West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some changes ahead for the club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

One "change" I'd like to see is the content of the club's front (home) page.

The same blurb about Our Latest Meeting Wrapup Letter has been sitting there since October 2011.  It's now August of 2013.

Ironically, the write-up was about options on how best to update the front page.  Option #2 won by a landslide... or so we've been reminded for the last three years!

Considering that this is what everyone/anyone who visits the club's website first sees, it might be an idea to update front page current content on a more regular basis.

I just want to let it sink in what a landslide victory it was.

Yeah, we were all suitably impressed... month after month after month. 

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 9:04am
Originally posted by redwilley redwilley wrote:

I agree the forum is very important,useful and much needed. The club meetings are also valuable
as it helps us bond with each other and make new comers welcome.
If you hadn't met at the meetings I'm sure very few of you would be gathering to help each other as you do.
redwilley

I agree too, meetings are very important nothing change (just because Dave stepped down, he hasn't been at
meetings for a long time anyway), the members still hooked up for the meetings.

There's a small group that always meet anyway, so why end meetings if we still want to meet
Johnny-B-Good

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2013 at 9:33pm
Ok, it's official, technically we are out of the storage as of Sept 1st. So
ANYONE who has stuff in there better let me know pronto.

We have basically 3 weeks to clear out any valuables. Anything not
accounted for will be sent away to the recycler or the garbage bin.

We will have open door days on weekends for people to look around
and grab things.

Dave will have more details.

Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2013 at 10:02pm
Thanks for the update
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Jim85GT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jim85GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2013 at 7:04pm
Hey Damien, do you have any pictures of the items in the storage? and how can we get a hold of you to check it out on the weekend?
I am still working on the Silver 85 GT and would like to see if there is a good dash?
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2013 at 10:45pm
David & Lisa and family,

Gonna miss you.   The folks from the Oregon Fiero Club approached me while at Fiero Fest asking of your status and they want you to join up with them, if you haven't already. Our loss, their gain.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2013 at 11:05pm
Lets see what Dave comes up with first, ok?  There is quite a bit stuff collected over the years.

I personally have several good "not mint" grey dash boards in there so PM me.

Originally posted by Jim85GT Jim85GT wrote:

Hey Damien, do you have any pictures of the items in the storage? and how can we get a hold of you to check it out on the weekend?
I am still working on the Silver 85 GT and would like to see if there is a good dash?
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2013 at 11:15pm
This weekend coming up I am out of town.  But I can be made available the odd day during the week if need be.

Dave is planning to return to town for a short while to pull out a few goodies for himself.  So there will surely be an open door weekend there somewhere.

After Sept 1st, anything unaccounted for is forfeit.  Because of communication delays there is simply no time left.

Dawg 
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2013 at 12:17pm
I would love the time to do a multi quote message, but I have only a few mins before I have to get back to other projects. So here Goes.

Regarding the Meetings, as RedWilly said, the meetings have been the foundation of the club and frankly I think EVERYONE on here, made there real connections to each other at the meeting in the first place and if it was not for the meetings you would probably not be here.   The Portland Club (more on that later) did away with monthly meetings a few years ago and has basically quit being a club. They have a few people that are friends that get together to do stuff. Without the meetings there is no reason for club stickers, club memorabilia and or even dues to pay for a website and hosting. They have dropped their site all together and just do the Facebook thing, as well as the free mailing list through Yahoo Groups. (We tried the Yahoo thing years ago and it just did not work) Although many of us do have Facebook accounts, we don't all use it on a daily basis. Frankly Too Much Spam and Game Crap on Facebook.

If the Club Meetings go away, I think the core of the club will just die off and go back to the way it was about 15 years ago when I started it. Just a bunch of Fiero owners meeting for dinner every once in a while.

To be very honest I don't have a right to really put my 2 cents in as I won't be there, but as the founding member I hope my voice can at least be heard.

Ken yes I have spoke to a few members of the Portland group, and even purchased my new Cross Drilled / Slotted Rotors for my 88GT from one of the founding members of the club. They really are a great group of guys. I found him selling Fiero Parts on Craigslist. Fiero's are much more rare down here than in BC. I get lots of people actually asking me What Kind of Car it is. They seem stunned when I say its a 25 year old Pontiac.

Now as to the Storage.   I am taking my 88 Suspension Parts, my Fiero Glove Box, and my snow tires as well as some rear suspension parts.    

There are tons of parts in the locker. I think I even have an old pic gallery of what was/is in there. I'll see if I can't dig that up.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2013 at 12:27pm
I think what Damian and I need to do is take out what we want to keep for ourselves and then just do a HUGE FIERO PARTS Garage Sale. What does not get sold for even pennies on the dollar, will then become Freebies on the last day of the month that we keep the locker.   I think if it is suitably advertised, publicized, promoted, we could get people from Washington to come up and pick through it, as well as maybe a person from Alberta to zip out and do a batch buy for Alberta members.

Note prices below are for My Parts only, and prices do not apply to Dawgs parts.

Anyone needing a 125C Fiero Automatic, I think there are 2 or 3 of those in the locker that I know of that need to be sold. I'd go as low as 50 bucks to a club member. Fenders 25 bucks, hoods 25 bucks, trunk lids, SE/Coupe/Early GT 25 bucks, Headlight Motors Early cars, 15 bucks (SOLD AS IS, as I can't be there to warranty anything) Late Model motors, 20 bucks.   

David
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Jim85GT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jim85GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2013 at 3:03pm
Hi Dave, Damien and Ken.
Dave, It would be great to see the photo's, especially better if there were new ones from this week,( if your coming up to go through the locker for the items you mentioned).
 The new pictures would really help the our club to see what is there.

If we (as a group) are going to have a garage sale I would think it is really important to involve some of the other Fiero Clubs near by, knowing they would have an inexpensive source for their projects as well.

I can't speak for everyone but, I hope everything starts to settle down more for you now.  I appreciated the work you and Lisa (and the others) have done for the meetings in the past, I can only hope you might be what they need down there to revitalize their clubs.
Fieroman88 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 6:28pm
Hi Dave and Lisa.  Glad to see that (I hope) things are coming together since I last say you two at Aurora. As we discussed briefly, I would look at officiateing over the club if this could be shared by someone else ( Maybe Harrison?)  as it can surely take over your life.  I do not really wish to try and fill your shoes David as I think that is impossable, but the club is an asset to all Fiero owners and it is easier to keep it going, than trying to start it up after it's decline. Meeting are truly bennificial to the new comers and reflects the comradery of our organisation and friendship, welcoming Fiero owners with excitment and insight into the car. If anyone else would rather fill in, please be so kind, as I would gladly take a rear seat if someone else wishes to offer. Best of luck in you new adventure, and I trust you will return at a future time to officiate again. Thanks again for all the effort you have put into West Coast Fieros.
Fieroman88
morphiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote morphiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2013 at 9:17pm
Hi guys.

I haven't posted much on the forum and I've only been able to make it to 1 meeting so far but I have been lurking on the forum for quite some time before picking up my first Fiero.

The club is one of the main reasons why I took the plunge into Fiero ownership. I would hope that the meetings continue as I believe they really benefit us new members.

just my 2 cents 
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 1:20pm
Dave, do you have a date nailed down yet for coming up here?

No one has contacted me regarding any of their stuff in there. So I am
assuming it's just you and me.

Lets not leave it to the last moment, ok?

Cheers,

Dawg
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 2:10pm
Lisa and I will be in BC either tomorrow evening or day after tomorrow. This weekend will be a sell out clear out day. Then the following Saturday will be the last day of the month and what is left over will be either given away or scrapped. I have people down here in Portland that have expressed interest in a few things. So I will bring the trailer up to BC with me so I can haul some stuff back down here.    I will stay in BC for at least the next 2 Saturdays and may return to Oregon after the 1st of the month. I also may have found a short term storage for my extremely important stuff. So I will need to move it there before I leave back for Oregon.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Jim85GT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jim85GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 5:44pm
Hi Dave and Damien, I was off for the last 3 days and was not available. (out of town).
It would be great to see what is available in the storage unit (pictures) before contacting either of you.  It would save a lot of running around etc and we could even set up a time for someone to be available to meet at the Cloverdale storage? Damien would have a long way to travel from work to the storage in any case.  As mentioned before, I am still working on the 85GT and it would be very beneficial to see what if available for the club members to pick through before it disappears? Please contact me by phone(yes phone) as I am not always on the forum.  604-591-8154 (there is an answering system after the 4th ring).
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 7:09pm
Sorry Jim, it is unlikely that I will have the opportunity to deal with
pictures as you know I am a long ways from the storage.

I have a full cradle from my original car. That motor is loaded with
performance parts. The cradle has poly or aluminum bushings. A good
strong 5 speed tranny also.

I have lots of bits and pieces that I will go through after the first of the
month.

My flat deck trailer is also for sale $300.

OK Dave, send me a text when you're around and we can get together.

Cheers

Dawg
Jim85GT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jim85GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 9:08pm
Hi Damien, thanks for the info.  John Craker just rebuilt my engine and I am working on finishing up the final parts before really getting into putting it together, that's why I am interested to see what is there.  I know it is next to impossible for you, knowing where you are but, if you are going out there this weekend, Please give me a call and hopefully we can set something up (ps. I always work on Saturday but, I am suppose to finish at noon this Saturday).
Thanks
Jim
Fieroman88 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 9:23pm

Would like to take a look myself \. Pls advise where and when we can meet up, or call me.

Glenn

Fieroman88
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2013 at 10:18pm
Ok, lets aim for early afternoon on Saturday. I will be there by noon.
Jim, get there as soon as is practical. I have hours of work ahead of
me, so I will probably be there till 3:00pm or so.

See you then.

Dawg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic