West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

West Coast Fieros Redesign

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 12:20pm
We could set up a netmeeting session and broadcast our meetings via netmeeting and anybody who wants to attend can just call in. Netmeeting is a free product but if you have Linux machine, you may (or maybe not) be out of luck.   

I think also Skype or Google calling works but maybe some more research into this needs to be done.

Just a thought.

I should also chime in here and agree with pretty well everybody else here. Graeme has done a great job with this site and I appreciate the effort he has put into it. Kudo's Graeme.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 12:45pm
I'm not proposing to charge the club for anything. I would just set it up to be used for anything. Just a thought. It runs in the Flash Player, so no other installations or downloads needed, just runs.

Skype is fine but doesn't support multiple video windows (I think, unless you are a paying customer). I'm not sure about Google calling, I actually don't know of that particular product.

The idea more was to be able to skin the app to look like West Coast Fieros. Like a custom app for the club.

Thanks Ken for the kudos

ARTIC-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ARTIC-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 7:53pm
Has any one tried Tokbox,its free,works on every platform,multycast!did i mention its free!works from your mail-Yahoo-Msn-Google ect, got a web cam,takes one min to log in-You Use Your Mail log in.
http://www.tokbox.com/

Weave conversations
into your website
Transform your application with live,
group video chat using the free OpenTok API.

SNOW MAN

87-GT/AUTO-2.8_ WHITE

88-TTop/ Duke-2.5. RED
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic