Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Performance Driving
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UBCCC Slush Series 2010-2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 4:26pm

Start in bottom right, 2 laps, full stop box.

The display board for timing wasn't working till my last 2 runs.

the rest (not mine) http://photoshare.shaw.ca/messages/viewthumb/24608483213-128 8026502-76373/parm/page/2

-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Originally posted by D_sensitized D_sensitized wrote:

So do I will I need this CACC license thing?

This whole CACC license thing is confusing as hell, and not just for us dumb Fiero folks either. Have a look at this thread from the UBC Sports Car Club forum.

CACC license requirements

Okay, I've got to ask now (after having read that thread)... Has anyone had their CACC license mailed to them after registering and participating in the VCMC autocross a couple weekends ago?

It probably takes several weeks (I believe I saw reference to three weeks somewhere) to be processed (in which case we can review this situation in a couple more weeks), but I certainly haven't received anything up to this point.

There is a little bit more information on the VCMC forum, although it still leaves me a bit confused. My concern is that they won't process our licenses because they don't have any more events until next year.

88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 4:54pm

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

My concern is that they won't process our licenses because they don't have any more events until next year.

Colby, who is this "they" you are referring to?

I would think that our $10 and personal information would be sent to CCAC from VCMC (who simply gathered/collected the fee/info) and it would be CCAC (not VCMC) who would be doing the actual processing.

CACC has no reason not to process our licenses promptly, because obviously, there are other autocross events scheduled for the remainder of the year.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 5:01pm

Start in bottom right, 2 laps, full stop box.

Looks like a rather simple course, but it's great that you basically got to make use of the entire layout twice.

the rest (not mine)

The person taking the pictures seemed to like your GT (judging from the number of times it shows up), and why wouldn't he? Looks good!

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 5:08pm

My concern is that they won't process our licenses because they don't have any more events until next year.

Colby, who is this "they" you are referring to?

I would think that our $10 and personal information would be sent to CCAC from VCMC (who simply gathered/collected the fee/info) and it would be CCAC (not VCMC) who would be doing the actual processing.

CACC has no reason not to process our licenses promptly, because obviously, there are other autocross events scheduled this year.

"They" is VCMC, and by process I mean fill out the form and send it in for us (or however they handle it).

88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 5:39pm

"They" is VCMC, and by process I mean fill out the form and send it in for us (or however they handle it).

That would be totally irresponsible of VCMC if that was the case as they're aware they aren't the only game in town. 

We'll probably get the licenses in the mail in a couple of weeks from CACC... I hope.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 6:02pm

So do I will I need this CACC license thing?

This whole CACC license thing is confusing as hell, and not just for us dumb Fiero folks either. Have a look at this thread from the UBC Sports Car Club forum.

CACC license requirements

Okay, I've got to ask now (after having read that thread)... Has anyone had their CACC license mailed to them after registering and participating in the VCMC autocross a couple weekends ago?

It probably takes several weeks (I believe I saw reference to three weeks somewhere) to be processed (in which case we can review this situation in a couple more weeks), but I certainly haven't received anything up to this point.

I after all these years do not have one paper licence, especially a CACC one...would not worry, you have your scan tag which is your main number now for all events.

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 6:19pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

I after all these years do not have one paper licence, especially a CACC one...would not worry, you have your scan tag which is your main number now for all events.

Brian, what exactly does that scan tag represent? Is it a VCMC issue (since for me, that's who I got it from) or is it CCAC to be used at all autocross events, no matter which particular club puts on the event?

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 6:52pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Brian, what exactly does that scan tag represent? Is it a VCMC issue (since for me, that's who I got it from) or is it CCAC to be used at all autocross events, no matter which particular club puts on the event?

I know that the same barcode can be used by both clubs, but I don't know if there's anything more to it than that or if it's just for convenience. It does have the CACC logo so it could be that there's more to it than that.

88 Formula 5 speed

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 8:35pm

It's the bar code that counts...UBC & VCMC are sanctioned CACC events where PCA & BCCC are not, they are very social...again I had a CACC membership because I needed it for a Solo 2 event that we all had to pay a $55 membership...let's just say for one event there were many ticked off people.

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 8:54pm
I only got to take a couple pictures but you can get an idea of the weather...

and a video! should be up shortly
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 9:13pm

Yikes, the track looks a little, ummm... damp!

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 9:36pm

From FB:

Ken Au-Yeung Brian, you missed the Fiero that showed up!

Represented:)...well done bud

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 12:04am
The UBC folks (should) know that a VCMC membership includes the CACC membership so you should be good if you can show your VCMC membership card.  Even if you don't have anything from CACC yet.

Brian: Are you whining about having to pay $55 (license) + $50 (event fee) for one higher speed autox (Solo 1) at PM?  You mean you didn't find it a good value?  lol!

I'm not sure what'll happen when the current solosprint crowd finds out about the fee increases for Mission next year.....  Maybe you'll find more solosprints at PM?  Wait and see.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 12:09am

Originally posted by AllanJ AllanJ wrote:

The UBC folks (should) know that a VCMC membership includes the CACC membership so you should be good if you can show your VCMC membership card.

Ummm.... what VCMC membership card might you be referring to? Is this something else we haven't received in the mail yet?

Way to go Allan, you've now opened up another can of worms.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 6:58am

Originally posted by AllanJ AllanJ wrote:

The UBC folks (should) know that a VCMC membership includes the CACC membership so you should be good if you can show your VCMC membership card.  Even if you don't have anything from CACC yet.

Brian: Are you whining about having to pay $55 (license) + $50 (event fee) for one higher speed autox (Solo 1) at PM?  You mean you didn't find it a good value?  lol!

I'm not sure what'll happen when the current solosprint crowd finds out about the fee increases for Mission next year.....  Maybe you'll find more solosprints at PM?  Wait and see.

Yes Allan I was whining...Biatch

No cards, you won't get one...you have registered, have your bar code...you are set...end of subject I suggest

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 7:15am
So, pardon my confusion, but then for us new registers, we pay $55 for the lisence every year, as well as $50 per autocross?
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

So, pardon my confusion, but then for us new
registers, we pay $55 for the lisence every year, as well as $50 per
autocross?

No confusion, read Allan's reply to mine...from this point you pay a
yearly membership renewal, if you want to Solo 1 at Mission then a
CACC license required, otherwise you are all good:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 12:41pm
Funny....I thought vcmc loved handing out their membership cards.

General terminology for folks:

autocross (aka autox) is also known as solo 2 (aka solosport).

solo 1 (aka solosprint) is what I call "autox on steroids".

autox is usually held on a parking lot, runway, or other flat chunk of pavement and typically has a max speed of 60mph (100 km/h).

solosprint (aka solo 1) is held at larger chunks of pavement or usually at a real race track like Mission.  solosprints have been held at Pitt Meadows in the past when they also book the adjoining runway and have longer, faster autox-type events.  I've been well over 140km/h there.  Hence, autox on steroids. 

Solosprint at Mission raceway is a different animal.  It's run on the CACC race weekends and because of that, requires almost race-level of prep to your car and the driver.

4-point roll bar minimum and it must adhere to their design rules.  My bolt-in 4-point bar doesn't meet their specs so I can't run.

Full nomex driving suit, including gloves, socks, balaclava and shoes.  SA helmet required (no M).

Not sure what else they need.

It gets expensive to run at Mission.  Considering the increased fees coming next year and transponder rental, it'll start getting close to $180 per event unless they change the format.  Hence my thinking an option is to run more solosprints at PM.  Just a WAG though. 

AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

So, pardon my confusion, but then for us new registers, we pay $55 for the lisence every year, as well as $50 per autocross?

Those are solo 1 (solosprint) prices.

Not autox.  Autox is much cheaper.  Maybe the $10 annual CACC license is still required in the future....  Events are still $35-$40.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic