West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Car Chat (Not Fiero Specific) » Car Talk thats not a Fiero
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forza Motorsport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forza Motorsport
    Posted: 18 June 2011 at 10:35pm

Hey y'all, for those of you with Xbox's and who like autocrossing, you should know that the new Forza Motorsport 4 (My personal favourite racing sim) now has autocross in it, which should be a nifty little feature. Thus far, I don't think it has Fieros, but if it does, you'll be able to practice off-season!

Gamer tags:

Me: Romeo Reject
Kris: Krisduck

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 6:48pm
yes please

More info here
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 7:18pm
I know, I saw that and I was STOKED. LS4 Fiero, here I come!
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 8:26pm

Damn and I was perfectly happy with my PS3 now I am going to have to go and buy an XBOX. 

Anyone want to recommend which XBOX to buy and what bundle is best to get for the Forza setup. We have 100mb cable Internet with both 2.4ghz and 5ghz B,G and N Wireless as well as Gigabit Hardline.

1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
Though fuel efficiency was one of the catalysts that kicked off GM's Fiero brand, by the middle of its lifespan, customers were demanding more performance from the line. In 1988, the Fiera featured significant upgrades, including a new suspension designed to better support the Fiero's mid-engine layout. Little wonder then that with more power and a more focused design, the '88 version is largely considered the best in the Fiero line. As it happens, it was also the last Fiero produced, despite a prototype for a 1990 version being produced. The Fiero may be gone but it's still fondly remembered; a quick spin in Forza 4 is all the proof you'll need to know why.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 8:47pm
The first level that has the Hard Drive is the best bet. The massive memory model isn't really necessary, given your PC set-up.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2011 at 11:12pm

DIGITAL GRETCHIN!

Gah, pardon the sheer excitement, but if you own a 360 - for god's sake, buy this game. The Fiero GT is perfect. It handles the same, sounds the same, the interior is the same, the dyno chart lines up perfectly with reality... Ugh, it's amazing! Also worth noting is that for those of you who were ever wondering about the excess, it's possible to build an 821HP V8 Fiero GT if you like. Don't want the spoiler? You can delete it. Or, you could substitute in an adjustible race wing if you like. Always preferred the "Aero" front end? You can toss that on too. Or a giant splitter. Out back you can choose between the stock GT bumper or the chopped, Notchback one.

I have never been this elated to have a car in a game before.

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 10:56am
That's amazing.. I don't have an xbox but I'm considering it just for this game. can you get any other angles or shots of the car?
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 12:14pm
Oh, plenty, I can also have it over-exposed, darker, brighter, different tracks, sepia toned, black and white. Which kind of shot would you like? I will make it happen.
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 12:31pm
Just different angles, inside, outside. Can you open the trunk? doors?
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 12:32pm
Exposure could be a tad higher for details maybe.
Duck View Drop Down
Never fear, Superduck is here!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 12:37pm

OMG yes. You beat me to it. I know, I'm a geek, but I was actually slightly shaking when I saw the car in downloads today.  :)

And I've got three of them already. One's stock, and dark red so it looks almost identical to my GT when I bought it, one's yellow, lowered, with wheels as close to mine as possible, and one's got the LS engine and completely done out. First and second gears are useless. It's hilarious and awesome.  :)

My user name's Krisduck if you want to add me. I've got a team and stuff set up already if anyone wants to join mine.

How much horsepower can I have and still go to heaven?
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 12:45pm

Aw, I'm already in a team with my buddies from BCIT (Our races are usually asanine and retarded, but that works for me). It's amazing how well you can make that little bugger handle, especially when the suspension has been modified severely. Anyways, I will add you in a bit, not actually at home at the moment. =P

Unfortunately I can't open the trunk and doors on the Fiero (Only Autovista cars can do that), but the interior is still really high res, I will just snap a pic through the window. Then I'll find a good angle for another high exposure shot.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 4:01pm

Alrighty Mr Graeme, I took a trio more pictures (I also removed the roll cage, restored the interior to stock and painted the bottom trim to be grey like my Gretchin).

Gretchin's sexy interior.

Gretchin in an over-exposed shot.

And Gretchin in what would inevitably be the best Top Gear episode ever.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 7:19pm

Video of a recent cruise in the Mighty Duke... Here.

I had a bit of trouble in a couple of the corners. Just the usual problem of too much power.

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:45pm
Those are amazing images... Incredibly real for the most part. Thanks for doing that. Feel free to post any more you have.

Nice run Patrick.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 9:16pm

Originally posted by Graeme Graeme wrote:

Nice run Patrick.

Heh heh, just in case it wasn't obvious... that was a video that someone else created which had been linked to in This thread at Pennock's.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 9:47pm

Couple of short videos linked to in This post that are as much fun to listen to as they are to watch.

I'm definitely not a gamer, but I have to admit I'm intrigued by how the cars can be designed and then filmed and photographed in action.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 11:49pm
Yeah, the Top Gear one almost looks like it could be real, doesn't it? I think the next project for me will be splicing together a video of the Fiero whipping around the parking lot in the game, maybe I'll get my buddy to hop in one too for effect.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2011 at 12:52am

Ya know its kinda dumb, I have my own money, and yet I still out of respect ask the wife if she would mind if I brought home an XBOX. I guess first up is the system, the game and a controller, hook up via the HDMI on the 42" TV Plug in the related cables, network and such and get to downloading.

Anyone got any freaker sites, tweaker sites or hackers sites for the XBOX 360 that are MUST have apps for the system, IE PS3 Media Server for the PS3.

Oh and my TV only has 3 HDMI inputs which are all used up by the HD PVR, Roku2 XS and the PS3, can anyone recommend a good HDMI switcher. Would prefer electronic version that has a remote.

Also should I grab a steering wheel and pedals for this. Maybe even start to teach my daughter the basics of driving. The Graphics look better than most "Real" driving simulators that I used growing up.

This might be great to bring to the DEC meeting and show off seeing as the TV has an HDMI input.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2011 at 11:22am

If your Xbox came with a Kinect, you can hook that up and it'll track your head, so if you look left in real life, the driver's view will look to the left as well. Your daughter can play the game by holding her hands as if she were holding a steering wheel, and the game will take care of the gas and brake for her. Or, if you have three TVs, you can mount them all side by side and the Xbox will run the middle TV as the windshield, the left TV as the left window and the right TV as the right window. You can even mount a small screen as the rearview mirror for a grand total of four.

On the driving side, you can start her out with automatic brakes (Will slow her down to the right speed in corners), assisted steering (Will slow down the input of the steering so you don't spin the car), traction/spin/brake assists, start her on automatic (Eventually she can choose either a manual selection, or a manual with full clutch), turn on full racing lines (Will show which path to follow, as well as where to brake, turn on automatic transmission let off the gas and accelerate), and finally turn off tire wear, fuel consumption and damage (So she can ride the walls like a pro). Even with all that, if she makes a mistake, she can use a rewind function which will undo a few seconds at a time, and can be spammed as much as she likes. You can force no rewinds in your own game too, so that they don't infringe on your experience. As she gets better, you can start turning off certain assists one by one. Frankly, I do like my sim, but even I still have limited ABS on (Will still allow for steering, but doesn't cycle very fast resulting in huge braking distances if abused) and because I use a controller instead of a wheel, manual but no clutch.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic