West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some changes ahead for the club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some changes ahead for the club
    Posted: 04 August 2013 at 9:38pm
Hello everyone.

Dave has told me that he is stepping down as President of the club.  His life is just too complicated right now to deal with club issues.

One thing I would like to discuss is the storage facility in Cloverdale.  It just happens that the owners have sold the property.  So we have new landlords there at the moment.  I am taking over the unit on behalf of the club.

At the moment I am gathering all the details about what will change and so on.  Also I have offered to be webmaster if need be.

Anyone interested enough in saving the club by getting seriously involved should pipe up now.  Otherwise, I suspect we will not survive the winter as a group.

Also, I need to know if there is anyone interested in using part of the storge.  If the rates go up I am likely to pull out unless we can drum up some interest.

OK....there it is folks.

Hope you are all having a great summer.

Dawg (very busy guy this year)

You dream it up....I'll make it
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2013 at 12:16am
Well, I can't offer too much in the way of help (I'm
working twelve hours a day these days), I will help in
whatever capacity I can. PM whatever you need.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
karnak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote karnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2013 at 9:05am
i am wiling to offer up a static ip for the continued hosting of the site (if it helps)

Gary
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2013 at 11:54am
As a club we don't really need a web site now days, but as a club I am certain we are not going anywhere...we just need a avenue to post and reach each other.

The monthly meetings were always a nice time to meet and gather, I thin we can get more draw with "Events" 3-5 times a year, and especially when we have bridge tolls to deal with, cost me $9 almost last meeting...lol

We have a FB, maybe lets try using it more?...and as Gary offered a ip for someone maybe to move this site to.

Anyways, still a loving Fiero owner as many of us, just life has other things for us to deal with, doesn't mean we cannot still continue in a different way:)

Cheers...Brian

PS: Tris your Woos for 12 hour days...lol
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2013 at 12:25pm
Guys don't worry about the website, Graeme and I have the hosting stuff taken care of, and Damian has agreed to step in and take over moderating.

5 or 6 years ago, I moved the club domain from its own host to my personal host. I pay about $180 per year, of that about $60 of it was club domain stuff. Note that its not just the domain name, its the unlimited @westcoastfieros.com email accounts, the email lists, and related sub domains. Several people do use the @westcoastfieros.com email accounts.   It was the only way to get an automated email system up and running as well as getting us unlimited Bandwidth for the larger club videos. I have given over the years a few people FTP accounts to upload the really big stuff.

Please also note that the forum software itself is actually not even hosted by me, Graeme has been hosting the forum for years, all I do is point the westcoastfieros.com domain to his server. What I/The Club host is the larger media content. This was done so Graeme could have unlimited access to the forum software and allowed me to handle all the media without the risk of breaking the forum. (you know me, If it ain't broke, I find a way to break it)

The main issue is that I did almost all the behind the scenes stuff for Photo Galleries, and such. Posting all the club galleries from meetings, racing home, editing all the photos running it through my gallery software then uploading it via ftp, creating a link and posting the gallery to the site.   I would also do the same thing for Members that wanted a gallery for one reason or another.

Same went for club videos of runs and such. Which in the early days I never missed a run. It was nearly 2 years ago that my father passed and I started this roller coaster ride in Oregon. Which has left myself and Lisa unable to really take care of club stuff. I am really grateful for the work that Harrison has done over the last few years. Glenn in Port Kells has agreed to also do some major help with the club funds. Things that need to be picked up from my house are the club scan tools, the club banner and the money box. I believe that Glenn is going to handle the money box in conjunction with Harrison.

I would like to keep writing on this topic, but I have to run again.

I assure you I am not leaving the Fiero World, and still do subscribe to every section of this forum, so I get instant emails anytime any one of you posts a thread or reply to a thread.   I don't always have time to reply, and sometimes don't even feel its right for me to add my 2 cents to a topic that I am not involved in.

Take Care Everyone and rest assured the forum is not going anywhere.

P.S. I could add facebook.westcoastfieros.com to our domain list if that would be helpful and set it to go to our Facebook page.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2013 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

As a club we don't really need a web site now days, but as a club I am certain we are not going anywhere...we just need a avenue to
post and reach each other.

Cheers...Brian

PS: Tris your Woos for 12 hour days...lol

I'm happy the web site is going to stay

Brian, that's what a web site is for, to keep in touch that's the best avenue to post and reach each other (with pics)
Without the web site as a club it will not go anywhere, the web site is THE CLUB.

We'll see you soon

Edited by Car-2-Lo
Johnny-B-Good

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2013 at 5:39pm
I am all about having the site ...I miss read thinking there was a issues, etc...

Edited by Bassman
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 11:16am

One "change" I'd like to see is the content of the club's front (home) page.

The same blurb about Our Latest Meeting Wrapup Letter has been sitting there since October 2011.  It's now August of 2013.

Ironically, the write-up was about options on how best to update the front page.  Option #2 won by a landslide... or so we've been reminded for the last three years!

Considering that this is what everyone/anyone who visits the club's website first sees, it might be an idea to update front page current content on a more regular basis.

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

The same blurb about Our Latest Meeting Wrapup Letter has been sitting there since October 2011. 06_110755_smiley_wtf.gif"> It's now August of 2013.

Ironically, the write-up was about options on how best to update the front page.  TID=2715&PN=1&TPN=1">Option #2 won by a landslide... or so we've been reminded for the last three years!

Considering that this is what everyone/anyone who visits the club's website first sees, it might be an idea to update front page current content on a more regular basis.

Very good Patty    who's in charge of the first page anyway lets get this club site updated
Johnny-B-Good

karnak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote karnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 2:20pm
Ya.. "last posted picture" of RBS2 can go there.. pure eye candy.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 7:58pm
The Front Page info was automatically updated from the "Meeting Wrap Up" thread. Tristan stopped updating it so the front stopped being updated. I have went in and changed it to "Will be updated soon"   I will have to contact Graeme to edit the contact information and have Mine and Lisa's name removed from the front page.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 8:01pm
P.S. This is the thread that the front page draws from. Only Admins / Moderators can post in there.

Front Page Thread

Edited by Capt Fiero
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 9:45pm
  Not to worry, already in the works.

Dawg

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

I will have to contact Graeme to edit the contact information and have Mine and Lisa's name removed from the front page.
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 9:56pm
It appears as though the same amount of energy has gone into that front page that's been going into the club in general.

I am up for any good ideas.  We ALL need to show each other that we care about this club in the next few months.  Or things will be changing drastically.  I can keep the website up and running and maybe even spice it up a bit.  Lets hear from everyone.

Dawg

it might be an idea to update front page current content on a more regular basis.

redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2013 at 8:30am
Capt. Fiero ( Dave )
Very happy for you,Lisa and kids with your move, sad to see you go. (re- the club)
Thanks for all the help you have given me.
redwilley (Maureen)
redwilley
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2013 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Dawg Dawg wrote:

It appears as though the same amount of energy has gone into that front page that's been going into the club in general.I am up for any good ideas.  We ALL need
to show each other that we care about this club in the next few months.  Or things will be changing drastically.  I can keep the website up and running and maybe
even spice it up a bit.  Lets hear from everyone.Dawg

it might be
an idea to update front page current content on a more regular basis.

Dawg, things won't drastically change as long the web site is running. The web site is the CLUB now   
We don't have to meet every month to keep in touch, we have the WCF CLUB web site for that
Members who do want to hook up for coffee or dinner they can plan for it, that's what been going on anyway
Johnny-B-Good

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2013 at 10:46am

One "change" I'd like to see is the
content of the club's front (home) page.

The same blurb about Our Latest Meeting
Wrapup Letter
has been sitting there since
October 2011. 06_110755_smiley_wtf.gif"> It's now August of 2013.

Ironically, the write-up was about options on how best
to update the front
page.  um_posts.asp?TID=2715&PN=1&TPN=1">Option #2 won by a
landslide... or so we've been reminded for the last three
years!

Considering that this is what everyone/anyone who
visits the club's website first sees, it might be an idea
to update front page current content on a more
regular basis.

I just want to let it sink in what a
landslide victory it was.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2013 at 6:03pm
Personally? I think the monthly meetings should just get turfed.

Chatter can happen here, just as easily as there. And let's face it - I'm
1500km's away, and STILL able to chat! Can't make a meeting though.

Want an in person get together? Arrange one! Where? Hmmm... HERE?!

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2013 at 6:26pm
I have said that a few times again with the bridge tolls also...plan gather's:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2013 at 10:01pm
I agree the forum is very important,useful and much needed. The club meetings are also valuable as it helps us bond with each other and make new comers welcome.
If you hadn't met at the meetings I'm sure very few of you would be gathering to help each other as you do.
redwilley
redwilley
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic