West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

87 V6 Clutch Issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 4:10pm
Hi Shawnwil
Welcome to the madness.Sounds like you have had a great time with your clutch.other members have had more experance with the Fiero clutch than me, an may chime in,I've worked on my share of clutches,and it sounds like the slave May not be stroking(pushing) far enfugh.thats one,or there is something? Going on with the presser plate,throw out barring.Do you have a Snake cam,a must have,I use one all the time,you can pull a vent plug or drain plug on a gearbox Stick the cam in an take a peek,I would borrow,buy get a cam an do an inspection,clutch and gearbox.you may just
Find your problem.how far is your slave moving,measure it,some one here should no how far is except able.
Good luck

SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
Shawnwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Shawnwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 11:14am

Ok I have finally decided to reach out for help as I am stumped and not sure how to proceed.

Background:

87 SE Notchback
stock V6
5speed Getrag

I have owned my Fiero for about 2+ years now. When I bought it, it had been sitting for many years but I got it home and got it running (long story short). At that time I had to replace the clutch slave and some of the line as it had rusted out. I bought the parts from Rodney Dickman’s site. Replaced the parts and bled the system by myself no problem.

I drove the car off and on as it is a continuing work in progress. This summer it got a lot of use but at the end of the summer (after letting my son use the car one evening) it developed a clutch issue. Actually the clutch works fine it just won't disengage properly. With your foot to the floor it barely disengages.

I noticed that the old master cylinder was rusty and seemed to be seeping around the banjo. I got a replacement from Lordco. Installed it without issue and bled the system as I had done before but this time no go.

For love nor money I cannot get it to work.

Here are the things that I have done\checked

1. Clutch Pedal is higher than brake pedal
2. Banjo is correct orientation (loop is up)
3. Tried 2 person bleed opening and closing bleeder valve.
4. purchased Rodney Dickman one way bleeder valve.
5. Gravity bled the lines
6. Tried clamping slave and gravity bleeding system (this was a difficult procedure not sure if I did the best job)

In all cases when I am done I am left with a little bit of clutch disengagement but still grinds badly or won't go into gear while running. If you put the car in gear while off then start the car the clutch will engage with little movement off the floor with the clutch pedal.

The odd thing is there seems to be a lot of movement in the slave banjo.

I am frustrated because of how easy this was when I originally put in the new slave when I first got the car running.

Any help\thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

Shawn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic