during today's autocross. 

Looks pretty bad though with splotches of shiny oil staining my flat black primered hood.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 9:04pm

If it makes you feel any better, you both are still probably having a better time then I am. Today, while I was getting ready to take the head of the rear bank, I went upstairs to grab some tools, only to discover the corpse of my cat, so I got to spend my day digging a small grave and burying her too.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 9:17pm

Tristan words elude me, but I am sorry to hear that.  Losing pets are like losing members of the family.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 9:38pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

If it makes you feel any better...

Aw man... No, that doesn't make any of us feel any better.

Real sorry to hear that, bud.

What was your cat's name, and how long did you have her?

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 9:53pm
Sorry to hear Tristan, our condolances...
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 11:02pm
Sorry to hear about your cat, Tristan... I know what it's like. Not fun. 
88 Formula 5 speed

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2011 at 8:00am

RBS last ride Arlington...

Johnny-B-Good

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2011 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

If it makes you feel any better...

Aw man... No, that doesn't make any of us feel any better.

Real sorry to hear that, bud.

What was your cat's name, and how long did you have her?

Hey name was Pegas (As in the first two syllabels of Pegasus), and I had her for 13 years. She died rather young, she was always too thin, could never get her weight up.

Never-the-less, she buried now, and I have a small grave, so I'll get going on the heads, as well as getting the Sierra going. Perhaps I can ask Clynt for an "inspection" if he still sells them.

Thank you everyone though for your kind words and condolences.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic