West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Black Notchies Tear Down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Black Notchies Tear Down
    Posted: 23 July 2011 at 7:14pm
For those that weren't there, we had a blast hanging out at the storage in Cloverdale this afternoon.  Michelle and I brought a bunch of shelving and tools to stake out our space in the Fiero storage barn.

2 new members showed up to look at some tires.  Dave, Tim and Rob were there also to either look for goodies or just help out.

Well we get to talking about my old notchie and how I'm planning to drive it to the storage and put it on stands in front of the storage doors for it's tear down.  It occured to us that some of you might want to participate.  It's a great opportunity to see how these cars are put together and a good excuse to come and hang with the gang.

Anyhow, just putting it out there.  There's a nice concrete pad right in front of the doors of this place.  No laying in the mud for us..:)  Lots of room to spread out and socialize. 

I'm thinking one of the weekends right after the Whistler run.  So in 2 or 3 weeks time.

Cheers,

Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 12:47am

Well if/when we get a confirmed date, and we can arrange a small pickup to come here, we can take my air compressor / air lines/ air tools, extensions, impact guns / ratchets and related tools from here.  It will go a ton faster with lots of power tools and lots of hands.  I would also recommend tryng to Pre-Sell as many parts as possible.  Get lots and LOTS of pics of the car, post as many detailed shots of all the little bits.

Make a list of what you really want to keep, and a list of what will be for sale and maybe even a generic rough estimate on what you want for the parts.  Honestly some people want stuff but are assuming the stuff they want is too expensive so won't even bother to ask. (had it happen to me, guy had parts with Make Offer, I figured he would want at least 100 if not 150 bucks, find out later he sold it for 25) Damn I was mad for not asking. 

Then once someone commits to a part, put up a list of what is Pre-sold .  Once the thread gets really active I can see more people showing up just for the fun of it.

On a P.S. note, if we can find a way to transport parts to the locker easily my driveway is still an option.  I know the locker is a great place to do it, as then nothing has to be moved.  Just worried about spare to work, access to tools and such.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 2:28am
To be honest, I'm not sure how much I want to get rid of.  Any notchie related parts are free game.  You see, the new car is the same year and has the same interior.  Now with the storage room, I am tempted to keep most of it.

So if someone needs something in particular, they'll just have to ask and we'll take it from there.

Jonny wanted the front nose bodywork if I remember.

I would be willing to offer drinks and hot dogs for anyone that wants to just come and help out.  We can make it a barbecue afternoon.

Cheers,

Dawg
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 8:25am
I was thinking about the gas line pipe between tank to filler (if it's not to rusty) ?
I may want to use that to relocate gas door (just a thought) ?

Anyway I'll try to make it there !
Johnny-B-Good

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 10:27am
Yup, it's yours if you want it.

The Dawg
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 12:21pm
Soundslikee fun, I will try to be there depending on the day.
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
DannyCanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DannyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 3:30pm
Is the muffler in good shape? If so I'm interested in the
exhaust from the cat to the end.
Nexus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 7:48am

This is a cool idea!! Too bad there are only 2 of us with fiero's in my city and i haven't met the other guy!!

Have fun with this and like Capt say's, take lots of pics!!!!

Charlie
84 SE
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 12:18pm
PM sent

Originally posted by DannyCanuck DannyCanuck wrote:

Is the muffler in good shape? If so I'm interested in the
exhaust from the cat to the end.

Post Options Post Options   Quote DannyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 9:01pm
When is this happening? I'm gone for three weeks as of Monday the 8th so if the tare down is on Saturday the 6th
it would be quite nice.
88 duke, bog standard
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 9:04pm
Is there a sunroof ?
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 9:28pm
The Plan as of right now is to try and bring the car to storage tomorrow (Friday).  But this might not be possible.  If not, then some time during the weekend for sure.  Most likely Sunday morning.

Danny, I will hold the exhaust for you.

And Johnny, yes it has a sun roof.

The Dawg
clynt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote clynt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 7:59pm
we (as in jb) will be looking for a non-sunroof as things are going to get complicated enough..

clynt (the guy that's getting scared)
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 8:29pm
Clynt don't we need the steel roof portion anyway and are you going to get
the doors from the notchie ?
clynt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote clynt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 11:01pm
yes we need the steel inner for the job..but a hardtop fiberglass to cover it up..and yes on the doors
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 12:52am
Ok...the car has been moved.  Man does that thing fly!  I haven't driven it for a while.  Too bad the engine is so tired now.

The plan now is to be back at the storage around 11:00AM on Sunday.  I will be there with a large floor jack and some stands to get the car in the air.  That would be a good time to show up for parts.  Make sure I know you're coming and what parts you want to take.

This is not the stripping party.  It's just when I'll be there for an hour or two depending on who shows up.

I took a couple videos of her last run.  Can't get them out of my phone.  I'll upload them as soon as I figure out this stupid phone.

The Dawg

Post Options Post Options   Quote DannyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 10:13am
Sunday doesn't work for me so you'll have to hold the
exhaust for till I get back.
88 duke, bog standard
Rob N. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rob N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 11:10am

hi Damain, Does your car have the delco radio connecting plug & hasness & are you willing to give it up?

Rob N. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rob N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 11:15am
also  before you scrap the frame, i'd like to cut out the passanger head light mounting area . Mine is dammaged from a previous collision. hanks ... I can be there easily on Sunday if you want some help .
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Rob N. Rob N. wrote:

hi Damain, Does your car have the delco radio connecting plug & hasness & are you willing to give it up?

I may have one...need to find it, part of my collector pile...

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic