West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Car Chat (Not Fiero Specific) » Car Talk thats not a Fiero
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forza Motorsport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2011 at 10:44pm
damn it now I need to buy a xbox... been talking to the wife about getting one anyways for the kinect for the kids but now i have to buy it for the biggest kid in the house... me.. lol
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2011 at 11:35am

It's funny, normally I would never suggest buying a console for just one game. But Forza routinely blows me away with how amazing it is, and with the Fiero in it now, I simply cannot find a reason why every man, woman and child should play it.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2011 at 11:51am

Lisa, Arianna and I are going out to do some club shopping tonight, and I think I might have to get her to take a detour into Best Buy and put her employee discount to good use. 

I still need to know if there is a good way to stream home network content over the XBOX.  Honestly we have not played a game on our PS3 in nearly a year, however it is turned on every single day to be used to stream TV shows over the network.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
InfernoFiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote InfernoFiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2011 at 1:35pm
You can officially connect your 360 to the PC via PC Media Center, and so you can stream movies, tv shows, music and such from your PC on to your console, and if i'm not mistaken the 360 console upscales the quality of the videos too. Also, although I am a huge xbox 360 fan, the best game I have ever played this generation of systems is the Uncharted series on the PS3.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2011 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Lisa, Arianna and I are going out to do some club shopping tonight, and I think I might have to get her to take a detour into Best Buy and put her employee discount to good use. 

I still need to know if there is a good way to stream home network content over the XBOX.  Honestly we have not played a game on our PS3 in nearly a year, however it is turned on every single day to be used to stream TV shows over the network.

Aye, as Inferno said, your PC and your 360 can connect through both Media Centre and Media Player (Which allows you to do really cool stuff like driving to a custom soundtrack in Forza) provided they're in the same network (Sharing the same router), as well as more conventional methods such as USB drives, CDs and DVDs.

If you have services like Netflix that can be done through the 360 (Including using it by voice-command now) or certain "On-Demand" services, quite a few of them link through the 360 as well. Obvious it goes without saying the 360 can play DVIX DVDs as well. If there is one area where the 360 falls flat, it is it's high definition side. Unless you use an HDMI cable (Which it doesn't come with, you have to buy them seperately). If you use the analog cables, the 360 actually outputs 720p, and then "stretches" the results up to 1080p, which can look kinda sloppy.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2011 at 11:06pm

Well nearly 600 bucks later, I have my system, we did some shopping around and even with Lisa's discount, of all the Places, Toy's R Us had the best price.  The deal was you got the 250gb XBOX Kineckt Bundle with 2 games and 3 months free membership and built in Wifi with all the bells and such, plus 2 free games.  Price was $359 but the kicker was you got a $100 gift card "after" your purchase.  The catch with after was so that you could not use it to discount the system.  So we took that card and bought Forza 4, and a Kinectables Pet Game for Arianna.  Then I could not resist the Bluetooth Headset and the super cool mini keyboard. Then also splurged for extra warranty's and things, and then some more extra toys for the system.  Oh Romeo, I have lots of spare HDMI cables, I think I have a box of them around here some place.  I usually grab an extra 1 or 2 when I am NCIX.  Plus when we bought our new HD PVR's they all came with free HDMI cables.  

Now my question is do I hook the XBOX to the 52" 720p TV the 42" 1080p or the 21" computer screen thats 1080p in the garage.   Or just say screw it and go buy those 32" cheap 720p LCD TV's at XS Cargo for $199 each and get the warranty so I can return then when they die.

As soon as I am done with this post I am going to go in and start hooking everything up.  But I needed to come outside sit down relax and have a smoke and post up before I went back in the house and got to work. 

P.S. Whoever gets my present at the club X-Mas party will be sitting pretty.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
InfernoFiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote InfernoFiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 12:51am
I remember cnet from a while ago saying that the difference between 720p and 1080p emerges from 50" and onward so your 52" 720p screen may not be the best choice. The computer screen is most probably going to have the better resolution (more vibrant colors etc.), but its good to check the response rate (some screens have very slow response rate which kills it in the end) and plus its a smaller size. The safest bet would be probably your 42" 1080p.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 12:48am

The thing is, you aren't going to be able to notice the difference between 720p and 1080p when it comes to Xbox games. 1080p in games for the Xbox means 720p, but upscaled. Go with the 52".

The Fiero is SO GOOD at B-Class autocross I have now found out. Played my last few races in it, and I now have top spot in every autocross I raced it in (Of my friends list, anyways).

What's your gamertag? We should organize a Fiero race soon.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 6:24am

Well I moved from the 52" 720 TV to the 42" 1080 and maybe its just because the 42 is a much newer nicer machine, but dang it sure looks nicer cleaner and crisper. Plus the added bonus that the we have surround sound on this TV so I get to hear the Fiero engine noise behind me and when someone is coming around me to the left it actually sounds like they are to the left or to the right of me.

Now we just need to get all the names of all the people and clubs that were posted in this thread, collected and moved to the fist post so we can all add each other. As dumb as this sounds I am not sure what my gamer tag is, but I used the Facebook and MSN Messenger Link to search out my friends that are also on XBOX live using the same info and added them as friends so check your XBOX friends requests.

Also I just got done building my first Race Class Fiero, nearly 900hp Twin Turbo V8. Have not had a chance to race it yet, as I was so tired I was falling asleep while trying to go through all the settings and make sure I had everything maxed out.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 11:34am
If you go to xbox.com, it'll ask you to sign in using your Windows Live ID (Email). Once you do, you can see your gamertag and queue download and all that. But like I said, mostly just the gamertag.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 11:36am
Oh, and when you post your gamertags, THEY ARE CASE SENSITIVE. David is not the same as david or as DAVID. Just remember that.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 11:43am

Ok my Gamer tag is CaptFiero

And Tristen I have requested you to be friends however not gotten a response from you.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 12:18pm

damn wife nixxed my getting a xbox... will have to do it behind her back lol...

I will have to use the kids as a excuse

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 12:28pm

"Something, something, something, CHRISTMAS PRESENT FOR THE KIDS!"

I will hop on right now and accept David. Let me know if you want me to help set up the telemetry on your Fiero, squeeze out a touch more cornering from it.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Fire451 Fire451 wrote:

damn wife nixxed my getting a xbox... will have to do it behind her back lol...

I will have to use the kids as a excuse

Bring Kierra and Crystal over here, give Kierra 20mins with the Kinectabls Pets game and she will be so hooked, Crystal won't have any choice but to give in and let you get an XBOX.  Even I had to admit, when the Cub/Kitten comes right up to the screen and starts licking it and purring as you move your hands around it kinda makes ya melt a little bit.  At one point, the kitten finds an RC Truck and jumps on top of it to play, then you have to take control of the RC Truck, steering it by moving your hands around, and drive the cub around knocking over things for points.   Ya Ya the game is geared for kids, but there seems to be a little kid in every adult regardless of how much they try and hide it.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 8:54pm
Hey Graeme, I have a video for you, but I don't know how to upload to the club site... Any help?
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 10:08pm
How big is the file?
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 10:49pm
38.1Mb, which puts it well beyond the "file upload" limits.
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2011 at 1:57pm
PM sent.
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2011 at 10:38pm
Neat!

Here's the direct link to the file, I have to change the video player to work with MP4 files before the embed code will work here.

http://www.westcoastfieros.com/Fiero1.mp4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic