Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Fiero Shows
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Northwest Fiero Fest Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Northwest Fiero Fest Info
    Posted: 16 April 2009 at 10:12pm

Sent: April-16-09 9:28 PM
To: helmet@raceme.cc
Subject: 2009 Northwest Fiero Festival Update

Greetings from Northwest Fierofest!  Planning is well underway for this years’ Northwest Fierofest.  Once again we will meet in Richland Washington for the Fiero car show and lots of fun and fellowship.  Come see a great lineup of cars and meet with friends from past years and new participants.  The dates are August 7th and 8th and we will again be at the Shilo Inn for our headquarters hotel. To register, go to www.nwfierofest.com.   There is a $20 discount for early registration if paid before July 14th 2009.  There you can also check out the schedule, the judging sheets and other information about the weekend.  Also, call the Shilo Inn to make your reservation.  They expect to sell out the rooms on that weekend and we only have so many rooms contracted for us.  Remember, it doesn’t cost anything to make your reservation, so do it today.  Call them at 509-946-4661 and be sure to tell them you are with the Northwest Fiero Club.

I hope to see you in Richland in August.

Art Heindselman

President

Northwest Fierofest

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
helmet1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote helmet1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2009 at 8:52am

Hi guys...

Thank you David for getting this forum setup for us!

I think you guys have the most active Fiero club in the Northwest :)

Hopefully the gas prices stay low and the US $ to Canadian $ exchange rates stay reasonable so we can have a bunch of you join us this summer.

Be sure to check out http://www.nwfierofest.com for all the details on this show. This will be the 10th year for this show and we're hoping for a huge turnout!

fourpoint9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fourpoint9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 3:15pm
It's getting close to Fest time. 

Click here for the Pennock's thread

Anyone from WCFs going?

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 11:35am
I notice the 2011 information is up as of June.

http://www.nwfierofest.com/

It's on the weekend of Aug 12 to 14.

I'm going to sign up. This is one of the things I had planned to attend at least once before I die.   Anybody else going?

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2011 at 1:05pm
I noticed from the 2009 pictures that all the Fieros there are either fully restored show cars or garage queens.

I'm thinking my car will be the filthiest one there for the show n shine.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 9:15pm
I'm registered and hotel booked.
If you plan on going, and plan to stay at the host hotel, the rates are all over
the place. The group rate on the NWFiero site says $77 but when I entered
the code to book the hotel, the rate was $89.   The AAA (BCAA) rate is $81.
The hotel was kind enough to match the Expedia rate of $76 USD which
worked out to $74CDN. Regular price for a room can get to $125USD.

From Pennock's, it sounds like there may be a Canadian contingent there as
a couple of Fieros from Calgary have expressed interest in going.   

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 11:36am
I wonder if it's a practical day trip?  It would be fun for sure.

The Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2011 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Dawg Dawg wrote:

I wonder if it's a practical day trip?  It would be fun for sure.The Dawg

It's a 5 1/2 hour drive each way according to Google Maps.   So yah...it can be done.   

One of the MINI clubs have done a drive to Portland, attend a car show and head back to Vancouver at night. However, I don't think I will be doing this as a day trip. However, my Fiero being a bit older and my body also being older, I will take my time and do this over a few days.

redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2011 at 6:26pm

This sounds like it could be fun,especially if there are a few of us lucky enough to have the time off work etc to go. I'm considering going, have requested time off work so if others interested I'm willing.

redwilley

redwilley
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2011 at 9:49pm
On Pennock's, there's somebody registered from Calgary so there will be at least one other Canadian car there. It would be great to meet up with folk from other states and provinces.   

If others want to join in, I would be more than happy to organize a meet up and WCF convoy down together.    

redwilley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 6:53pm

I've registered with the Fiero club and hotel,so I'm very happy to say my guy and I will be going. Really looking forward to this event. Anyone else coming? Aug 12,13,14.

redwilley

redwilley
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 9:49pm
I wonder if there is any way I can talk the wife into going and "gasp" leave Arianna with Grandma for those days.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2011 at 12:01am
Redwiley and I will talk about driving down together and picking a route.

Anybody else interested in joining us? We'll have to pick a time a place, perhaps over coffee or lunch or something.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 11:11pm
Let's meet at 8:30pm on Thursday evening at the Starbucks at Cloverdale
Crossing. That's at the shopping plaza at 64th Ave and 178th.

I'm estimating that's midway between Redwilley's place and mine.

Please email me at beken@westcoastfieros.com to confirm by 8:00pm on
Thursday, August 4th.

Anybody else who just want to show up, drink coffee or tea and shoot the
breeze, please feel free to show up.    

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 11:29pm
A plan has been devised. Those wanting to go for a drive part way with us (redwilly and me) are welcome to join up and we can have a club cruise.

Date: Friday - August 12
Time: 6:30am
Meet at: Tim Hortons at 152nd and Hwy 10.   The same place we meet up for our Arlington drive.

Cross the border at the Pacific Hwy (aka the truck crossing) Crossing at approx 7:00am.

Breakfast at Denny's off I-5 just past Custer WA.

After breakfast, head down I-5 to Everett and take Highway 2 East. We will stop for gas, breaks, photo ops as necessary. The goal is to make it to Leavenworth for lunch.

After Leavenworth, we will continue to Ellensburg via Hwy97 and then to Yakima and if time permits, tour the wine valley of Yakima and possibly do some wine tasting.

Then we will continue on to Richland arriving probably around dinner time and on time to check in, and meet for registration at 7:00pm.

Highway 2 to Leavenworth from Everett goes through the Cascade Mountains and has lots of twists and turns and changes in elevation. This would be a fun drive for those wanting a day trip. So other Fiero drivers are more than welcome to join us.   

Icelander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Icelander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 7:33am

Glad to see some of you are planning to attend the Fest!

Please be aware that Blewett Pass (Hwy-97) tends to have a bunch of State Patrol (Department of Revenue) Officers between Peshastin & Cle Ellum.

Have fun and hope you all have a fun trip!

Kendall (Icelander) Whitlatch
'85 Black 2M4
'88 CJB Ecotec project (some day)
Member of JetCity Fieros
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 9:20pm
Okay, Redwilley and I are leaving Tim Hortons at Highway 10 and 152nd at 6:30am.    Anybody wanting to join us for a partway cruise, you're welcome to .

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 11:10pm

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 12:32pm
Information for Fiero Fest NW 2013 is up.   

Some changes in the classifications.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 11:39pm
I take it I'm the only one representing Westcoast Fieros of BC there this year.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic