Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Complete Cars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OMG V8 SBC Fiero

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OMG V8 SBC Fiero
    Posted: 30 September 2009 at 5:05pm

This is one hell of a deal even as a parts car.

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT Complete Car for Parts - $1 (Burnaby)

Date: 2009-09-30, 2:38PM PDT
Reply to: sale-ruaad-1400304829@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1987 Fiero GT!
Getrag 5speed transmission - $900 obo
350 carbd motor- unknown info
Wheels are sold

Will sell entire car for $1150

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1400304829

< =text/ src="http://www.craigslist.org/js/jquery.js"> < =text/ src="http://www.craigslist.org/js/postings.js"> < =text/>
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 5:18pm
WTF?!  That's the same old picture from the LAST TIME Jon Bos's old car was sold!

And when did it end up getting carb'd???

(check the temp in the window - it's dated May 2008)

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 8:53pm

I don't know what games these guys are playing. I looked at that Fiero in February and asked specifically if the whole car could be bought. They said no way, that because they were auto wreckers, the whole car couldn't be sold as a unit.

It's in sad shape. Among other things, the passenger side rear wheel is no longer pointing straight due to impact with something. I wasn't able to determine whether it was just the suspension which was twisted or the whole cradle.

Yes, the engine is carbed, sort of...

I suppose there's enough hardware to make it worthwhile to buy for someone who wants to build a V8 Fiero, but I suspect the car itself is toast.

Anyone know why a rectangular hole would've been cut in the passenger side engine grate?

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 9:02pm

I like how the image in the ad doesn't show any of the rear end damage. Here's a better shot...

Interesting stuff on the back window.

marcelvdgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 11:30pm
The intake manifold on that engine has mounting hole pattern for a trottle body not a carburator
Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
soon to be sleeper 3.8sc 5 speed
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 11:51pm

Originally posted by marcelvdgn marcelvdgn wrote:

The intake manifold on that engine has mounting hole pattern for a trottle body not a carburator

Or possibly a throttle body.

Is it just the mounting hole pattern that gives it away? I'm old school. I just thought it was some kind of a two-barrel carb that was missing.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2009 at 7:00am

Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Anyone know why a rectangular hole would've been cut in the passenger side engine grate?

Another air intake, perhaps?

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
3.1fiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3.1fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 8:30pm
you can get an alluminium intake from kms auto dirt cheap aswell as new distributer. thats a sweet deal. Wish i had the money to take it on haha
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 9:48am
this fricken guy doesn't respond to e-mails
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 10:20am
I tried way back in the day the '1st time around'.  No answers at all.

Guys probably just testing the market to see how much interest there is.  Then sits on it for a while, and cranks the price up accordingly.

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 10:23am

I looked at that Fiero in February and asked specifically if the whole car could be bought. They said no

Ok, if you talked to them....  WHO are they?  Maybe more of a face to face Q&A vs. emails would be more effective?

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 11:05am

Originally posted by Dr.Fiero Dr.Fiero wrote:

I looked at that Fiero in February and asked specifically if the whole car could be bought. They said no

Ok, if you talked to them....  WHO are they?  Maybe more of a face to face Q&A vs. emails would be more effective?

I got no where with this guy even after meeting him "face to face", but here's where the car is/was...

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 9:44pm

Well, I supplied the necessary info...

Anyone have any luck communicating with this shop and/or acquiring this Fiero?

Roadfury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roadfury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 11:28pm
I wouldnt recommend dealing with this/these assholes

I have a 5.0 mustang as well and he/they were listing pony wheels for like $200 so i emailed asking whether or not they had curbage and if so how bad and his/their response was "they're off a salvaged mustang what do you think?"

Just my opinion, may of just caught him on a bad day, but still unacceptable
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic