West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Engines / Transmissions and Related Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Positive Battery terminal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Positive Battery terminal
    Posted: 02 March 2007 at 3:44pm

My battery terminal looks stripped.  I'm looking for a positive battery terminal and possibly one of those battery kill switches that mount on the battery.

Anybody have one from a parts car?

Thx.

Ken

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 4:37pm

If the battery is stripped out where the threads are you are pretty much out of luck.  In a pinch I have taken a bolt slightly larger and or coarser thread and cross threaded it in. 

Now as for a kill switch.  You can go to either Mopac or even Lordco and ask for a battery disconnect switch.   I prefer the switch design as you can simply flip a large switch to kill the battery instead of threading a knob on and off.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 4:37pm
I know the terminal of the battery is stripped already and will need a new battery, but the thread on the terminal at the end of the cable of the car looks rounded too.   So think I should replace that also.

The disconnect switch is a better idea but I'm not interested in drilling holes in my car to mount it at this time.  I want something that will just screw onto the battery terminal.  

Thanks for the suggestions.

K

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 12:44pm
If you just need the bolt that goes through it, I would hit up a dealer if it is an OEM or Lordco for a new complete end with bolt.  I have changed most of mine to the aftermarket ones as they don't rust like the OEM ones do.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic