West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next event is Arlington drive 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next event is Arlington drive 2014
    Posted: 13 May 2014 at 1:08pm
Might I suggest a slightly different more scenic route.
Though it might add about an hour to the drive time, but
save an hour at the border.

Take the Sumas crossing at Abbotsford and drive via highway
9. A more leisurely route pace with more twists and turns.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 1:41pm

I just wanted to add to this thread that the date of the Arlington picnic is Saturday, June 7th.

Ken, you're definitely on the right track.

Originally posted by Patrick in <A href=http://www.westcoastfieros.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3424&PN=1 target=_blank><strong><FONT color=#ff0000>This thread</FONT></strong></A>: Patrick in This thread: wrote:

I heard from a little birdy today that Jet City Fieros will again be having their annual picnic at the same airport in Arlington this year. It will be held on Saturday, June 7th.

From what I understand, they're going to have all the Fieros parked in closer proximity to where the tents and food are set up this time. I think that's a good idea. There's always been quite a separation at previous Arlington picnics, with the cars (and the people looking at them) way off by themselves.

I'm hoping this year we can take a more interesting route to Arlington. Heck, we can get really inventive and take different routes going down and coming back! We're driving sporty little cars. No need to take a boring route designed for transport trucks. Let's make the drive there and back a fun part of the total experience.

I'm hoping it might soon be possible to again upload images directly into our posts so that we can show a few different options on maps with various routes. (Yes, I know we can link to images uploaded to Photobucket or wherever, but that's quite a nuisance.)

Damien... Colby... are you able to resurrect this very useful forum function/feature?

Edited by Patrick
redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 1:57pm
Was a time and location set up at the last
meeting, or are still waiting for a new route ?
Redwilley
redwilley
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Damien... Colby... are you able to resurrect this very useful forum function/feature?

Not on this server we're using right now. I'm working on migrating things but it's going to take some time. Until then, you could try one of the image hosts which don't require registration.

Crossing at Sumas would be very convenient for me. I know there are some more interesting roads out that way as well.

Edited by Cheese
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 8:33pm

Originally posted by redwilley redwilley wrote:

Was a time and location set up at the last meeting, or are still waiting for a new route?

We were too busy filling up on $3 Teen Burgers to discuss Arlington.

Now's the time to suggest our options for an interesting route. 

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 9:38pm
Hey Colby, somebody was looking for you phone number at the meeting.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 12:22pm

Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

Might I suggest a slightly different more scenic route.

Take the Sumas crossing at Abbotsford and drive via highway 9.

I believe this is the route that Ken is suggesting.

A variation of this route is to start a bit further west, crossing the border at Aldergrove, go south on Hannegan Road, and then travel east along Lake Whatcom to get onto HWY 9. (To see this in Google Maps, click HERE.)

Other suggestions are welcome. Heck, we can go down one way and come back another.

Edited by Patrick
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 10:26am
Actually my thought was to meet at the usual place and then
drive along 0 (zero) avenue or thereabouts to the Sumas
Crossing. Or Fraser highway.   

I'm not going to be able to make this trip as I have
relatives visiting so I really don't have a say in this.

Fieroman88 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 2:37pm
Aldergrove doesn't open till 8AM. Our best bet would be to
meet at Tim Hortons at 152 and #10 and leave promptly at
6:30 crossing at the Truck Crossing at 176. Once across we
can head over toward Lynden via "H" street and continue
down from there. Suggestions
Fieroman88
Fieroman88 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 2:42pm
Can I please get a count on who all is going as we have to
think about food. Members- Spouse- Guest- Kids- Friends.
Members and Spouse are covered. Kids and guests are $5.00
per person.
Fieroman88
redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 8:10pm
I plan on going.
Redwilley
redwilley
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 11:26am
I was just going to say, "might I recommend a batch email from the club server" however now I am not sure if those will still go out.

Glenn in order to get a full count, the message needs to go out on both email lists, hopefully a batch email to the site members. IIRC you are already doing the Craigslist ad's about things so out there too. Then start a tally from all those places.   I will go ahead and change this thread to an announcement on all boards in this forum. That way more people will see it.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 11:33am
Glenn I know you don't have a Facebook account, but I linked to this thread here on the club Facebook site.
West Coast Fiero's Facebook Page
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 12:22pm

Originally posted by Fieroman88 Fieroman88 wrote:

Aldergrove doesn't open till 8AM.

Ah, good point!

Originally posted by Fieroman88 Fieroman88 wrote:

Our best bet would be to meet at Tim Hortons at 152 and #10 and leave promptly at 6:30 crossing at the Truck Crossing at 176. Once across we can head over toward Lynden via "H" street and continue down from there. Suggestions?

Sounds fine to me.

Other suggestions are welcome, especially from anyone familiar with the roads in Washington State.

redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 8:50pm
Tim hortons is also good for me.
Redwilley
redwilley
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2014 at 3:27pm

Okay, this event is now less than a week away.

We need some feedback on the route.

Heck, we need to know who's planning to go!

The only people I know for sure are myself, Maureen, Glenn, and Charles (whom will join us as we pass through Bellingham).

I know Colby wants to go, but it's questionable that his Fiero will be back together in time.

Who else is planning to participate?

Don't be shy... speak up.

Edited by Patrick
Jim85GT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jim85GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2014 at 9:34pm
Hi Patrick, I would vote for the route starting at Langley.
I haven't been on the other route, which one is more
challenging especially if something goes wrong with a car.
Jim
ps. still driving the SVT......Darn
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2014 at 10:17pm

Originally posted by Jim85GT Jim85GT wrote:

I would vote for the route starting at Langley.

Okay Jim, thanks for your "vote".

So do you plan to go to Arlington no matter what... with or without a Fiero to drive?

D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2014 at 10:06am
I won't be able to make it this year

I do suggest getting over the border sooner than later, and heading further inland to the chosen route on the south side so less time is wasted waiting in border line ups.

I just updated the front page to have a link to this thread. (I thought I did it earlier but it didn't save...)
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2014 at 5:14pm
Ok
Sooo are we or aren't we going to Arlington ?????
Looks like---Patrick, Glenn, Maureen, Charles, Jim?, Colby? and ????
Tim Horton's 152nd #10 Surrey ( the usual spot) ?
Meeting time ??      departing at 6:30 am
Crossing what boarder ?
What route ?
Gas up over boarder as usual or ?
Food buy as per group in Arlington ?
Looking forward to some answers.
Thank you
Redwilley
redwilley
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic