West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Build Threads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Front shock mount

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Front shock mount
    Posted: 18 May 2012 at 7:58pm
Does any one know what can be done about a broken upper shock mount on the driver's front? The previous owner bolted it to the frame through into the trunk area. Bolts are right down by the power booster. Can I weld this bracket or reinforce it and weld it? Any help is appreciated
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 1:23pm
If it's not twisted all to hell, then anyone worth there salt should be able to tack it back in while straightening it flat as they go, then butt welding it into place. 

Just have to do the usual, and make sure it's all clean, and not put too much heat into since it's fairly thin and you don't want to blow through it.

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2012 at 2:50pm
That makes at least 3 Fiero's that I have seen that busted the front upper shock mounts.  It was one of the reason I parted out my 85GT.  The front mount had completely busted off.  I believe it was because the car was lowered and I had stock length shocks on the car, which were bottoming out in one direction,and trying to hang the front wheels in the other direction when I launched hard.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic