West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Build Threads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red to Grimm Dragon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 10:25pm

well the talks with the engine builder have started, we are trying to figure out how to put all of the motor into the car...

Looks like it is going to be TIGHT very TIGHT,  Car will be built with the existing sbc that I have sitting around till I can afford the new motor..

Racing harnesses were ordered today so I should have them in a couple of days

ZeroC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZeroC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 10:52pm
i just gave 2 sets of those away :(..they could have been urs
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 10:53pm

Ya know with a 5 point, you will have to order a harness bar.  Either build one yourself, (much cheaper and I have the designe info) or buy one from Doug Chase for a couple hundred bucks.

On a P.S. note, Canadian Tire had Moroso 5 point harness's on clear out sale on a close out rack for 30 bucks a seat.  It was the Langley one on 200th .

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 10:59pm
I am going to be doing a 12 point cage in the car so there will be plenty of places to mount the harnesses to, I have one of these harness already but it is no longer valid at the race tracks as it had expired but if anyone wants it let me know (capt??????)
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 8:00pm

well some progress pics finally, the old dash and skeleton is all out and the new dash is mocked in next is the trimming and such to get it where I need them.  Then comes to door panels they are going to sit about 3 inches higher so i will have to make the body hide this when I build it:

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 8:01pm
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 8:01pm

i appologise the pics were with my cell because I forgot to bring out the camera

looks like I will also have to raise the steering column a little and make a souround for it

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 9:12pm

Very cool, the dash install will be very unique, glad you found all the wiring to make it work.  Can't wait to see the airbag install.  This is a mod that I have thought about for a while.  Would make it much easier to drive the car year around.   

How much of the kit for the bags is going to have to be fabbed up, or did they offer a kit that is designed for the Fiero?

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 9:32pm

from what I understand, but we will see when I get it, it is designed directly for the fiero.

The wiring was no big deal just a couple of hours sitting down with the factory service manual for the donor car and marking out what every single wire on the gague cluster does and goes (there were 40 wires to figure out)

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 5:38pm

well today was another semi productive day:

well i went to Ralphs a-scott for a decklid and almost fell over when the guy told me $200 for a frickin deck lid the Capt called after I basically told the guy to go screw himself and the fellow told capt $250 for the same decklid.  Then we went to Ralphs import to get another part I was looking for and they were more than double the price of a new one, the idiot quoted me 380 for the part and I can get the new for 187....

Neverless i will never go to Ralphs EVER again....

I did however get some more body panels to modify for my body kit... that is all to report for now, got to go and modify a few pieces for the dash now.

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 12:51pm

well they have shown up, they appear to be completely bolt on but I will still add some tacks to be safe... also looks like the bump stop in the front will not need to be removed, but we will see when I get to installing them.

They also look like they use 3/8" air lines which will be nice for speed.. 

anyways here is the pic, took it at work with cell

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 8:51pm
Alright now you HAVE TO GET THE CAR ON THE ROAD.  V6 OR NOT.  I want to see these babys in action.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 9:17pm

well weather permitting they are going in on sunday, hopefully

Just priced out my tail lights that I want to put in the car and almost fell over, $900 us per side.... think that I will be makeing them myself, won't be as nice but I think I can handle that for the $2000 in savings

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 2:24pm

well I got the rear air bags in and working they have a ton of travel to them, going to be useing the alt holes on the struts to let it go 1" lower then you see here..

old setup with st lowering spriings:

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 2:24pm

new setup

Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 2:27pm

and a vid that shows the travel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c--h4Wq9h1I

only got a 1/4" shreader valve working 2 bags at the moment till I get the management system

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 2:33pm
Looking classy brother!
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 2:38pm

I just realized that I need to do some serious por 15ing and powder coating, poor car is looking worse for sitting unloved for 4 years

and thanks Romeo

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 4:37pm
Congrats on the install, I can't wait to see this all in person. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
DaCoupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaCoupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 5:00pm
Looks pretty good Chris!!  Now move that strut mount to the lower position so you can tuck that sh*t. I'll join you on a POR 15 day as my car needs some love too
Built not Bought!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic