West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Testing video player

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 1:07am

Originally posted by Graeme Graeme wrote:

If you mouse over it, the controls should appear. Mouse off and they go away.

I can make the controls appear by "mousing over" the video, but to get the controls off the window I have to click and "drag".

That's a high bitrate as I mentioned earlier. It's up to you though, streams slow but fine for me being that I have a high end computer. Most likely is a completely different experience for others.

I'm able to have the video stream and play back smoothly on a 1200 MHz computer. If it plays back fine on that, I think we're golden.

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 1:09am

Capts wanders through, hey guys.  

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 1:12am

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Capts wanders through, hey guys.

Greetings, everyone is welcome here.  

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 1:13am
On a side note, if you keep posting huge videos on one page then when people visit it's going to suck up their bandwidth and in turn also take the video a long time to download. I've deleted your quote as there is no reason to put the same video twice on one page.

I don't know why it's grabbing the wrong video.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 1:14am

Just a side not, a computers ability to stream and playback streamed video has way more to do with there internet connection and video card than the speed of there CPU. 

If you guys already brought it up, and I simply missed it, or it just blew over my head with a big whoosh.  Just ignore me.  I've been sitting at the hospital with Lisa since 3pm. 

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 1:19am

I've been sitting at the hospital with Lisa since 3pm.

Not trying to pry, but is Lisa okay?

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 1:19am

On a side note, if you keep posting huge videos on one page then when people visit it's going to suck up their bandwidth and in turn also take the video a long time to download. I've deleted your quote as there is no reason to put the same video twice on one page.

I don't know why it's grabbing the wrong video.

On both sides, ya too big of a video for forum playback is just a bit of a waste, and Graeme, couldn't we just dissable auto load so the videos won't load or attempt to load until someone clicks it.  I know it would take the user a bit longer to buffer the content, so it would be a juggling act on which way to go, however just a thought.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 1:19am
Not necessarily Dave. The decoding process within the Flash player is directly linked to the memory and CPU of the computer. You're thinking of video games and possibly native video players.

Patrick, why did you bother asking me what I think if you're just going to ignore it anyways? It's up to you what you want to encode videos at but I'm giving you my advice from experience of working with web applications and video for the last 7 years. I personally don't care at all because my computer runs it great. I'm sure lots of others will be good too so until a complaint comes in then let's keep the bitrate high.
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 1:21am
Yes, I was just working on it now to disable auto load. Especially with huge files getting posted, some people may have already seen the video and just want to come back to see the comments etc, they shouldn't have to put up with downloading 1200Kbps when they may be quite busy doing something else like downloading torrents 
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 1:25am

...couldn't we just dissable auto load so the videos won't load or attempt to load until someone clicks it.

I like that idea. I actually thought that was the way it normally worked.

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 1:36am
Video player has been to set to not auto load and the loading in the wrong video is fixed too.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 1:57am

LOL, at the torrents comment.  I thought everyone had a dedicated home network and computer for torrent traffic.  

P.S. I found me some English Toffee Coffee, that ought to keep me awake for a while. 

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 12:30am

Hm Ok this is a Video Car-2-Lo asked me to post, lets see if I can do this,

<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-CA; mso-fareast-: EN-CA; mso-bidi-: AR-
SA">[COLOR=#800080 size=3 face="Times New Roman">http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=GNjHrUFpnbc[/COLOR">
</SPAN><u1:p></u1:p>

Today I tweaked iMove on "youTube" and deleted old link shown above.

Question: How do I make direct link by clicking on the link to "youTube" (it's not working for me) ?

Here's new link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv4QCQVlkeM

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 12:41pm
It should do it automatically but that will depend on the browser you are using.

If it doesn't then you just use the Forum Codes to get what you want. 
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 2:31pm

It should do it automatically but that will depend on the browser you are using.If it doesn't then you just use the openWin'forum_codes.asp','codes','toolbar=0,location=0,statu s=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,width=550,height=400' ">Forum Codes to get what you want. 

Thanks, but direct links only work automatically on my emails, when I copy link here and paste, it doesn't want to work!
Anyway, what is a "browser" would that be Patrick ?

This what link looks like here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv4QCQVlkeM

If anyone want to help and post this link on my build thread that would be great ?

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 7:29pm
Gina helped me figure this one out!

mylink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=Wv4QCQVlkeM

Just playing with Form Codes!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2010 at 6:47pm
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic