West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

11.25 brake upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ron Philipchalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 11.25 brake upgrade
    Posted: 23 September 2008 at 10:44am
Has anyone done the 11.25" (le Baron) brake upgrade?  I'm halfway through (done the rears) and I have a couple of questions.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 11:08am
I know a couple of have looked into it, but to date, I have not seen a completed setup. So I hope you are taking lots of pics. I must get at least a call a week on my cell people asking about the Lebaron / Cadillac brake upgrades.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 11:11am
I second that of the Capt...I hope to do the same upgrade in the Spring, if you could post details, parts list, etc...that would be great for most of us...I know there is lots of info on PFF but nothing dedicated/detailed, this would be great for our club.
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 11:23am
Hey Ron, I have had a small stack of these kicking around for about 8 years now. They are a bit dirty from sitting in the garage all this, but drop me your snail mail address and I will send them your way.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 11:27am
Nice car...looks familiar:)...lol

Edited by Bassman
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Ron Philipchalk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ron Philipchalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 11:44am
Capt:
My snail mail address is 22757 76B Crescent
Langley
V1M 2J8

Thanks!

Ron
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 11:51am
Back in the very early days of the club, we had an associate member that had a Wax Jet printer and was making custom cards for members. The car used in the logo was found on the internet in the late 90's. I think it is the same on that PFF used for some time as well.

Ron I will try to get them in the mail this afternoon for you.

David
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
fourpoint9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fourpoint9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 2:26pm
Ron, 
I've done the 11.25 brake upgrade.  I started with Archie's kit and have a parts list.   What issues are you having?  E brake ?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2008 at 10:26pm
Hey Steve you want to post some pics of your swap. I know you took pics at every step of your awesome car build. P.S. got any videos of your dyno day.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Ron Philipchalk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ron Philipchalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 12:00pm
I have the ebrake working OK.  I have 2 questions:  1. How do the brakes get adjusted?  It doesn't seem to be the same method as the original (working the ebrake).  I have a fair amount of pedal travel.  This may be related to the second question: 2.  Which master cylinder should I use?  (I haven't changed mine yet.)  The PF thread talks about a 1.125 bore but all the ones I checked at the wreckers are 1.25 (also in the NAPA book).  Also, the PF thread also talks about putting on a bigger booster.  Is this a good idea?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic