West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Engines / Transmissions and Related Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

’95 3.4 DOHC - $200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linlor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’95 3.4 DOHC - $200
    Posted: 17 February 2012 at 10:46am
I have a 95 3.4 Double Overhead Cam engine for sale.

It had low kms when taken out of the vehicle a few years ago.  About 45,000 kms.  I bought it already out of the vehicle.

I was going to use if for my 355 but ended up finding an already built '96 3.4 DOHC so put this one aside.

Time to clear out my garage for new stuff to fill the corners......

The engine is stripped down ready for a refresh or just a cleanup and put back together.  I was going to replace bearings and cam belts etc. for my own satisfaction.  When I took the engine apart, all the internals looked great with no abnormal wear on any of the parts.

I have a full gasket set that comes with it and that alone is worth about $230.  You all know how nice these engines are in a Fiero so I will leave it at that.  I also have a wiring harness built that can be used to document and copy so you don't need to pay $400 I did to have someone else build it.

You will also need is an '88 Fiero flywheel and new clutch.  I got a Spec II clutch but I have been told you can use stock Fieros if you are not hammering it.....  That rarely happens (the not hammering part) so you may want to look at a Spec clutch.....

I can bring it over to the Mainland next time I am over as well.  Should be in the next month or so.

Also, I will trade an '88 front suspension setup for the engine as well.  I am thinking about using an '88 front setup in my Countach build.

Cheers
Don

Ferrari 308 Replica
Prova 5000s Countach Replica
Linlor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linlor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2012 at 10:25pm
I am surprised noone has jumped onthis.  I don't get it.  This is a 3.4 DOHC that can easily be bolted back together with not many new parts and be running.I would do it but I already have a '96 fully assembled that I bought after I got this one.

Does no one want to put a 3.4 DOHC into their car?

Cheers
Don
Ferrari 308 Replica
CFoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CFoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 8:09pm
Where are you at? I'm in Duncan.

I have a rotor to rotor 88 front sitting in my backyard (In a tent) looking for a good home. $100 and it's yours. I expexct it would meet your needs.

I don't need another engine though. Hmmm maybe I do.

I have to talk to a guy about a 3.8 tomorrow. If that falls through maybe we can swing a trade.

Chay
86 SE 3.4
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2012 at 11:13pm

I would LOVE to have a 3.4 in my 88GT, high reving, moderate to high HP ratings equal to a 3.8SC and with boost will blow the doors off even a modded 3800SC.  (I believe 450hp with a turbo is common reference number for a 3.4 Turbo motor.)  However..........  I am in the process of selling, packing and sorting trying to decide what I am going to take to Oregon and what I am going to leave behind.  Then categorize and list every single thing I and the family own so we can give it to Immigration. They are so picky about people moving into the USA.

Lastly I am really kicking myself, I really want to mod the 88GT however its a yellow 88GT V6 5spd.  1 of 20 Canadian made.   So it is worth so much more stock, and I really want the cheaper collector rate insurance.  Which in Oregon is only about $20 bucks a month. 

If I was already in Oregon and had the shop all setup for engine swaps, I would probably really think about it.  However right now even me who WANTS a 3.4TDC 5spd Fiero so bad he can taste it.  Has to pass on it.   The 3.4 TDC is the perfect motor for the Fiero, fast high reving, screamer, and begs to be boosted.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Linlor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linlor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 12:53am
Chay;

I m in Victoria. Colwood specifically. I am heading up to Cumberland
next saturday so I can stop in on the way or the way back.

I also have a 3.8 s/c series II I got off dr. Fiero. It has low ams and
needs putting back together. I also have a wiring harness coming
from fieroflyer from Pennock's. He is out in Ontario. Been waiting a
while for the harness though.

I will touch base during the week to set up a time.

Thanks
Don
Ferrari 308 Replica
Linlor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linlor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 12:56am
Capt.

I did not know you were moving. Good luck with the move.

Cheers
Don
Ferrari 308 Replica
CFoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CFoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 9:24am
Ok, I'll dust it off and post some pics here so you know what you're getting into!

I should see my bud tonight at hockey...

It wouldn't be bad to have a spare 3.4 sitting around though.

Does the 3.4dohc have any accessories (coil pack, throttle body etc), or just the bare bones?

Chay
86 SE 3.4
Linlor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linlor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 12:37am
Chay;

The 3.4 comes with intake and throttle body and sensors if I
remember correctly but no accessories.

Cheers
Don
Ferrari 308 Replica
CFoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CFoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 8:45am
The 3.8...turns out it was a 2.8 not a 3.8 (From a late 80's Camaro) PM Sent.

Chay
86 SE 3.4
Linlor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linlor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 10:37am
Engine now spoken for.

Chay;

Thanks for helping me clean out my garage of one item and put another one in........

Cheers
Don
Ferrari 308 Replica
CFoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CFoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 2:50pm
Hey, maybe in 5 years we can swap them back ha ha.

Chay
86 SE 3.4
CFoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CFoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2012 at 8:33am
Pics:

1) Rotors:

They look a bit rusty, but there is no gouging in the face...I suspect they are flat...a quick resurface and they will be good to go.

Calipers:

I didn't check to see if they are seized or not, but you have cores anyway.

86 SE 3.4
CFoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CFoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2012 at 8:38am
Main:

I checked the rack...it's still tight and free. I didn't check the bearings, but I did last year and they felt good. It's been dry the whole time so I don't expect any change.

You can see on this end the brake shield got bent up. Shouldn't be too hard to get it back in shape.

Other end:

Chay
86 SE 3.4
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic