Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

April 10th Club meeting Reminder 6pm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: April 10th Club meeting Reminder 6pm
    Posted: 08 April 2010 at 9:07pm

Ok meeting location

Saturday April 10th 2010  @ 6pm

true

true

Ricky's All Day Grill

604-455-6002

8720 204 Street, Langley, BC, V1M2Y5

Map

Ok what month is this, Oh Ya its, April.  This month's meeting time is 6pm.  This is the first meeting that the Time Change is in effect, and our new meeting is at 6pm, we will have HUGE daylight to look over the cars.    So be sure to wash em up, toss on some tire shine and be ready to show em off.    We chose to do this in order to get more daylight at the meetings, just so we can show em off, so let's get it done.     This will also allow for more chances of doing after meeting cruises.  Even if it is just an after meeting cruise to go out for ice cream or coffee after the meeting.    So remember change all your schedules its Six PM that's 6 PM, ok did we get that 6pm. 

We need a wrap up from the Chocolates and coffee run, so could someone please have some notes ahead of time to hit up the club with.               

The big topics of the meeting will be upcoming events.

April 17th Hells Gate Air Tram and Boston Bar Meet 8am at the McDonald's Parking lot on 152nd Street across from Guildford Mall in Surrey.

We have the Hells Gate run coming up soon, I need to know how many people are planning to attend, if you have a GPS radio please bring it to the meeting so we can all make sure the radios work fine, and if need be, discuss general rules for use of the radios on the run.                                  

Also I would like to say Thank you to a few people who recently have stood up to help with the details.   Patrick is assisting with meeting info, Tristen is writing the meeting wrap up letters, Dr. Fiero is showing a more active role in setting up club scheduling, and as always Lisa for manning the club funds, club raffles, club rosters, and general club stuff at the sign in table.

With coming events we need to get input from the people attending and finalize all the details.  

I look forward to seeing all of you there at the meeting.   I am sure it will be a blast

March 20th Chocolates and Coffee @ Euphoria Chocolates in Historic Fort Langley. 

April 10th Club Meeting

April 17th Hells Gate Air Tram and Boston Bar Meet 8am at the McDonald's Parking lot on 152nd Street across from Guildford Mall in Surrey.

May 8th Club Meeting

May 22nd Tech Session, this is the Pre-Arlington Tech day.  This is to evaluate any problems that have shown up on the Hells Gate run, and fix them, as well as do a double check for the Arlington run.   A US to Canada Tow bill would cost more than what some of us paid for our cars.   I will have a list of suggested tools to carry for the event.   

June 5th Arlington Jet City Fiero’s Picnic   7am Meet at 152nd and Hwy 10 in Cloverdale/Surrey at the Tim Horton’s.   Details to be released as the date gets closer. Make sure you have your Passports.

June 12th Club Meeting and Detail Day at my place.  Let’s get together to polish those cars up for the All Pontiac Show.

June 13th All Pontiac Show and Shine at the Barnes Wheaton GM dealership (3050 King George Highway) in the South Surrey Auto Mall  Pre Registration is $15 and includes a free Hamburger/Hotdog and Pop.  Details at www.pppcc.com

July 10th Club Meeting

July 16th, 17th, 18th Camping Earls by the River.   .   It'll be a 2-3 day event running July 16th - July 18th.  The 16th will be for people that can get away early enough on Friday to make the run up, and then go Friday, Saturday, then leaving Sunday afternoon.    The actual picnic will be held on July 17th all day. Starting as early as the hangovers permit from the Friday night people.   Also for those that are into paint ball, the camp area is next to a paint ball range, so feel free to go shooting each other for a few hours.      It’s a pretty open event, the only thing we ask left at home are grumpy attitudes.   We like to have FUN.    We'll supply the BBQ and the condiments, so all you have to bring is meats and buns, optionally, if pre-arranged, Lisa can purchase the food for you and then you can pay her when you get to the event.

August 14th Club Meeting

Aug 21st Whistler Run, meeting in Burnaby somewhere.

Sept 11th Club Meeting

Sept 25th Mopac Dyno Day aprx cost $100 per car.

Oct 9th Club Meeting

Oct 23rd  OPEN FOR DISCUSSION

Nov 6th Winter Tech day.

Nov 13th Club Meeting

Dec 4th Movie Night

Dec 11th Club Meeting

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
mxracer208 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mxracer208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 10:28pm
well, this sucks, im now going to miss another meeting when i am in need of a lot of info
Fire451 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fire451 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 11:03pm

unfortunatly I am going to miss this meeting as well

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 11:12pm

I've copied and pasted the following from the wrap-up thread of our last meeting. If we wish to implement some changes in our parking strategy at the upcoming meeting this Saturday, perhaps we could hear some feedback from club members on this. Otherwise we'll end up with the same disorganized mess.

Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Originally posted by Dr.Fiero Dr.Fiero wrote:

At the next meeting...  we're going to have a flashback to many years ago.  We had a 'mandatory' course in - PARKING STYLE.

If you look at the 'old' group shots, you'll see that we had a system down of a few things;
Everyone (at least tries to) park in the same area.
Tries to back into your spot.
Line up mirrors.
Space out (left/right) evenly.

It just makes for a more 'presentable' looking group, not like a bunch of whacked out nut jobs that just poured in.  The group photo's also come out much nicer.

So - next time - let's give it a shot! 

No matter how orderly we may park our cars, we're still the same bunch of "whacked out nut jobs".

That restaurant we used to meet at a couple years ago (the place that was always in a big rush to get us out of there) had the best parking lot by far for showing off our cars nicely.

So it's not like the club members don't wish to present our cars or ourselves in a civilized manner, it's just a much bigger challenge where we currently meet.

But sure, let's aim for a more concentrated effort next time. We can start by suggesting what area of the parking lot to focus on for parking our cars next month (keeping in mind of course that there may be all sorts of "intruders" in the way).

We might want to park our Fieros in a straight line all along the north end (top) of the parking lot. Otherwise we'll probably always be mixed up with other cars.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 6:22pm

Whoa guys, whoa... one at a time. We can't have everyone posting at once in regards to how we should try parking our Fieros tomorrow night.

Are John (Dr Fiero) and I the only ones who give a hoot about this?

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 9:29pm
Hey Patrick what are you talking about, the no repsonse was great, it meant that no one dissagreed with you, and EVERYONE is going to park correctly.   THe only sad part is the sun will be setting to the west and not give us a good head on light shot, so those that want to be best seen will have to park in the 1st few stalls to the West of the North row.   I'd love to see this be a massive turn out, however only 2 of the 5 Fiero's at the house will be at the meeting. Unless we have 3 people that want to come here with cash in hand to buy day permits and bring them. (rent a few for the meeting)   
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 9:46pm

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Hey Patrick what are you talking about, the no repsonse was great, it meant that no one dissagreed with you, and EVERYONE is going to park correctly.

Alrighty then, let's do it!

(Thanks Dave, I think you're just trying to make me feel better.)

The only sad part is the sun will be setting to the west and not give us a good head on light shot...

Well, in the image above of the parking lot, look at all those empty spots along the right hand (eastern) edge. Hmmmm.... probably too far away from the restaurant though.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 10:23pm

By the way Dave, as discussed at the last meeting I'll be bringing the GT sail panels that I bought from Kahines for people to look at. This image below is from his website.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 2:25am
Ooooh, Sail Panel discussion. This meeting will be wonderously wordy.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 7:09am

Hi all,

I won't be able to make it as I am off to work shortly, If I can make it to next months meeting I'll bring in my sail panel.

Cheers...Brian

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 9:18am

"Hey Baby, wanna come to my place, I got some new purple lube, I hear its the best on the
planet."

Heh heh, great pickup line (or good for a kick in the groin).

Now that's funny, I'm still laughing out loud (I'll bring some next meeting)

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 10:54am
Bring some groin???  I so don't need to visualize that....:)

Originally posted by Car-2-Lo Car-2-Lo wrote:

Heh heh, great pickup line (or good for a kick in the groin).

Now that's funny, I'm still laughing out loud (I'll bring some next meeting)

You dream it up....I'll make it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic