West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Complete Cars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

84 with 78,000km. Vancouver BC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote phillipbeynon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 84 with 78,000km. Vancouver BC
    Posted: 04 December 2008 at 9:53pm
Although I this car, the motor is dead and I don't have the cash to rebuild it.
Everything but the engine is currently intact and in working order including: a recently replaced high output alternator, brand new heater core, headlight motors, 4.10 ratio 4 speed manual transmission, sunroof, interior, hood badge, glass sail panels, electric trunk release hardware, etc.

History
Jax is the previous owner. We are both involved with FreeGeek.
The car had a blown head gasket when Jax bought it and it was burning coolant. He pulled the top end of the engine off, but one of the head bolts broke off in the block. He found someone to remove the bolt, but they did so while he was moving so he didn't get to put the engine back together right away. When he came back to it he found the plastic covering the engine had ripped, pouring rain water into the exposed cylinders and rusting everything out.

Intact car: no parts removed.

The buyer who agreed to purchase it didn't follow through. Anyone else who would like to come over and purchase it is welcome to call, I'm willing to accept other bids. The Vehicle is currently located on W 3rd in Kits, and I live at 56 Merrivale St In New West

Call 604 690 3290

Parts (Removed by buyer):
Seats: For both. Bid: $200
Seats: For passenger's side only. Bid: $140
They are in good condition despite some moulding there is no discolouration, foam is intact, material is intact. no cracks in leather. They are grey with a blue vertical stripe up the center. Each has built in stereo speakers. Bid on one or both.
Sail panels: For both. Tinted glass, not plastic like other models.Bid $70
Center console: Bid: $20
Heater Surround: $20
Tires (all 4) Some tread still left. No noticeable leaks.
Left Head light motor:
Right Head light motor:
Both headlight assemblies: Bid $50
Gages and dash parts: Bid $30
Molding around middle heating vents:
fuel pump:
Space frame:
Front right body panel: Bid $20
Sunroof and associated parts:

Bring your own tools.

PM, IM, or email me with the part you're interested in and make me an offer please. All offers will be considered.

More pics New pics added!
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 10:00pm
WOW, Lisa just brough this to my attention on Craigslist.   I would be interested in if it is a 4spd or an Auto.  If it is a 4spd, how high were the revs at say 120kph.  Really high like the engine was going to expload or lower like 2300 or so.   I know of at least one person in dire nead of headlight motors.  Those seats look to be in good shape as well.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
johnking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote johnking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 11:03pm

i could use the fuel pump lol, but i'll never get there lol

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 11:20pm
Oh, how much for the right headlight motor? Mine's as dead as the Canuck's play-off chances...
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 11:24pm

Dave, we knew Phillip as Jax184 at PFF. I had posted about his earlier ad at Craigslist Here.

Phillip, are you still involved with Free Geek Vancouver?

marcelvdgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 11:40pm

Phil

what do you want for the whole car.

Marcel

pm  me if you want or post here

Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
soon to be sleeper 3.8sc 5 speed
Jayman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 11:46am
Where is the car located? I'm interested in the whole car. Call me at 604-534-4758 ask for J
Project on pause due to a sick Jeep.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 8:07pm

Originally posted by phillipbeynon phillipbeynon wrote:

20081205 UPDATE
Jax is the previous owner. We are both involved with FreeGeek.

PM, IM, or email me with the part you're interested in and make me an offer please. I'd concider ~50% of retail resonable if you remove it yourself.   I will accept offers for the entire car. Parts will be shipped at cost. 

Whomever currently owns it, I knew this was the same Fiero that Jax was trying to sell during the summer.

No offence Phillip, but if you are selling this Fiero (and/or parts off of it), why is the car advertised under "Free Stuff" at Craigslist?

Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

No offence Phillip, but if you are selling this Fiero (and/or parts off of it), why is the car advertised under "Free Stuff" at Craigslist?

I was also somewhat confused why people were offering him money when he advertised the whole car for free. I just figured it was a good'ol fashioned bidding war! Over a Fiero... an 84... that doesn't run... on second thought. Post it for $2500 on CL!

Also, 50% of retail? That is a 24 year old car son and this is a club. Anyway, good luck with your sale and I hope you are flexible on your prices, considering you're parting out a free 24 year old car at discounted nos prices.

I wanna go fast.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 12:46am
Well I see it has a 4.10 4spd which rules it out for anything for me. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
phillipbeynon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote phillipbeynon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 1:29am
The craigslist add was posted to ensure that as much of the car as posibble ends up being reused rather than scapped. Once everyone has had a fair chance to bid on the car or on indevidual parts, the rest is free to anyone wishing to strip it.
fiero052 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fiero052 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 9:52pm
if the pictures are current, this is a very nice looking car. would be a shame to see it parted out just because the engine is dead. if your deal falls through i would be interested. Glenn .  604 202 5682
Glenn
JosephElite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JosephElite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2008 at 11:50pm
Hey Phil. I saw your blogs. Is That car yours? Is it still available today? Let's talk on skype. I added you to my skype.

Think About the Environment:Vancouver Computer Recycling
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic