West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking to buy 88GT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote eseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking to buy 88GT
    Posted: 18 October 2018 at 8:04am
I have the opportunity to purchase an original owner 88 GT.  It has a new paint job (original color)  100k miles and seems to be in great condition.  Other than cosmetically, could anyone tell me mechanically any warning signs or what to look for?  What are the most expensive repairs with Fieros?  I have never owned a Fiero and dont really know what to be looking for.  Thanks.
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2018 at 1:50pm
suspension parts are going to be expensive.   The 88 had one off suspension parts.  Only made for that year and Fiero specific.   

You will need to be aware that a car this old will need a lot of care and attention to normal wear and tear parts.   Suspension, clutches (if manual), steering racks, some electronics.     

I probably would not buy a Fiero to be a daily driver.   At this age, they are more hobby cars.   

Good luck. 

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic