West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » Members Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I’m new to the club

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Shakey Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m new to the club
    Posted: 03 June 2007 at 11:50am

Hello members:

This is my first posting to the forum, so I hope I don't make some dumb mistake and look like a fool!

My name is David Hathaway (but my friends call me "Shakey Dave" because I have advanced Parkinson's disease). I am 65 years old and have been involved in motorsports (in various capacities) since my teens, so I have lots of stories to tell (if anyone is interested).

Clubs I have belonged to include: The Ontario Sports Car Club, the Fredricton Sports Car Club, the Royal City Sports Car Club, The Westwood Karting Association, and the Langley Quarter Midget Association.

Among the cars I have owned and driven: A racing Renault 1100, a very fast '67 Firebird OHC Sprint (now owned by someone in the Pontiac Performance Club, I think), a Porsche 911, various karts and quarter midget cars, and my '85 Fiero GT which I have owned since 1989 (I'll try to include a picture below).

I look forward to meeting some of you at the Show and Shine next week (if my health permits me to make a drop in visit).

Thanks for your time taken in reading this Intro. 

PS ... HELP! How do I put a picture up on this forum!!!

David Hathaway

"Shakey" Dave Hathaway
www3.telus.net/myhistory
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 1:51pm

Did you get your info package yet from Lisa.  I belive she sent it out early last week.

As for posting a pic, you can do it 1 of 2 ways use the image upload button above. (look for the tiel green arrorw icon above.  Or you can host it on a web server yourself and just use the IMG tags in your post.  (the image uploader is the easiest way for most people)  To use the image uploader you click it, it opens up a box, then you click browse to find your image and click upload.  Just follow the prompts and you should not have a problem.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Shakey Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Shakey Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2007 at 3:12pm

As promised here is a picture of my nearly stock 85 GT (if the upload picture works this time).  The only addition since this picture was taken is a set of 5 spoke 16" wheels with tires that look like a rubber bands stretched around the wheels (my son put them on the car!).

As soon as my stock wheels get back from the cleaners I plan to put them back on.

"Shakey" Dave Hathaway
www3.telus.net/myhistory
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2007 at 9:30pm
Nice!  Hope you pick yourself up one of the die cast models, since it's exactly your car!  
vidus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote vidus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Dr.Fiero Dr.Fiero wrote:

Nice!  Hope you pick yourself up one of the die cast models, since it's exactly your car!  

I was just thinking that car looks really familiar... thats why!
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 6:21am
More info:

Enlarge Image
1985 GT DIE CAST MODEL (RED)
This red, 1:18 scale die cast 85 GT model features an operational deck lid, steering wheel and doors. With a detailed engine compartment and interior, this model makes a great gift for any Fiero enthusiast.

Part # 50919 Price: 18.95

www.fierostore.com
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 10:37am

If you don't want to worry about shipping and mail-ordering, I saw them at Burnaby Hobbies in Burnaby on Rumble and Royal Oak.

Not sure of the price though.  I think it's in line with paying in Canadian + shipping so probably around $35.00 CDN

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Shakey Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Shakey Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 6:49pm

Thank you all for the tips.  I called up the hobby store in Burnaby, but the guy said they didn't have any in (he didn't seem to know what a Fiero is).

Next week is Fathers Day, so I will wait and see if at least one of my three sons comes up with one as a Fathers Day present.  If not, I will just add it to the order that I am getting ready to put into the Fiero Store in the next couple of weeks.

Either way. I will have a model of my Fiero!

"Shakey" Dave Hathaway
www3.telus.net/myhistory
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic