West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whistler club run 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2010 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Austin Austin wrote:

...If anything we should be concerned about cops waiting around the next corner!

Why would you be worried about the cops if you're driving safely at or below the speed limit?   

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2010 at 2:11pm

I spoke with her and she actually would prefer the weekend after (her Bday is mid week), this way I am off anyways for 5 days and all will be happy.

I'll post Friday, this is my toughest week ever in business, and the presentation I have on Friday will test me in many ways, and in many ways a nice drive to clear the mind will be good:)...the rain won't be heavy, even so it's summer rain which is nice and warm:).

Fingers crossed we'll be there

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2010 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

Originally posted by Austin Austin wrote:

...If anything we should be concerned about cops waiting around the next corner!

Why would you be worried about the cops if you're driving safely at or below the speed limit?   

Ouch, really...speed limit, drivee safe, what's this talk?...lol

I brought this up last meeting as I have had several who have been to and from Whistler this summer...RCMP are HEAVY in force on that highway.  The new design encourages higher speeds, they did not plan this at the time, it was all about getting people to and from for the Olympics fast...but they are getting their quotas filled...lol

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2010 at 2:57pm

Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

Well... neither have to be relevant to get their attention when a pack of 2door..shiny..colourful..exotic..loud..original..whathaveyou .. Fiero's are going up a highway

1986 Fiero GT 3.4L V6 DIS, 5 spd, Full Polyurethane Suspension, Rear Coil-overs
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2010 at 3:28pm

That's how one friend got pulled over, there was 2 of them on sport bikes, they ended up joining another group which ended bing 15, they all got pulled over just past Sqaumish...they then split up, and they hit 2 road checks before they actually got into Whistler.

End of day, they are out there and watching 

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2010 at 7:34pm

Dropped by Clynt's place, he's off this Saturday
so Clynt and I will be there...

Photo courtesy of Capt. Fiero
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2010 at 7:52pm
So we get to add a Turbocharged V8 and a Supercharged V6 pair of Choppers to the mix.  That will sure make it fun.This is turning out to be one of the biggest runs of the season.  I can't wait for Saturday.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2010 at 8:20pm

Bring on the Hounds, Round 2...lol

This looks like a good day, I'll load up the camera mount, wish I had the 2 of these http://www.goprocamera.com/products/hd-motorsports-hero-came ra.php

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

kharmata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kharmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2010 at 8:55pm
I have a GoPro Camera and nice suction cup mount.  Was planning to bring it.  :-)
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2010 at 8:55pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Bring on the Hounds, Round 2...lol

There'll be one hound at least...  ...

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 10:31am

Unfortunately, the weather forecast is getting uglier.

70% chance of showers on Saturday reported Here, and 5-10mm of rain predicted Here.

I want to drive to Whistler, but Frankie and I are going to stay home if it's miserable weather.

kharmata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kharmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 12:06pm
Don't give up yet! It will change just for us. btw...i
still don't understand how a little weather can dampen a
drive...
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 12:39pm

Originally posted by kharmata kharmata wrote:

Don't give up yet! It will change just for us. btw...i still don't understand how a little weather can dampen a drive...

Heh heh, nobody's "giving up", but driving on the highway in the rain is not nearly as much fun as cruising in the sunshine.

Plus, what's the point of going to a place like Whistler (especially as in my case, for the very first time) if the place is totally socked in with clouds and nothing can even be seen? I don't wish to drive for two hours just to walk around in the rain.

Next weekend might still turn out to be a better option, but I'm just one club member with one opinion. Everyone else is certainly welcome to express themselves regarding a possible postponement due to the weather.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

especially as in my case, for the very first time)

Being a driver, that's amazing you have never been...when I got my 1st car, I was doing a cruise on weekends just because:)...lol

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 1:35pm
Well we are right on the fringe of it.  I don't want to call it just yet.  When they say there is a chance of rain, it may just be in the early morning or overnight, and they are not even sure it is going to rain and even if it does they say only 5mm or so.  I'd like to hear from everyone that is going.  We have done runs in the drizzle in the past and had several very nice days as the rains parted in the afternoon.  This run has gotten so big with so many people coming I am hesitant to cancel it.  A lot of people have changed or re-arranged or stretched themselves out in order to be able to come.  At this point I am still going to say its a "GO" however please keep an eye on this thread for any updates.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

especially as in my case, for the very first time

Being a driver, that's amazing you have never been...when I got my 1st car, I was doing a cruise on weekends just because:)...lol

Yes, it is odd isn't it?

I've just never driven in that direction any farther than Squamish. (Come to think of it, I even went as far as Squamish on my 10-speed bike as a teenager.)

I guess because I've never skied, I've never previously felt the pull to Whistler. However, I'd still like to see what Whistler looks like... on a nice day.

kharmata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kharmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 2:23pm
On a personal note...I am not going because it's Whistler.
I am just happy to drive my car with other enthusiasts and
I do my best to not let the weather control how I feel. I
say go. Cheers!
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 8:45pm
Michelle and Damien will be there unless it's really looking sh*tty.

DG
You dream it up....I'll make it
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 10:27pm

Ok I have checked and re-checked the weather, all 3 locations, Surrey, Vancouver and Whistler at the Env Canada Site the Weather Network site and even the Weather Underground Site.

The Average forecast for the 3 sites and locations is periods of drizzle amounting to less than 5mm over a 24hr period beginning 12:01am Saturday to 11:59pm Saturday.

So unless the forecast changes to Thunder Lightning with Hurricane like winds and maybe an EOTW Asteroid shower in the mix, we are GOING.  

Double check the oil in your car, the water in your coolant system, the air in your tires and if you have time give her a quick wash up. 

A little weather never stopped us in the past I don't expect it to stop us know.  Especially considering slightly cooler weather also means better performing engines.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2010 at 6:32am

Originally posted by kharmata kharmata wrote:

I am not going because it's Whistler.

Curious as to why not to Whistler?...it is only rated as one of the top 10 drives in the World

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic