West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Street Solutions DTB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote 1Shamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Originally posted by 1Shamrock 1Shamrock wrote:

Yeah, in hindsight if I would’ve known that he was an idiot with a death wish I would’ve just kept the car…

The problem is, he's probably still able to breed!

True that... Makes me almost wish the Fiero didn't have a 5-Star Crash Test Rating...

Sorry that was mean...

But after almost 16 years I'm still upset about it...

1Shamrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 1Shamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 12:33pm

So… If you were in my position with a 3.4L being installed and was kicking around the idea of a new Intake Manifold for a few extra ponies…

Would you suggest going with a Modified Original, the Trueleo,  the Street Solutions, or something else entirely?

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 1:33pm

Depends on what sort of budget you have, how much time you have and what your mechanical prowess is. Obviously modifying the original is cheap and quick, but it also requires you know how to work a dremel, and that you of course have a dremel to trim the metal. Buying an after market set-up is optimal, but then the price reflects that.

Personally, I know you said you don't have a welder - buy one. Then, head down to a local exhaust shop, and ask for their leftovers. Then just weld up a header that fits your requirements.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
1Shamrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 1Shamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 2:13pm

Romeo - Let’s see here… My mechanical prowess… hmmm…  I’d say on a scale from 1 to 10, and 10 being Mechanical Guru over all things… I’d rate myself a solid 3…  I can change oil, check fluids and even put air in the tires when they’re low!

I know, I know… no need to tell me… it’s pretty impressive… jk…

So I’ll most likely need to purchase an Intake regardless if it’s a modified original or an after-market…

And if you knew me you probably wouldn’t want me playing with a welder…  Not saying I couldn’t learn to be proficient with one over time, but it would be in my best interest to leave it to someone who actually knows what they are doing with one rather than leave me alone in  a locked room with one for any given amount of time because I can be mischievous…

But say if anyone of you guys know your way around a welder and would be willing to fabricate a decent set of headers for me at a good price, I’d be willing to pay for your expertise and know how…  And you would undoubtedly be saving me a trip to the ER and would have my wife’s gratitude for not burning down the garage..

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 2:18pm
Well, I have my hands tied up with my Fiero at the moment. If you ever want to stop in some time though, I can show you how to either stick weld (Easy) or TIG weld (Hard). I can't set up a set of headers for you at the moment, I have no time. Then you can simply borrow my welding stuff whenever you need to quickly fabricate something. It isn't difficult, I promise you!
1Shamrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 1Shamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 2:24pm

Romeo -

Thanks for the vote of confidence! But, I'm not exactly local... I'm in Minnesota... I wish I was local because I wouldn't mind learning how to do it... But if you get some free time over the winter months and feel like you'd want to take a stab at making a set... let me know...k?

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2011 at 3:50pm
Will let you know. =)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic