West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

West Coast Fieros Redesign

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:17am
I agree that looks too lopsided. Since you removed the category list and the poll, that means you have way more vertical space there, why not just use that extra space to show more topics (like this)?
88 Formula 5 speed

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:27am
Colby, very nice
kharmata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kharmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 9:55am

Another thought - for all forum pages other than the home page, make the Fiero logo 1/2 as big and cut down all the wasted space at the top of the page.  (this also helps with larger font screens)
cheers

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:18am

Ok I have replaced the Nov wrap up on the home page with the December Wrap Up.  So Patty your mug is now gone.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:35am
The latest changes look great with the lettering size and margin.

Patrick, I have screen size 1920x1200

Capt, it's a little late for Dec. wrap up, next week is Jan. wrap up
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Ok I have replaced the Nov wrap up on the home page with the December Wrap Up.  So Patty your mug is now gone.

Thanks Dave, I couldn't stand looking at myself anymore.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 12:14am
Don't worry Patty - I couldn't stand your mug either.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 12:41pm
I'm liking the redesign of the front page.   

It fits my netbook screen without having to scroll left and right. Probably better for you folks who might want to see the page on their iPhones or iPod Touches?

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:40pm
Sorry I haven't got back to it just yet, I will and thanks for the suggestions, helps a lot as I'm much more of a developer than designer. Just held up with personal and business items at the moment. At least for now it's a bit better 
Nexus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:48pm

I'm not sure if it appropriate for me to make any suggestions yet seeing as how I just got here so if it out of line then put me in my place!!! 

On a couple of other sites I belong to, they have a car of the month posted in the top corner. It is a car that is finnished, used, abused, in various stages of build...what ever. It helps to recognise some of the work people do to their cars. They generally have a little wright up of the person who owns the car, what they've done to it or plan to do to it followed by a series of pictures. there is usually a quick link to the build thread, or theads.

At the end of the year there is a pole set up for forum members to choose the car of the year!!

It is all in good fun!!!!

Again this is just an idea to mull over and if I have over stepped my boundries on my 3rd post I appologise

here is a link to Hitman's Trans Am page and AllGenTransams if you want to look at the layout over there.

http://www.78ta.com

http://allgentransams.com

hope this helps some

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 2:16am
Absolutely no problem at all, all suggestions are welcome.
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 9:50pm
Something along these lines? (just a rough design here but close)

http://www.westcoastfieros.com/index_new.asp
kharmata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kharmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 10:11pm
Please define 'rough but close'. I like it so far.
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:16am
I love it
Johnny-B-Good

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:59pm
Rough means that I'm not done refining the details in the design but I've got the overall look.

Well.. without any dissenting votes (thanks guys), I'll move forward with it and get something up soon.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:14pm

Graeme, I like the design.

I know you're still "refining the details", so I'm hoping the top image will be leveled out. Otherwise, all the water in Burrard Inlet is going to slosh to the right.

Both Kevin and Austin took multiple panoramic shots at this location (which is real nice) in case another one of their shots might even work out better. They've both probably got higher resolution versions as well.

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:43pm
Hi Patrick

Yes, but look closely. The "horizon" isn't actually that much off level, it's the lens of the camera that is zoomed all the way out. But I agree with that sentiment and I do plan on adjusting the picture to look better. Good catch. Funny enough though, none of the pictures here are level, I thought I had found the best one: http://www.westcoastfieros.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=202 8&PN=1

and it's Howe Sound that you're at there. Burrard inlet is on the other side of North Van
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2011 at 11:55pm

Originally posted by Graeme Graeme wrote:

Funny enough though, none of the pictures here are level, I thought I had found the best one: http://www.westcoastfieros.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=202 8&PN=1 

One option we have is to "rotate" the best image (uncompressed version hopefully) a bit to level it out if need be. 

Originally posted by Graeme Graeme wrote:

...and it's Howe Sound that you're at there. Burrard inlet is on the other side of North Van

Oops, you got me there!  

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 12:05am
Here's a good example of what is happening here. Notice the grid lines I've put in to show how the image is actually warped due to the lens that was used and what happens when you zoom all the way out with a camera. The bottom picture looks horrible now with the horizon fixed as all the cars look like they are falling off the parking lot. I'm guessing that anybody that took a picture lined up their cameras with the cars looking level.

Anyways, you got me interested in fixing this issue, so I've done that in the bottom one. There is both a very small angle fix but mostly lens correction for distortion.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 12:11am

Graeme, that bottom picture looks good. Now all you have to do is pull Dave's GT out of the hole (on the passenger side) he backed into!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic