West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » Members Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Colby’s 88 Formula

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colby’s 88 Formula
    Posted: 23 June 2011 at 12:59am
Bought from Graeme...

Apart from the extra power, I think the thing I like most about this car so far compared to my old one are the pockets where the windows cranks would go. So handy!
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 1:36am

Sweet!

Of course, it's evident the madness has now begun. This is how it starts. Soon there'll be a third Fiero in the Johanson driveway.

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 1:45am
Heh. Well on Saturday there'll be at least 3 of them when you're over, but I'll be selling the 2m4 eventually.
88 Formula 5 speed

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 7:12am
Text me your address and I might head out for a drive/visit
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 8:51am

Oh god damn, another V6. I am now going to own slowest car out there (Thank goodness for Patty!).

Machine looks excellent (Absolutely flawless, really). Look forward to seeing it at the next meet or autocross, whichever comes first.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 10:10am

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Look forward to seeing it at the next meet or autocross, whichever comes first.

I thought you were coming out Saturday?

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 11:57am
Wow....very nice.  This has got to be one of the coolest Fiero configurations out there.

This is turning out to be a big year for purchases in the club.  Things they are a changing.

Can't wait to see it in person.

The Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 12:05pm

New West Car show in July we should plan for:)...be awesome to see this car in there:)

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 12:10pm
Well, the small pictures do hide many of the flaws. 
88 Formula 5 speed

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Look forward to seeing it at the next meet or autocross, whichever comes first.

I thought you were coming out Saturday?

Oh hey, I remember this now.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 11:09pm
I changed the front shocks today to some new KYBs, quite a noticeable difference. I'm pretty sure the old ones were done, I had a feeling the front end was moving around too much. I'll probably move over the rear KYB struts from my old car when Patrick is over on Saturday, assuming he doesn't need me to help with his car.
88 Formula 5 speed

karnak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote karnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 3:16pm
Hey Colby, you should post your aircare report.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 3:42pm

Originally posted by karnak karnak wrote:

Hey Colby, you should post your aircare report.

Uh oh...

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 4:16pm
Sure, here you go:

The car is running rich and you can smell it. What could cause this? I'm thinking to check the timing and replace the O2 sensor before trying again. I kind of thought it would fail, I just needed to do it since I couldn't transfer the last two months of insurance over from my old car without at least failing.
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 4:44pm

Colby, these are your readings from Here.

Has this car never been AirCared previously?

Here are the readings from my '86 GT with no cat (which I posted about Here) just to compare with your readings.

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

I kind of thought it would fail, I just needed to do it since I couldn't transfer the last two months of insurance over from my old car without at least failing.

Are you absolutely sure you can still transfer the insurance? I was told I could NOT transfer insurance over from my '86 GT to my '84 unless the '84 passed AirCare.

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 5:16pm
Yep, first time through and first fail, that means I'm allowed at most 3 months of insurance. I transferred it last night.

It looks like if the car was an 86 it would have passed easily.

Just for reference, this is what my duke did:

The difference between 2008 and 2009 is a working EGR valve.
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 5:25pm

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

Yep, first time through and first fail, that means I'm allowed at most 3 months of insurance.

Ah right, you're lucky!

My duke didn't want to feel left out, so here's it's readings compared to your duke.

The difference between 2010 and 2011 is a functional cat.

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 5:29pm
What changes did you make to your duke between the two most recent results?

Edit: I see you updated your post.
88 Formula 5 speed

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 2:51pm
Yay, the car passed!

So, what changed with the car? Well, I had swapped MAP sensors with a known working one, and at the end of the last meeting, David had a scan tool with him and determined that the TPS wasn't in the correct range or something like that (Thanks! ). I think these things solved the richness. Rather than take it through again, my dad and I decided that we would replace the cat with one we had in storage here. When the old one was out, I decided to take a look at it and found that I could see right through it, it was empty. With a working cat and the car no longer running so rich, getting through AirCare was easy.
88 Formula 5 speed

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2011 at 4:42pm
I think I had mentioned that the cat most likely needed replacing because I knew the previous owner hadn't done any work and I didn't do any. My GT needed it too when I bought it, same idea, could see right through it... crazy stuff.

Great to hear you got it aircared. Great readings too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic