West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Car Chat (Not Fiero Specific) » Car Talk thats not a Fiero
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

5x120.7 to 5x100 adapters?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5x120.7 to 5x100 adapters?
    Posted: 01 July 2009 at 5:14pm
I have some nice 5x100 rims on my Fiero that I was thinking I could run on my Cutlass for a while.

I've looked online/ebay/google and have been unable to find any hubcentric adapter that will make my bolt pattern smaller from the 5x4.75(5x120.7) Olds pattern to the 5x100 pattern of the Fiero rims.

Do they just not exist or are they just difficult to track down? Anyone ever heard of this type of adapter and/or had any experience with them?

I've also read that it's possible to re-drill your rims to match the bolt pattern you want or.... re-drilling your hubs.

Again anyone have any experience with this?
I wanna go fast.
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 6:49pm
They've become next to impossible to find due to liability from the manufacturer.  That's what I was told anyhow.

Too many failures (real or not), and too many people getting sued.  Thank you America.  The land of the free and the litigated.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 6:53pm

I hate it when my wheel and tire pass me on the freeway.

Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2009 at 1:08pm
Anyone ever tried re-drilling hubs or machining a new bolt pattern into a set of rims?

At 5x120.65 the 5x114.3/5x100 rims almost fit. I'd bet a couple hours of filing and they'd slide on. However unless I got it machined, there's no guarantee the rim would sit center. 
I wanna go fast.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2009 at 1:39pm

Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

However unless I got it machined, there's no guarantee the rim would sit center.

What's a little vibration, eh?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic