Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Complete Cars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Free Stuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Stuff
    Posted: 18 March 2008 at 9:25pm
Ok I have been sitting on an 85SE in my driveway so long my butts getting tired.

The car is about 80% stripped. However their are still a few things that people could use.

Basically I took all the good stuff to try and resurrect my 85GT. I grabbed the body panels, doors, engine/trans. Most of the interior is gone.

Exterior wise, the black roof panel is there. I might save that before it gets crushed, but if someone else needs it, its free.

Most of the front suspension is there. I removed the rack to save it. However springs, control arms, ball joints and such are all still there.

The driver seat is there, the floor carpets are there, the seat belts are there, there are a ton of GM weather pack plugs and light harnesses around the car. The semi busted tilt steering columb is there, and is very tight. It will need a new lock and cover installed.
The best part about it is, ITS FREE.

With a fleet of Fiero's now being used as daily drivers in our house and extended Family I had to save the most common parts so they can be put into stock for fixing our cars.   

The car is leaving no later than this Sunday. So if you want to browse the parts, bring wire snips and tools. Its a free for all before it goes to the crusher.

On a P.S. Note Lisa has found a storage location for Fiero Parts. Its not cheap, but at least its pretty spacious. $1000 per year, however its big enough to store enough parts that we could dismantle 3 parts cars and still have room left over. Its got an upstairs and downstairs to the unit which is kinda nice.

We plan to store body panels, wheels, Tires, Boxes of Sorted switches, sorted engine electronics and harnesses.

The offer will be open to people that want a place to put "long term" storage on things. IE an engine or 2, winter rims and tires. Prices will be set depending on how much you want to store.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
marcelvdgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 11:57pm

Dave ...ill take the front suspension if no one has claimed yet.

including cross member and sway bar,spindles, rotors, if still there..... would like as a complete unit????

let me Know

Marcel

Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
soon to be sleeper 3.8sc 5 speed
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 8:26am

Dave, if you still have CRADLE, I'll take it ?

Thanks and let me know...
John
Johnny-B-Good

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 10:58am
Marcel: Front rotors are already donated to the club grand am thread. The sway bar I was going to keep, but if you come and take the rest of the stuff, you can have the sway bar. (The rest being, upper and lower control arms, springs, cross member and related parts) Minus the rack as previously stated I need it for my 85GT.

Car-2-Lo the engine and Trans is on the cradle at this point. However if you want it and are prepared to help move it around, its yours.     

Edited by Capt Fiero
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 11:46am

Thanks, then at this point, there's no rush for this Sunday's deadline, if not let me know ?
Johnny-B-Good

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 12:17pm
   I would prefer at as quick, as possible, however because it is already pulled it is not in risk of being tossed.

The rest of the parts DO need to go before this weekend. So people will need to be here by Saturday.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
88FormulaFiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88FormulaFiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 4:47pm

Hey Capt Fiero,

Is the antenne mast still there? if so could I have it?

Thanks,

Ryan

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 5:43pm
Yep it is still there. The antenna is gone, however the wire and base are still there.

You can have it, however you must pick it up before the end of this weekend.

I DO NOT SHIP!!!!!

My address is 16908 104th Ave. Surrey B.C. V4N 4N2

Call my cell before you come 604-807-2623 call or text. I am in and out of my place a lot so always call or text first.

As I said, the car is being hauled away for scrape after this weekend, so you must come and get it.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 6:10pm
Is Saturday morning OK for pickup,(will the cradle fit in my van?)
I'll call you then before leaving!

Thanks again

Edited by Car-2-Lo
Johnny-B-Good

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 6:11pm
Yep Saturday Morning will be fine. I don't know how big your van is, so we will have to see when you get here.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88FormulaFiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 10:29pm

Hey Capt Fiero,

The antenna was actually the part I was after, dont really need the other parts, Thanks for the quick response though and offer of free stuff

Thanks,

Ryan

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 11:20pm
Canadian Tire sells replacement antennas that look exact the same as the Fiero stock one, and they are only asking like 10 bucks. So if you want stock, that is your best bet.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88FormulaFiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 2:26pm
ok, thanks for the info
Roadfury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roadfury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 7:10pm
is the upholstry on the drivers seat decent?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2008 at 11:38pm
Not really
But it is an 85 so it has the speakers in the headrest. Get it recovered or use it as a good excuse to by Mr. Mikes. The seat is free so come and haul it away.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2008 at 3:28pm
I found the antenna if you still want it.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
marcelvdgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2008 at 11:49pm

Dave

Thanks for the parts today

theyll go to good use

Marcel

Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
soon to be sleeper 3.8sc 5 speed
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 1:57pm
   Thank You to everybody that helped with this venture. It was sad to see a nice car get stripped but she is now gone.

This is what it started as. It had a blown clutch or transaxle. Were really not sure. But being an 85SE regardless of the fact it had an 85GT body on it. There was just enough value in it to justify saving it. The parts from this car are being used to save about a dozen other Fiero's that might have ended up being scrapped. As well as helped many members do some crazy mods. Like the rear clip is the basis for Clynts wide body and lots of people are doing things with parts from this car. The motor is being saved for when either Lisa or I blow up our 2.8's.   Before anyone asks, yes the NOS switch's, lines and wiring were all saved as the car DID have nitrous on it. Solenoids were stolen when the car was stolen though. :( however I already have replacements on my shelf.

And this is what was left over when it was all said and done.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 3:40pm
Always a sad day to see one of your own leave the nest. Just remember she went out as a trooper sacrificing herself for the betterment of others. 

Did you ever use the nos in the car? How did the 2.8 handle it?
I wanna go fast.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 6:30pm
The previous owner did use the Nitrous in the car I have ran Nitrous on my 85GT. Its a great power adder, and really wakes a V6 up. If you are smart enough to put on a reasonable shot and leave it, then it is great. Make sure you have RPM Window switches in place that won't let the nitrous turn on until at least 2000rpms and will shut it off at 5000rpms. Then make sure that you shift at least 500rpms above the turn off point.

I ran several bottles of nitrous through my 2.9 (bored out 2.8) It wasn't till I took it out to the highway, downshifted to 3rd gear and punched then grabbed 4th gear and punched with the nitrous running Wide Open. I pulled clean past 6000rpms in a 4spd. However I ran the nitrous for such an extended period of time I melted a piston.   

Thats when I decided to toss the V6 and drop in a V8. (well actually I did run one more 2.8 for a short time, then put the V8 in. However I did not use the nitrous on the next V6) Its kinda like a drug, you want more and more and more, until you end up damaging something.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic