West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Complete Cars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fs: Parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote hangmans8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fs: Parts
    Posted: 07 November 2008 at 6:27am
I have a 86 gt, 4spd with black ext. 
int is mostly garbage!
the car is complete so name the part you need and i will see if i don't need it
i'm just selling parts for it!
Cheap because i have limited room.
1987 gt 5spd
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2008 at 11:13am

I might be interested in the nose, but I'm a little concerned that there appears to be an "extra" silver stripe running above the usual GT trim.

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2008 at 11:38am
Well if one of the seats is bad enough that you are going to trash it, let me know. I need it for my desk chair. I mad a plate that goes over a swivel office stand, that lets me bolt Fiero seats to it. I am currently using my passanger seat from my V8 car and will need to put that back in my car, so I am on the hunt for another seat. Doesn't matter if its torn or not, as Im just going to put a seat cover over it.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
hangmans8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hangmans8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2008 at 9:03am
the main stuff i need is to do with the engine ans cradle but not tranny.
And any option my car doesn't have(power mirrors, locks and a few trim peices.  EVERYTHING MOST GO!
1987 gt 5spd
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2008 at 9:18am
Did the car have cruise and did it have A/C?
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
hangmans8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hangmans8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2008 at 1:29pm
not sure!
i looked at it for all of 5 seconds!
1987 gt 5spd
hangmans8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hangmans8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 8:09am
If anyone wants to help or needs parts come one by.  i will be stripping the car from dawn to dusk.  It will be a strip-a-thon . i would like to have it striped in a day.  If anyone needs parts they will be cheap.
my back yard shop address is 24407-52ave in langley. Off of 248, when you come down 52ave turn right on 244th and you will see a long hedge, there is a gate half way down with fiero's in the driveway.  and if you just want to bs come on down. tuesday tuesday come out for stripathon 2008
thanks Phil

Edited by hangmans8
1987 gt 5spd
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 9:53am
You must be right around the corner from Blair, he is like 240st and I think 40th ave.   We do a great deal of Tech sessions at his place.

If I was not busy working on Pauls 86GT I would be right over.   

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2008 at 11:33am
Give me a call on my cell, 604-807-2623 I have a partial list of parts that I need.

Vacuum canister

Both lower fuel lines (the lines that go from fuel filter to hard line and the one that goes from fuel tank return to the hard line.

Heater hose that goes from firewall to Filler Cap on engine (even bad shape is fine, just so I can take it to Lordco to match up the correct hose.

Lower Torque strut mount bolts and bracket. Goes from engine to cradle just below the oil filter.

E-Brake adjuster on rear of cradle

I am sure there are other parts that we need too, but those and the ones that I can think of off the top of my head.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
hangmans8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hangmans8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 7:29am
Today is strip-a-thon day!
if anyone wants anything or just bs stop by.
the shop will be nice and warm.
if you need directions call 604-856-7108 talk to the nice lady.  th ephone doesn't work in the shop!

David i will call later
1987 gt 5spd
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 9:28am
I have to meet my wife (Lisa) for lunch from 11-Noon, in Port Kells, but I will come out after that.   

Should I bring tools?
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 7:23pm
Well what a day, what started as a complete 86GT resulted in this after just a few hours.

Aside from a spider bit to my hand, everything came apart really well. The car was just about infested in spider nests. Small white/yellow coloured buggers.   I went there with the intention of getting just 2 fuel lines and one ebrake bracket, I ended up adopting the black fastback clip, (minus the tail lights and deck lid.) The seats and a few odds and ends.

It was a fun evening. To bad many people were not able to show up. It was just the 3 of us, Patrick, Hangman8 and myself. Oh and Hangman8's dad.

Although I had a lot of knowledge to offer pulling most of the car apart, when it came down to the fastback clip, I had no idea, I have never removed a fastback clip in my life.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 12:17am

Oh, great shot of me! 

Next time I'm taking Dave's picture!

I should take this opportunity to thank Phil (hangmans8) for having Dave and I over. I quite enjoyed being part of this adventure, seeing a GT get stripped down to the frame in less than a day. Phil's parents were very hospitable as well, and I can tell that in a very short time, Phil's son will soon be swinging a wrench!

hangmans8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hangmans8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 7:12am
$32.03 in change in center console!

1987 gt 5spd
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 8:18am
It was a lot of fun and I actully forgot to give a huge Thank You for having us out.

Idiot me, just as I was falling asleep last night, I rememberd I left the pale of parts there. I'll come by Friday with the trailer and pick it up. What time is a good time to come out their.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 6:01pm

What are you doing with the empty body? Any plans to sell it cheap?

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 8:30pm

Well I took the Rear Fastback Clip, Rear Bumper, Broken Taillights, Seats and a few other misc odds and ends.

I think Patric got the nose, there is not much left of the body. 

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 9:08pm

Yes, I got the nose and I believe Phil (hangmans8) is keeping the rest of the body panels as spares. The actual frame was to be hauled away and crushed.

If you want the frame Romeo, you better contact Phil sooner rather than later! (It might already be gone.)

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 10:27pm
Oh, I might! Time to fire up the old pickup. And who's Phil (sorry I'm new here)?
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2008 at 10:29pm
Sorry to double post, but I were to make my own fibreglass bodypanels and then attatch them to the frame, would that be legal in BC?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic