West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whistler Run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whistler Run
    Posted: 04 June 2011 at 7:26pm
It looks like we will be having a Whistler run this year on Sunday July 31st.  There has been a ton of talk about some people also doing the PEAK to PEAK while there.

I will be uploading info about this shortly.

NEW PLAN below.

Peak to Peak:

Damien
Glenn
Jim
Maureen

Just Drive:

Harrison
Patrick
Steve
Ken

Once the info is up, please chime in quickly as there isn't a ton of time left to plan this.

Michelle and I are good either way but really enjoyed our experience on the mountain 2 years ago.  We highly recommend it.

Cheers,

The Dawg

NEW PLAN!
  • So, we leave McDonalds at 8:30AM.
  • Get to Whistler about 10:00AM after a stop to stretch our legs along the way.
  • The "ride only" types hang out for 3 hrs while the rest of us go up the mountain.
  • The "peak to peaker's" rejoin the ride only folks between 1:00 and 1:30.
  • 2:00 departure for Vancouver
  • Back to Lower Mainland about 3:30PM.

You dream it up....I'll make it
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 8:23pm
Here are some details regarding the Peak to Peak tickets.

EDIT:  The new plan is to all go up together.  Then some of us go up the mountain for 3 hours or so and the rest just hang out in the village till we get back.  Then we all head home together.

I'm supposing that we would get to Whistler, hang out together for a while.  Maybe have a bite to eat and then say goodbye to the "drive only" types.

We could then go up the Whistler lift to the Roundhouse.  Hang out, maybe take the summit lift to the very top, enjoy the view.  After 2 or 3 hours on the mountain, we take the actual Peak to Peak gondola to Blackcomb Mnt and ride the chair down to the village.

How does that sound?

The Dawg

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 9:33pm
Sounds perfect to this one.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 6:01pm
Is there anyone else that isn't on the list above that would like to come with us to Whistler?

The more the merrier!

The Dawg
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 8:08pm
We will head up with the group, but probably won't do the peak to peak and just hang out in the village or something.
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 8:43pm
Lisa and I should be heading up, but will probably choose to hang with Harrison and hit up a nice dinner / bar place.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 12:42pm

Last year taking Frankie up to Whistler was fun as the tourists seemed to get a kick out of seeing a husky up there. So I expect to take Frankie up there again this year and Anne might come up as well (depending on her schedule). I'm not sure what Anne wants to do in regards to the "Peak to Peak", but I'm just as happy to walk around the Whistler area for a couple hours with the Frankster.

Shakey Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Shakey Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 2:48pm
Joanne and I will do the same as we did last year ... we will hide out in one of the pullovers on the highway and wave a hearty greeting to all of the Fieros passing by.  If you want, you can honk your horn when you see us! Just look out for a red Fiero, and don't stop because we're sorry but we can't join you for the whole trip!
"Shakey" Dave Hathaway
www3.telus.net/myhistory
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 1:25am
Hey Tristan, you think you'll have the car ready?

Dawg

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Sounds perfect to this one.
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 10:36am
I will have relatives in town, but I will try and make it. 

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 11:19am
Ken, if you do come, which group would you be interested in joining?  I'll add you to the list just in case.

Thanks,

Dawg
fiero052 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fiero052 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 11:35am

FYI

i am tentative only, as both of my fieros are non runners at the moment. dilligently trying to get them back on the road thisweekend though.

glenn

Glenn
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 11:52am
No problem Glenn.  It's just to get an idea of what might be happening.  On the day, anything could happen.

Cheers,

Dawg
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2011 at 9:46pm
If I do make it, I will likely not do the peak to peak. I would have done it 3 times in the last 2 years already.    It's pretty spectacular to do it at least once.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2011 at 4:55pm
I'm gonna have to make myself a maybe for this one. Would rather get
my cars issues fixed before going on a run. Hopefully it will be fixed by
then.
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2011 at 8:38pm
Ok buddy.

Good luck

The Dawg
redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 1:18pm

Is the Whistler run still happening on the July 31st.?  Who is really going????  Count me in and possible my guy.

redwilley    Maureen

redwilley
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 9:37pm

Yes, we need to hear who's not tearing their Fiero apart, and is committed to going.

I'm planning to go. Frankie will be coming with me, just like last year.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 10:43am
Sorry gang, likely I'm jamming out. I have relatives from overseas in town.

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 12:35pm
Michelle and I are definitely going.

The Dawg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic