West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2.8l Fuel injection problems.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3.1fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.8l Fuel injection problems.
    Posted: 07 October 2009 at 5:22pm
Hey guys, me again. Just wondering if anyone can help me out with a little problem i have ran into. Only 3 cylinders on my motor are actually getting gas and firing up. This is on the right side of the motor if you are looking at it from the front. the other three are getting tons of spark but no gas at all. I checked the injectors with an ohm meter and all the injectors were identical. I also checked the 6 wires going to the injectors through the junction plug just before the injectors and tested each wire for voltage while the motor was cranked over.

The Pink and white (A) wire seemed to be constant power at 11.59V

Green (B) was at 0.15V

Blue (C) 0.15V

Orange (D) 0.00v This wire has nothing at all. Dont know if it needs to lol.

Dark Pink and White (E) around 9.7V and 9.9V

Beige (F) around 9.7V and 9.9V

If anyone could give me a hand with this that would be awesome. just seems to be one of those great wiring issues. thanks allot.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 5:28pm

Did you check the fuses? There's one for each bank of injectors.

3.1fiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3.1fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 5:57pm
Im guessing they are located up front?
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 6:02pm

The fuse panel under the dash.

3.1fiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3.1fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 6:13pm
is that one supposed to be a 5 ? lol.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 6:16pm

Is that what you have in there?

3.1fiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3.1fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 6:36pm
yup thats her. couldn't read the lettering anymore on the panel lol.
shes running good now lol. I just need to figure out what is smoking a bit. think its a wire or something. time to go under her again. thanks a bunch, overlooked the fuse cause i thought all the injectors were one fuse. thanks again. hopefully now i can make it to the meet.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 6:43pm

Great, glad to hear all cylinders are firing again!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic