Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

March 13th Meeting 6pm start time!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: March 13th Meeting 6pm start time!!!!!
    Posted: 06 March 2010 at 4:13pm

Ok meeting location

Saturday Mar 13th 2010  @ 6pm

true

true

Ricky's All Day Grill

604-455-6002

8720 204 Street, Langley, BC, V1M2Y5

Map

Ok what month is this, Oh Ya its, MARCH.  We are kicking off this month with the new meeting time slot of 6pm.  I know that cuts into many of your last min rush to clean the cars up for the meetings, but hey you'll have to get used to it.

We chose to do this in order to get more daylight at the meetings, and with the upcoming spring clocks roll ahead, we are going to have a ton of daylight at the meetings.  This will also allow for more chances of doing after meeting cruises.  Even if it is just an after meeting cruise to go out for ice cream or coffee after the meeting.    So remember change all your schedules its Six PM that's 6 PM, ok did we get that 6pm.  Just think 6-6-6, er wait that's, oh never mind, just remember 6pm.

Now on to the meeting stuff.    I know Car2Lo aka Jon will be there with his Widebody-Choptop-3800SC car, so I know a lot of people are going to be happy to see that return to the monthly meetings.  I am betting Hugh will be there with his awesome 383ci Chevy V8 6spd, and I hear there might be a Turbocharged V8 also making its debut at the meeting.  I am not going to let that secret out of the bag, but I hear it is being driven on test runs right now.    With my leg feeling much better, I am getting really tempted to toss a permit on my V8 and bring it out for the meeting.   It's still not exactly in perfect shape, however the urge to drive it is starting to take over my better judgment of keeping it here and working out all the bugs.  

Roadfury dropped by my place with his 85GT V6 4spd car today and we did some tinkering and tweaking, when he came here, he was so disappointed with the performance of the car, and frankly just thought that was the way Fiero's were, by the time he left here, the car was smoking up the tires and screaming down the street.     It really brings up an interesting point, if you have a Fiero, and face it if you are reading this, you probably do, and have never driven another Fiero, you may not know what you are missing.       It's possible your car has had issues since day one and you just did not know it.   You may want to ask to take a ride in or, if the owner is willing, let you drive a car that is similar to yours.  Maybe the 2 of you could swap cars for a quick cruise around the block.   Club runs are a great place to get a benchmark on how your car compares to large number of cars.   If you find yourself getting left behind at every light, or feeling like you are going to fly off the road in the corners when everyone else seems to be taking a leisurely stroll, it might be time to start checking things.   Especially if you find yourself needing a fuel stop, when everyone else has only used 1/4 tank of fuel.

The big topics of the meeting will be upcoming events.

So I'll let the calendar do the speaking for the rest of this message.  

Also I would like to say Thank you to a few people who recently have stood up to help with the details.   Patrick is assisting with meeting info, Tristen is writing the meeting wrap up letters, Dr. Fiero is showing a more active role in setting up club scheduling, and as always Lisa for manning the club funds, club raffles, club rosters, and general club stuff at the sign in table.

With coming events we need to get input from the people attending and finalize all the details.  

I look forward to seeing all of you there at the meeting.   I am sure it will be a blast. 

March 13 Club Meeting

March 20th Chocolates and Coffee @ Euphoria Chocolates in Historic Fort Langley. 

April 10th Club Meeting

April 17th Hells Gate Air Tram and Boston Bar Meet 8am at the McDonald's Parking lot on 152nd Street across from Guildford Mall in Surrey.

May 8th Club Meeting

May 22nd Tech Session, this is the Pre-Arlington Tech day.  This is to evaluate any problems that have shown up on the Hells Gate run, and fix them, as well as do a double check for the Arlington run.   A US to Canada Tow bill would cost more than what some of us paid for our cars.   I will have a list of suggested tools to carry for the event.   

June 5th Arlington Jet City Fiero’s Picnic   7am Meet at 152nd and Hwy 10 in Cloverdale/Surrey at the Tim Horton’s.   Details to be released as the date gets closer. Make sure you have your Passports.

June 12th Club Meeting and Detail Day at my place.  Let’s get together to polish those cars up for the All Pontiac Show.

June 13th All Pontiac Show and Shine at the Barnes Wheaton GM dealership (3050 King George Highway) in the South Surrey Auto Mall  Pre Registration is $15 and includes a free Hamburger/Hot dog and Pop.  Details at www.pppcc.com

July 10th Club Meeting

July 16th, 17th, 18th Camping Earls by the River.   .   It'll be a 2-3 day event running July 16th - July 18th.  The 16th will be for people that can get away early enough on Friday to make the run up, and then go Friday, Saturday, then leaving Sunday afternoon.    The actual picnic will be held on July 17th all day. Starting as early as the hangovers permit from the Friday night people.   Also for those that are into paint ball, the camp area is next to a paint ball range, so feel free to go shooting each other for a few hours.      It’s a pretty open event, the only thing we ask left at home are grumpy attitudes.   We like to have FUN.    We'll supply the BBQ and the condiments, so all you have to bring is meats and buns, optionally, if pre-arranged, Lisa can purchase the food for you and then you can pay her when you get to the event.

August 14th Club Meeting

Aug 21st Whistler Run, meeting in Burnaby somewhere.

Sept 11th Club Meeting

Sept 25th Mopac Dyno Day aprx cost $100 per car.

Oct 9th Club Meeting

Oct 23rd  OPEN FOR DISCUSSION

Nov 6th Winter Tech day.

Nov 13th Club Meeting

Dec 4th Movie Night

Dec 11th Club Meeting

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic