FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMeeting Wrap Up Letters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 5:17pm
October meeting wrap up information can be found here, http://www.westcoastfieros.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=212 5&PN=1
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2010 at 8:39am

First off, let me start by extending a sincere thanks to Johnny Boy and Clynt for taking me to and driving me home from the meeting.

Well, today's well-populated meeting was, in all honesty, rather helter-skelter, but still very enjoyable. Although I wasn't present for the pre-meeting socializing, I'm sure there was a whole bunch of interesting things that happened. Probably including ninjas and hippopotami.

However, when I did arrive, I was greeted to the sight of TONS of members. Patrick, Harrison, Damien, David, Maurine, Michelle, Lisa, Colby, John and many, many more were all present and accounted for. Of special note was the number of new members who also populated the meeting. I will allow them to introduce themselves here, but there were quite a few of them.

The main topic of discussion was planning next year's events/runs. There were many proposed, and all were voted upon. During the voting phase, it was also noted that interest in tomorrow's tech session had wained, and thus was postponed indefinitely. Following the official discussion was talk of Colby's suspension issue at the moment, of which the consensus seems to be cradle bushings or rear tie rods.

Last up was a discussion of tools, notably OBD-II scanners, lab scopes and turbo timers. And it was on that note that the meeting came to an end. People slowly trickled out while Patrick managed to chat with the lovely Emily.

And with that, I leave you with Patty as a classy dude:

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:17am

Let me start by first wishing a Merry Christmas to all...

Today's meeting started under the oppressing rainfall. I can safely say that having darted into the club meet at 4:30, most found the rain counter-productive to parking lot chats.

A tidal wave of members rushed in around 5:30, and immeadiately began chatting an setting up. A few more members slowly trickled in during the next hour or so. Once the population had finalized, secret santa began, bringing smiles to a number of members. More gifts were had from the giveaways, in which Harrison found himself in possession of the winning 50/50 ticket (Which officially makes him the richest person in attendance tonight), as well as one of the winners of a door prize, a title he also shared with Patrick and Lynn. Following that was a brief respite for food and drink, courtesy of David and Lisa (Don't forget to thank them, please). The official half of the discussion was similarly quick, effectively miming the discussion of last months meeting, namely, which runs to do, and when to do them, if possible. Patrick also briefly spoke of the Sunshine Coast run, and also felt around to see if anyone was looking to be rid of Ford Taurus alloy rims.

Even after the meeting, everyone stayed and chatted until we were figuratively told to get lost by our lovely waitresses. Which also brings me to the most important event of tonight's meeting: Emily hugged me and not Patrick. NA NA NA NA NA NA NA.

...And to all, a good night.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:03pm

View the entire wrap up thread here.  http://westcoastfieros.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2258

Anyways, today's meeting started under dark pretenses. Johnny Boy was apparently leaving Rambunkshush. David was stepping down as club head. Patrick was being all nyuh, I'm eating with other people. All things considered, an event to be feared. Things didn't pick up much with the attendance of Fieros as of 5:45, with only two present. Eventually more members, and eventually a couple Fieros trickled in.

Perhaps one of the highlight moments, if not the most interesting point of the every meeting this year (Hehe) was that a particular member was in attendance: NIGEL!!! (Sorry to get your hopes up, Marcel). Yes, thanks to the good doctor, and the power of the interwebz, Nigel was chatting to the group through the Doctor's phone, and it's webcam.

Cautiously optimistic, Marcel, Clynt and I proceded to grill Johnny Boy, who conceded he wants to drastically re-style RBS, and shed some pounds (While moving other pounds to more beneficial locations).

With those two bombshells out of the way, we moved inside the club, where Marcel, Clynt and I continued to fear any alterations to the perfection that is RBS. After a little bit of time, we moved on to door prizes, and on his first meeting back in a while, guess who managed to steal a door prize? Yes, for those of you who want/need a reason to hate Marcel, his win-streak continues on. It was just after this that Ken showed up as well.

Once the meeting picked up, we inevitably moved towards club runs and roughly setting times (Typically just the month). What has been verified thus far is: Tech session in April, Tech session in May, possibly a Cinco de Mayo run in May (Duh), Hell's Gate run in May, Possibly a movie/drive-in during June, possibly Duffy Lake in June, I believe Arlington in July, All Pontiac in September, Tech session in October, I believe Chilliwack in November, a Christmas party in December at Fireside, something in January, and a Chocolate Run in February (So grab your Valentine's Gift's, thanks for the idea Michelle!). Other suggestions thrown about involved a year-early end-of-the-world-party, amongst other things. Emily also agreed to come to the Harrison Hot Springs run to go swimming. Ahead of time, I call dibs for her in my car.

The next topic of discussion was a more sombre affair, as David spoke of stepping down as club head. Luckily, that disaster was averted thanks to some club members offering constructive alternatives. It was finally agreed upon that the solution was not David utterly stepping down, but having other members step up to ease the work-load. While I only thought to add meeting reminders to my list, I'd like to thank for taking on club sign-up and meeting set-up, Damien for taking on event co-ordination and the two of them offering to do the speaking when needed, with me being a last resort. Colby was also designated our club "Autocross Go-To Guy".

The club finally finished with a discussion on perhaps doing a club drag-race out at Mission some time, although nothing was particularly solidified.

It was at this point that I continued on to flirting with the adorable Emily, until the last of us had left, in which point the Bergquist's and I decided it was a good time to call it a night as well. The last moment of the meeting may or may not have involved David spinning or not spinning his tires while leaving or not leaving the parking lot. 

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 9:32pm

Today's small meeting was first introduced under a veil of frustration, for anyone caught on the wrong side of the Port Mann, as an absolute grid lock plagued the highway for many miles, reducing the pace to a point where I couldn't sustain first gear.

After fighting my way through that event, I finally made it to the parking lot, where I was in awe of the huge turnout of two Fieros. I parked my own Fiero quietly an slunked in to the restaurant (Of which we will be taking a vote on moving from or staying in a bit). Inside, Patrick and his lady Anne, David and his lady Lisa, Glen et al were hunched over a few tables, further highlighting the relatively low attendance. In some time, Harrison and Damien trickled in, bringing our numbers up to the double digits. From there, socialization seemed to be more common than any organized discussion, as topics such as supercar companies, Lotus' new diet issues, supercharging, ridiculous modifications, carbon fibre vs magnesium rims, belts and inline-fours were discussed, with the official discussion consisting of setting up a Go-Kart run on the 27th (I will let Damien handle the details further, he's far better informed than I). Discussions continued over unimportant things, typically under the umbrella of the automotive industry. Eventually, however, we stumbled on to a question which may have contributed to the abhorrent attendance today: Meeting location. I will be starting a poll in which you, the community, are polled on your opinion of our current location, as well as possible alternatives. Somewhere in there, Patrick won the dinner, a multimeter was stolen by a sexy young gun, a supercharged driving younger member walked away with a brand new notchback Fiero (In 1:24th scale...) and a distinguished member found himself revelling in his winnings. And then, a head-to-head 50/50 battle emerged, between Glen and I. Beads of sweat dripped down our faces as we awaited the numbers that would decide who would be going home a rich man. As the final number was spoken, I jumped up in a flurry of class and collected my $2, effectively breaking even.

And, with that, the meeting died, not with a bang, but with a wimper.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 3:57pm

I apologize for the tardiness of this month's write-up. Shaw had been doing maintenance last night, leaving me without internet.

Arriving almost late to the meeting, I snuck in just as the clock reached it's apex at the bottom of it's revolution. Quickly parking the mama's Jeep (No Gretchin yesterday), I glanced over and embraced the sight of about eight cars, as well as Harrison and his lady making their way in to the parking lot with his 3800-powered Fiero. Stopping to wait for him, we made our way in only to see Robin (Boxin' Robin) pulling in to the parking lot, making his debut meeting.

Arriving in the meeting, I patted myself down only to realize I had a measly $5 on me, which was immediately dropped in to the door prize. Following that, I sauntered over to Clynt and David, to sit down. To be completely honest, I was too deeply entrenched in conversation to notice what else was going on with the club, but I believe aliens and ninjas were involved. And possibly alien-ninjas. I'm awaiting verification on this. Once Robin got in and was canonized, the floor was handed to David.

Preceding the discussions was the Dinner Draw, Door Prizes and 50/50. Ken managed to walk away with the dinner draw, Kevin was seeing dollar signs having picked up the 50/50, and then the battle shifted to the Door Prizes, where all eyes were on a light-up, push-button ignition. And, as the first numbers were announced, I rushed to move nowhere (Being trapped in by Clynt), but never-the-less, declared dibs on the push-button ignition. The room quickly and inevitably turned on me when I announced I would not be putting it in my Fiero, but rather my GMC Sierra (As I need something shiny to break up all the flat black).

Discussions were appropriately short, but effectively the discussion was on people who were commiting to Damien's (Dawg) pulley project. Following that, all focus shifted to Ken to discuss the lauded Fish and Chips run coming up. I will try not to steal the thunder from his thread, but of special note is the run is entirely dependant on the weather. If it is raining, or excessively windy, the run may be postponed to the following Sunday, but please follow his thread to remain informed. Following that, we quickly touch on Arlington, the All Pontiac Show and the Duffy Lake Run, when it was discovered a tech session prior to those events might be beneficial. Nothing is set in stone, date-wise, but Damien made the awesome suggestion of preparing a Fiero-specific checklist of things to check before those huge drives. Last up, it was mentioned there is a gentleman just across the border closing up a large Fiero warehouse of parts. Tito managed to pick up doors, with everything (Door skin, glass, power window motors, etc) for a paltry $20. At this time, the Reno trip (I will allow David to explain it further) was mentioned, as was a local Gumball rally (Again, please refer to the thread on the forums). With the discussion having died down, it was then that everyone headed out, at around 8:00pm.

I stayed behind to chat with David about such serious topics such as nitrous and power curves, although the post-meeting socialization was more brief than normal, possibly spurred by the uninspiring weather. For once, I enjoyed my cruise home, not wondering when my car was going to try and kill me.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2011 at 9:17pm

Well, today's attendence rivalled that of our previous low point of the time since I've been here - 11. Arriving promptly at 5:30, I waited nervously in the parking lot for someone, anyone, to show. At 6:15, Tim rolled in. It is of special note as he was the sole Fiero in attendence. About 15 or 20 minutes later, I recieved a mysterious phone call from a crazed lunatic claiming he could see me. Incidentally, I discovered John (The Doc) in the parking lot as well, and it was decided we'd head inside to avoid the drab weather. Our lovely RedWilley pulled in around this point as well, and the five of us headed inside. From there, a member or two would trickle in, ending with Damien around 7:30(ish).

Official discussions included... Well, nothing. It was more of a social event, although I found myself entrenched in conversations pertaining to superchargers, Ford Foci (Plural of Focus), the border patrol, youthful shenanigans, diabetes, tires and just about everything else that possibly could be discussed. Just as quickly as it began, it was over around 8:30, and the group slowly made their way to the doors.

I apologize for the first picture. The compression of it appears to have removed Damiens face somehow. But I think we all learned a valuable lesson: Damien's face is uncompressable.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 4:45pm

Well, for those of you who missed out on today, but wanted a ridiculous thorough review of what happened - you're in luck.

I got a text at 8am reminding me that I was, in fact, supposed to be several miles away from where I was at the moment - at home. With that, I through on clothes, grabbed my camera, keys and caffeine, and booked it out the door. I whipped over to Langley where I met this guy:

Pictured above: Harrison, in all his blurry glory.

After lending me a walkie-talkie, and introducing me to Antonio, his buddy, we quickly established a couple things, most important of which was that neither of us had a damn clue where we were going. As such, navigational duties would be left to the next gentlemen we were to retrieve. This guy:

Pictured above: Colby. Damn they look ridiculous in that chair.

Deciding to give mother nature the finger, we quickly set about ignoring the speed limits, with Colby leading the charge (Mainly to prevent Harrison and I from getting completely and utterly lost). Having filled up in Abbotsford, I thought nothing of slowing down, then chasing Harrison during particular slow sections, wasting about $20 worth of gas in the process. But, more importantly, I stopped when I heard an unhealthy clunk/bang noise when transitioning from left to right (I don't even want to know what it was). We stopped in a pullout, I rocked Gretchin (I have that effect on the ladies) and failing to find anything, told them to go ahead once again. Luckily, the sound stopped from then on. It would be the last stop until we made it to Hell's Gate.

Those of you with a keen eye might've noticed a couple of drops in the air. This, of course, was not an issue. After all, it was still easy to make out who I was following.

Pictured above: Harrison.

Pictured above: Colby.

Pictured above: ...Colby? Ish?

Pictured above: Harrison. Unaltered picture.

Ok, so that last one might not have happened, but it did generally seem like we were outrunning mother nature herself. When we got to Hell's Gate, both Colby and Harrison drifted (Accidentally) into the parking lot, both realizing three things at the last possible moment: There was a parking lot about five feet away. They were still travelling at highway speed. It was a gravel driveway.

This made for some intense Toyko Drift action as I followed them in. As we hopped out, we realized we had beaten mother nature in a race - those stupid, slow clouds were still a couple kilometres back.

Haha. Stupid clouds. You suck at racing.

We emerged, stretched out our legs, made terrible jokes. You know, awesome young people stuff. We then sauntered across the road to Hell's Gate.

This place.

We all paid our $20 and were told to hold on to our tickets for the ride back up. We took the gondola down while discussing bungie jumping (Stupid bungie jumping) and skydiving (Awesome skydiving) with our gondola-guy. Once at the bottom, we took the necessary "Oh-my-god-that-chair-makes-you-look-ridiculous pictures, waited for nature to catch back up (Damn she was slow), and then went across the bridge to the other side. I convinced the others to walk in to the train tunnel:

Yeah - that couldn't end badly.

We made our way back to the other side and stopped in for a bite to eat, as well as to laugh/revel at the gift shop. Once done, it was decided it would be a great time to head back up. We returned to our cars...

Aww... Arn't they adorable?

...And head back home. After we stopped in for gas, Harrison and I drifted our way across the road (Because, you know, screw tires) and eventually back towards home. We passed through a number of tunnels Ken would've enjoyed:

Pictured above: ...A tunnel?

We saw Colby off back in Abbotsford, and were immediately rewarded for not following the speed limit by being absolutely locked in traffic for about fifteen minutes, before we too finally seperated at Brunette. All in all, an awesome day for a group of four people who's combined age wouldn't have even broken the triple digits.

Pictured above: Immaturity.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:19pm

Meeting wrap up for May 14th 2011

Tristan was oddly absent for the meeting, so I am going to try and brush off my old wrap up writing skills and fire this up.

The meeting was first and foremost a great success with over 30 people at the meeting.  It was very busy indeed.

The main topics were the Arlington run and the All Pontiac show.  Several people handed in there pre registration forms.  So that was great.  Thank you Ken So, Tino Kozljan, Maureen and Harrison Moon. Myself and Lisa Bergquist.

Please read the Arlington thread for the details on that.

Honestly that was the main topics of the night. 

John Craker announced that he had a few of the Engraved Fiero Air Cleaner nuts left for sale.  

We will be doing a Pre-Polish for the All Pontiac Show at Glenn F's house on the Saturday before the show. (Same day as the meeting, so we will do the polish then head to the meeting)

The idea of doing a Tech day for 1 part, IE, one day rebuilding a bunch of Starters, or Alternators or Dist Shafts.  Instead of the random stuff that we do.  

Uhm I think that's it, so here are the pics.

May 14th 2011 West Coast Fiero's Meeting Pics

Click to enlarge image
P1010990
1000 X 750
114 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1010991
1000 X 285
51 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1010992
999 X 331
48 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1010993
1000 X 446
61 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1010994
1000 X 325
61 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1010995
1000 X 581
85 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1010996
1000 X 750
127 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1010997
1000 X 467
76 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1010998
1000 X 750
89 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1020001
1000 X 750
85 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1020002
1000 X 750
82 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1020003
1000 X 750
104 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1020004
1000 X 750
130 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1020005
1000 X 527
81 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1020006
1000 X 469
83 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1020007
1000 X 750
117 KB
Click to enlarge image
P1020009
1000 X 638
67 KB

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2011 at 10:57pm

Well, using the Jeep, I snuck my way in to the meeting at 6:00pm. A whole slew of Fieros was already in attendance, and there would be more to come later. Everyone stayed out front for quite some time, until heading inside (Except Harrison, who had to be somewhere, and thus left).

Once inside, things were relatively short, with a quick reminder of the All Pontiac Show tomorrow, and a brief recap of the Arlington trip. We also brought up the changes to the Whistler trip, which can be viewed in it's own thread. Following those quick discussions, things switched over to the prizes, where this boy managed to eke out a win in the 50/50 and dinner draw, while three other members took home door prizes (A coil-over cup holder, five litres of Castrol Syntec and... I forgot the last, to be honest). Despite the extremely short discussion, everyone remained inside chatting. During the evening, we managed to pick up a few more members, including Steve (Also known as Medic, the gentleman who own's the black Northstar-powered Fiero). After an extremely long time, the last of us made our way outside.

There the socialization continued, with a large congregation around Steve's awesome new toy. Everyone stayed for various lengths, with the last of us finally letting Steve leave towards 8:30. Eventually I left a little bit after that, enduring the long, boring drive home in the completely uninspiring Jeep.

Meeting pics can be seen here.

http://www.westcoastfieros.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=250 5

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2011 at 10:38pm

For the third month in a row I have attended without Gretchin. I do believe that is some sort of record of some kind.

Anyways, Patrick pulled up to my place about 5:00, and we made great pace to meet, hoping to be early enough to get some socialization in before the 6:00 start time. When we pulled in the lot, there was not a single Fiero, an attendance that remained consistent up until about 5:45, where our newest members Peter and Pat pulled up. After introducing ourselves, Damien was there shortly after, and then the floodgates opened and a whole plethora of Fieros arrived.

Unfortunately, this was also about 6:05, so the meeting started a touch late as well stayed out to chat with one another and admire eachother's vehicles. Patrick also tried to ask if anyone, had properly aimed headlights, as his needed to be aligned. Unlike most days, the group wandered it bit by bit, rather than our usual wave of members. Anyways, we all settled in and things were rather slow to begin inside as well.

Starting first with the draws, Peter drew won his first dinner draw on his first day, I managed to take the 50/50 and a Door Prize (Blinky shift knob) and Harrison nudged out Patty for a 3/8" Ratchet (Young guys are just better in every concievable way, I guess is what I'm saying). =P

After that, Mr Patrick took the floor, first introducing our newest members. Then he discussed... Um... Something, don't really remember off-hand. We then moved on to a comparison of pre-88 to '88 Fieros at Aircare, at which the '88 is twice as strict at driving tests, and up to five times as strict at idle. Yeah, have fun trying to pass, tip of the day: Swap VINs if you own an '88.

He then continued rambling on about Gary's rear sway - I mean Patrick's sway bar. Following that was a auto-cross interview between Colby and Harrison (With Colby throwing down against Harrison) and another shameless self-promotion of us trying to get more autocross drivers. We ended with a brief reminder of both the July 30th autocross event (Corvette Club) and the Whistler Run on the 31st.

Things then went back outside, where Harrison went to fix his vacuum leak (Which sadly ended up evading his repair attempts) while David and team Colby tried to chase down his pesky rich/lean issue using the scan-tool. While this went on, Patrick and I argued about various things, and said goodbye to Harrison as he headed back home. We then sauntered over to Colby's car, but I missed the final consensus, one of them will have to post. At this point David headed home, and Gary instructed me to place money on the ground, near his tire.

Confused but curious, I did as he and he told Patrick to note where his headlights were, then left. As Patrick quickly fiddled with his lights, he got them spot on and we raced back home in time to run in to a mass of unmoving traffic.

And on that bombshell, we say goodnight.

Graeme View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 9:17pm

Apologies for the significant delay, I was really tired last night, and just woke up today.

Anyways, Patrick picked me up at 5:00(ish) and we made our way over to the meeting, unburdened by traffic of any kind. We made our way in to the parking lot, meeting two other Fieros. We must've just missed the Langley Cruise-In, as within seconds of us arriving, Fieros came out en masse filling up the lot in no time. A Cadillac STS and BMW X3 also arrived carrying WCF cargo in the form of Harrison, Johnny Boy and Clynt.

As Maureen and David began recalling all the events of the Cruise-In earlier that day, other members congregated together to discuss other affairs, such as Brian's awful parking job.

Of course, after quite a while of this, we made our way inside the restaurant. The meeting was a large gathering, with members lining the room corner to corner. With a long time of useless chit-chat from the parking lot fresh in mind, the club did the only logical thing and carried on doing so inside. Eventually, the draws were held by David, with the dinner draw being won by himself (RIGGED!), and a couple of the prizes donated by Ken being carnivorously snatched up by Harrison and I (Thank you again, Ken!)

Following that, the club discussion commenced in its official role, starting with Patrick and Johnny Boy's (Sort've) wheel spacers, with the two gentlemen taking up opposing views on their opinion of them (The former quite liking them, and the latter expressing concern about their durability). We also passed around and eyed up the lovely trophy and plaque we had (With the big trophy courtesy of Ken, and his wonderfully stock '85). The club then brought up the Iona Park run today, which was ultimately shot down due simply to a lack of warning, and thus, attendance. Mauree also brought up a problem which has plagued our runs many times before: Changing plans without alerting the entirety of the club, leaving many members stranded and isolated. Ken suggested simply following the plans to the letter, with no "last-minute corrections" in place to isolate anyone who wouldn't be there to hear. Finally, I brought up the fact that Dan Watt has a Corvette Rack conversion for the Fiero available, a fact which seem to elicit interest from David, Johnny and especially Brian.

We ended by deciding to head down to the remnents of the Cruise-In, where Maureen, David, Patrick, Harrison, Arun, Lisa, Ryan and I decided it would be worth the commute despite being largely finished by now. After getting lost a couple of times, we ended up at the one corner, where we stayed for quite a while. One by one, we slowly trickled away, although we also gained a member (Manny, in his blue fastback) at one point. Eventually, with all other members gone, Patrick decided it was time to head off as well. I got home around 10:15 and decided that the write-up could wait until today. You know, to build suspense.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 9:53pm

ATTENTION MEMBERS

If you're reading this, could you please go and vote in the new Poll on how to manage the front page.

Thank you very much for taking a moment to improve the club.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2011 at 1:21am

Alright, well, the poll has been finalized, and option #2 won by a landslide. So, as soon as I can get it set up, the front page will consist of an abbreviated list of events, with the next upcoming event being highlighted and described for easy reference.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote!

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 7:56pm
Will be Updated Soon.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2013 at 10:02pm
Alright, after many long months, a proper meeting, with door prizes, minutes, and important topics discussed!

6 Fieros showed up, including Joe’s white GT (arctic-1 on here) and a new member’s silver ’84 – Roger.
Glenn, Maureen, Ken and I were the rest of the Fieros.

We discussed the issue of this year’s dues, only 3 of us had payed them, and there wasn’t really a whole lot happening this year, we decided to roll those over into next years dues. The dues are still going be left at $30.
Meetings will stay at the usual Ricky’s for the time being, rotating locations are too complicated to keep track of, and everyone (at least those who showed up) figured it is the best option right now.

We talked about the All Pontiac show in June, we had a pretty weak turnout of only 4 cars this year, and with 6 prizes for us, that wasn’t too good, so it looks like there will just be a single Fiero class next year, hopefully they won’t roll us into a more general class.

We will have to redo our club cards, since they all still have Dave’s contact info on them, and they could use some updating anyway.

Hopefully as we get things back on track, we can have more events and runs for 2014, maybe even some tech sessions or 2.
I will try to get some more Lordco cards for the club next time I am there, since we are all out. We also have a Napa account, but we are all out of cards for that as well, so will need to get some more.

Ken has planned a run to Harrison Hot Springs at the end of October, so hopefully we can get a decent showing of Fieros before many of them get tucked away for the winter.
More info here.

I didn’t take any pictures, but here are some courtesy of John and Ken:

[/QUOTE]

Edited by D_sensitized
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2014 at 9:37pm
Our next meeting is saturday february 8th at 6pm
Ricky's all day grill in Langley on 204th just off 88th north of Hwy 1

January's wrap up letter:

First meeting of the year!

Looks like things are off to a good start for 2014, with lots of Fieros in attendance at the meeting, and even more people.
A couple pictures to start this off:

And a few words from Glenn:

Well the meeting started with some nice weather outside
and more that the usual number of Fieros there.
Attendance was good and the meeting started about 7:10
with the opening announcement of the 2014 season.
Honorary membership was given to Captain Fiero (Dave) and
Fiero Chick (Lisa) for the years of service to the club
and for which if it wasn't for them the club wouldn't
exist in this form. Dave and Lisa were attending. We
enjoyed the company of a new attendee Jordan and his Gold
GT with flush mounted headlights. Nice!! Hope to see you
again. Discussion about dues and that they are due by the
end of March, but will stay the same at $30.00. We
discussed that we are going to be participating in a lot
more this year and that we are going to be more involved
with attending other club functions. We had Patrick
discuss the Auto Cross events and he gave a great and
exuberant portrayal of the events that surround the Auto
Cross events. Something this driver is looking forward to
trying as Patrick and others rest assured fears of
potential damage to one's prize possession. It was
wonderful to see members out who haven't been there for
awhile and I feel that we are out of the gate at a good
start. Discussions regarding Arlington, The All Pontiac
Show, and runs were talked about.
All in all a good meeting with members staying after the
1 hour meeting to enjoy conversation with others. Many
thanks to all who attended and looking forward to a warm
and event filled Summer.

Some other things mentioned were possibly moving some meetings to the west side of the Port Mann, to make it more convenient for members on that side to attend the meetings without having to go so far/pay the toll.
We also discussed the idea of having less formal meetups as well in parks or other such places when the weather is nice and as a good excuse to go for a cruise in our Fieros.

In the meeting thread here the idea of setting up a camera and live streaming the meetings online so that those who do not live in the lower mainland and take part in the meetings. We will see what comes of this idea in the months to come.
A few more pictures:

See you next month!

Edited by D_sensitized
-Harrison
Chilliwack
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2014 at 1:50pm
Our next meeting is March 8th, 2014.

It was the second meeting of 2014 and attendance was good. Starting at 7:02, the financial report was read and new guests were introduced Don McRae and Gabby. Welcoming back after a long absence was Tino and Tristan. Therefore attending were Tino, Patrick, Colby,Gary J. Jordan, Don McRae, Daniel, Jim, Tristan, Glenn, Henry, Clynt, John Carlo, and Gabby (Guest of Johns). Welcome to Don McRae attending his first meeting and bringing good suggestions and opinions to the floor. Welcome to Gabby a friend from Winnipeg. Well it's February and we are all looking forward to a warm, event filled Summer.

Opening the meeting, a Thank You to John Carlo for pictures and posting of those pictures to the web site. Well done. Tristan let us know that Gretchen is still not well but hopes to attend sometime soon after having a temper tantrum (blowing up) on the Arlington run.(Gretchen is his car) Good luck with that Tristan. Discussions opened with letting members know that a meet with Kent Roberts recently from the Pontiac Club went well and we are hoping to get together with them during the Summer on a run or event. Also, contact was made with Jet City Fieros but no info regarding Arlington as of yet. Suggested to J.C. Fieros was a get together mid way for a picnic or car show at an auto related store but nothing to report as of yet.

Addressed was the proposal for a 4 draw per year rather than the 12 draw (currently on hold) to renew interest and promote events, along with 2 expense paid picnics for members. Patrick spoke on pros and cons of that suggestion, outlining benefits of a 12 draw scenario and getting discussions moving, pointing out the idea is to get members to attend meetings. Good Job Patrick! We need members to speak up.

Don McRae spoke from past history with car clubs on ways to facilitate promotion of the club and suggested a liaison to communicate within the club as well. Thank you Don. There was certainly some good ideas now hitting the floor, including making the draws convertible to "Club Dollars" to use at an event or picnic.

We discussed that "Polls" on the website seldom get significant results to make informed decisions, therefore a poll wouldn't be a good way of resolving this question.

There was a proposal for an April 26 or 27 run starting at the New West Pool ( which has a big parking lot ) to Stanley Park which gives a good start point to those on the west side of the Port Mann Bridge. Suggestions making that run to Britannia Mines rather than Stanley Park is a good suggestion, as this would be a stronger destination point, a bit longer a run, and less for parking. Don brought attention to the floor that the Mustang Club meets at the lot across from the New West Pool, therefore contact will be made with them to see if they may be interested in a hello or get together. Again discussions were mixed on roaming meetings as the bridge toll weighs heavy on some minds and pocket books, however belief is that a couple of open air meeting in well thought out spots, will benefit the clubs exposure and help attendance for those old and new members in the local Vancouver area. The meeting wrapped up at 7:53. Thank you to all who attended and thanks again for the thoughts and suggestions. Please remember the club is about the members, and the members are who bring direction to the route it travels.

Edited by D_sensitized
-Harrison
Chilliwack
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2014 at 6:39pm
Our next meeting is saturday, April 12th

Well, March 8th meeting was a far cry from the last, as
hardly anyone showed up. Could it be because dues are
due????
Attending was Dave ( Capt. Fiero), Jim McHollister,
Harrison Moon and Glenn Atchison (chair) Opening minutes
though informal,was to read the financial report.
Discussions were around April run to Britannia Mines,
limiting members who are not in good standing with the
club, Arlington meet, Club Picnics and Horse Power vs
performance parts.
Discussion about: Members who attend meeting are members.
Right? So what is the club, if not provided for by its
members. Those attending should want to be part of the
Fiero Club so a mere $30.00 dues should be nothing.
Considering what you get. Most clubs give you nothing.
Oh by the way the bonus draw was done. This used to be
the old dinner draw. Those who have paid their dues and
have attended 2 meeting between the first quarter (Jan –
Mar), their names were written on tickets and drawn by a
independent attendee (waitress). Those eligible were John
Carlo, Harrison Moon, Danial Vandekamp, Jim McHollister
and Glenn Atchison The winner was Jim McHollister who won
$20.00 Congratulations Jim. ( Gotta watch this guy he
wins all the time)
So anyways there was a small get together and I certainly
hope that as we proceed into Summer we get more
attendees.
Revisions being as follows:
So as it stands now, you may attend two meetings per year
without paying dues, all others need to pay up. If you
are not interested in the club, the runs and the
benefits,don't pay, don't attend, And we'll see you two
times per year, and you don't get the free stuff at the
picnics, or Arlington. The club is about you!
Talked to Fiero Dave from Jet City and yes, Arlington is
on June 7th and we are all looking forward to it.
Discussions regarding a show and shine maybe midway
between Seattle and Vancouver are ongoing with a hope
that it comes about. Talked to Kent Roberts from the
Pontiac Club and it is our hope that they may consider
the run to Britannia Mines.
Anyway, summation is Dues are due next meeting please.
Please advise me who is attending the Run on the 27th
Sunday to Britannia Mines and the entry fee or that is
due April meeting. Hope ya all come back now hear !

-Glenn
-Harrison
Chilliwack
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2014 at 11:29am
Our next event is saturday June 7th - Arlington Fiero Picnichere

The PPPCC all pontiac show and shine is the following day, sunday June 8th, at cascades casino in Langley.
info here

April 12 brought our fourth meeting of 2014, there was a good crowd of 17 or so, and 6 fieros showed up. There was a lot of discussion about upcoming events and the club in general.
First, some pictures courtesy of Ken:

There was a good crowd and the meeting started at approximately 7 p.m. Treasure's report was read and discussions around upcoming events, such as the April 27th run to Britannia Mine, (see below) Arlington, and a club picnic.
Some dues were paid, and the reminder was mentioned regarding dues for next meeting.
Also brought to the floor was the current situation regarding the website. It has been agreed by the membership to have Colby overhaul and maintain the website with help from Damien. The members would like to thank Graham for all his diligent work over the years; we would like to extend our deepest appreciation for all that he has done.

It was also mentioned that the Pacific Performance Pontiac Car Clubs 26th annual show and shine will be June 8 and those wishing to attend should contact them through the PPPCC website. (entry forms will be at the next meeting. )

It was also decided that meetings occurring on long weekends, will now be held on the following weekend, as attendance is generally weak as people are often away., although there are no long weekend meetings in 2014.
Again discussed was the BC Corvette Club's driving skills event coming on May 10th. It is suggested that those wishing to attend have payment into the Corvette Club prior to May 8th. (please see the posted thread here). Those wishing to pay on the attending day will pay a premium, additional $5 according to the thread. Thank you to Patrick for keeping us up to date with this information. This should be a must for anyone owning a Fiero as it will strongly assist you with the understanding of the capabilities of your car.

Regarding the April 27th run to Britannia Mine, we will be meeting at 10:30 a.m. in the parking lot of the Canada Games pool in New Westminister, and will be leaving promptly at 11 o'clock. Please note: bring a lunch with you as we will probably stopping at Porteau Cove for lunch. GMRS radios are required, there will be some loaners for anyone who does not own a GMRS radio.
I would also like to thank Brice for attending, and hope to see you again.

And if anyone is wondering how late we can hang out in the parking lot after the meeting, as the last 2 of us found out, hotel security will ask you to leave around 11.

Edited by D_sensitized
-Harrison
Chilliwack
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic