Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Year end from the chair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Year end from the chair
    Posted: 27 December 2015 at 10:06pm
Here's wishing you all Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year. As we approach the New Year I must reflect on all the things that happened this year. The loss of a dear and fondly remembered member, Henry, Fierofest, Pacific Performance Pontiac Car Club show, nights at A & W, Johnny's new Fiero as well as the new Solstice, and runs like to Harrison. We approach a time when not only the club is getting old but so are the cars, but looking at them, they're still inspiring to me. Such forward thinking, and a style that some 30 years later, still is fresh, unique, and impressive. I am currently reading a book,a Christmas gift on the inception of the Fiero from when it was nothing more than an idea, and it leaves me with an empty feeling knowing how GM blew it. The car was,and still is ahead of its time in style. Many owners have done the mods that GM should have done, producing unbelievable results. Here's to those adventurers. Others, like myself enjoy the original essence of the stock model, still boldly challenging the road ahead, hugging into a corner on a tight and winding road, and accelerating out in a heart beat. In comparison the Fiero reminds me of a Spitfire or Phantom aeroplane. It may not be the newest but its still formatable and fast.   We are into the winter season, with most of the cars being away other than the ones that are still on the road, such as my 84 coupe. Its my hope that the oncoming new year brings new life into the club, as we have Fierofest again this year, PPPCC show, picnics, runs and A & W nights. We were not able to get a Christmas get together, together, and we will be doing that in January or February just as a get together. Here's hoping to see you all soon, with anticipation of the Summer ahead. We Drive Excitement. Fiero!
Fieroman88
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 2:06pm
Hey!  It's dry outside and I see sunshine.  I think I'll go home (I'm working today) and take the Fiero out for a spin.   

Happy New Year, everybody!   

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic