West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i am in a pickle lol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3.1fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i am in a pickle lol
    Posted: 06 January 2010 at 4:05pm

Hey everyone Happy New Year and all the best!

Now to get to it. I ran into a little problem with my fiero and am having some problems figuring out what is going on with it. The car is running extremely strange! When you fire it up sometimes it idles perfect and others it needs to be kept running while warming up, also it will jump around while on idle as if the computer things it needs to run as it is cold then deciding that is it at operating temperature. Sometimes it will run on all 6 then others drop a cylinder or two. If anyone has had this problem or has an idea that would be greatly appreciated. I have checked many things but just a little stumped :)

Im running a 3.1l with 2.8 heads and all the 2.8l sensors aswell as the fiero plenom.

Thanks very much :)

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2010 at 9:19pm
We have the same motor.

It really sounds like distributor trouble to me.  Does your tach jump up and down eratically while the engine is changing RPM?  If so, it's the speed sensor (pickup coil).

I can help you with that.  PM me if interested.

DG
You dream it up....I'll make it
3.1fiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3.1fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2010 at 10:18pm
i just replaced my O2 sensor and it has been running great now lol. thanks very much, im gonna take her for a drive tomorrow around town and see if anything strange happens.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2010 at 11:37pm
Go over all your ground wires, grounds explain alot of what you say is going wrong.  If the O2 sensor ground harness is going bad, it will show as a bad O2 sensor on any questionable O2 sensors.  If you are at the meeting on Saturday come find me and I'll show you the ground points on the harness.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
3.1fiero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3.1fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 4:36pm
I was wondering if i would be able to meet up with you to show me the ground points so i can know for the future. I have no wiring diagrams at all and that would be an amazing help. Thanks very much :D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic