West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Complete Cars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FS: 88 Fiero Formula

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS: 88 Fiero Formula
    Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:06am
I'm selling my Formula now. Here's the description:

1988 Fiero Formula, factory red, power windows, sunroof with cloth interior for sale.

This car is collector material with a completely stock setup and original paint (as far as I'm aware) and has less than 70,000 kilometers on it. The car is in very good condition with a very strong running motor and transmission. The interior is in mint condition without the usual problems with the seats (wearing out of edges and rips) and windows (rail track marks) and the exterior has a few nicks that could use a bit of cleaning up. For a 23 year old car (collector at 25), this car is in great condition and runs very fast.

$4900.

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 7:38pm
New lower price of $4200.
ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 8:09pm
Nice looking Fiero.wish i had the doe$
SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 4:23pm
A bit lower, need to sell: $3800. It's a steal for the shape it's in and the lack of mileage!
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 2:49pm
This car is sold now. 
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 3:08pm

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

This car is sold now. 

Oh yeah, tell us more...

AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

This car is sold now. 

Oh yeah, tell us more...

I'm thinking Colby wants to place higher at autox. 

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by AllanJ AllanJ wrote:

This car is sold now. 

Oh yeah, tell us more...

I'm thinking Colby wants to place higher at autox. 

I'm thinking Colby really wants to embarrass me at autox!

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 9:43pm
I'm glad to see the car go to a good home and I look forward to see the improvements that will finally be made to bring the car up to it's full potential.

Should perform great at autox, with such low k's the engine is still quite strong and out runs my GT which also has low mileage, but still double the formula at 130.

Good luck guys! Thanks again for coming all this way.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 9:54pm
Chit really...well done Colby...now I have some competition
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 12:04am
Yeah, the duke was great for learning at autox, it was really obvious when you made a mistake since it takes so long for it to regain it's speed.

I'm ready for something more powerful though, and this 88 with it's improved suspension and low km seemed like a great choice. Particularly once you consider that in some of the events, the more you modify your car, the tougher the class they put you in. So for now at least the plan is to keep the car relatively stock, just replace as much worn out stuff as I can, etc.

Originally posted by Graeme Graeme wrote:

Good luck guys! Thanks again for coming all this way.

Yeah, no problem. I really enjoyed the drive, actually, especially the drive home.

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Chit really...well done Colby...now I have some competition

Hopefully.

88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 12:11am

So for now at least the plan is to keep the car relatively stock, just replace as much worn out stuff as I can, etc.

Ya gotta take one coil off those front springs. Ya just gotta.

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 12:21am

So for now at least the plan is to keep the car relatively stock, just replace as much worn out stuff as I can, etc.

Ya gotta take one coil off those front springs. Ya just gotta.

Yeah, that has crossed my mind already... I wanna do at least a season and possibly the next Slush Series in E Stock though which means no cutting springs, no changes to the rear sway bar, and no poly bushings. I could change my mind on this though, and I'll probably be in the STR class anyway until I can get some proper tires to mount on the 15" rims. We'll see.
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 12:25am

...which means no cutting springs... I could change my mind on this though

I won't tell if you don't.

and I'll probably be in the STR class anyway until I can get some proper tires to mount on the 15" rims.

Just for the track, why couldn't you use the wheels and tires you currently have on the duke for now?

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 12:37am

and I'll probably be in the STR class anyway until I can get some proper tires to mount on the 15" rims.

Just for the track, why couldn't you use the wheels and tires you currently have on the duke for now?

I am going to for now, but the rules are slightly silly and the fact that they're not the same size as the 88 rims puts me into the wrong class. I don't know if I can restrain myself enough to keep the car completely stock so I'll probably end up in STR eventually anyway. Like I said, we'll see. Hopefully I'll know for sure what I want to do with it after I drive it at the next PCA event.
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 1:26am

Unless a person really thinks they can win a particular "class" (and receives the million dollar bonus that goes with the distinction), what real difference does it make to a weekend warrior what class they're in?

Speaking for myself, all I'm concerned with is going around the course as fast as I can, how ever I can. I couldn't care less what class I was in.

I know, I have an attitude problem.

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 1:43am

Unless a person really thinks they can win a particular "class" (and receives the million dollar bonus that goes with the distinction), what real difference does it make to a weekend warrior what class they're in?

Speaking for myself, all I'm concerned with is going around the course as fast as I can, however I can. I couldn't care less what class I was in.

I know, I have an attitude problem.

It's just the competitiveness in me. I can't simply ignore the indexed times if I know they exist, and I'm going to do everything I can to make sure it's as good as it can be.

88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 1:59am

It's just the competitiveness in me. I can't simply ignore the indexed times if I know they exist, and I'm going to do everything I can to make sure it's as good as it can be.

I can't ignore the raw times which certainly exist, and the competitiveness in me wants to do everything I can (modifications, whatever) to get around the track as quickly as possible.

I feel the same way about "bracket" racing at the drag strip. I can't stand the idea of drivers trying to pace themselves so as to get as close as possible to some predetermined quarter mile time. The heck with that nonsense. Pedal to the metal all the way!

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 2:11am

I can't ignore the raw times which certainly exist, and the competitiveness in me wants to do everything I can (modifications, whatever) to get around the track as quickly as possible.

I feel the same way about "bracket" racing at the drag strip. I can't stand the idea of drivers trying to pace themselves so as to get as close as possible to some predetermined quarter mile time. The heck with that nonsense. Pedal to the metal all the way!

Well, my goal is simply to get the best raw time I can without screwing up my indexed time in the process.

88 Formula 5 speed

AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 8:28am
Your goal should be to kick Brian's butt.  It's fun! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic