West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

January 8th Wrap Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: January 8th Wrap Up
    Posted: 08 January 2011 at 10:32pm

David, the thread you requested me to post in is locked... Hopefully you can just copy and paste this instead.

Anyways, today's meeting started under dark pretenses. Johnny Boy was apparently leaving Rambunkshush. David was stepping down as club head. Patrick was being all nyuh, I'm eating with other people. All things considered, an event to be feared. Things didn't pick up much with the attendance of Fieros as of 5:45, with only two present. Eventually more members, and eventually a couple Fieros trickled in.

Perhaps one of the highlight moments, if not the most interesting point of the every meeting this year (Hehe) was that a particular member was in attendance: NIGEL!!! (Sorry to get your hopes up, Marcel). Yes, thanks to the good doctor, and the power of the interwebz, Nigel was chatting to the group through the Doctor's phone, and it's webcam.

Cautiously optimistic, Marcel, Clynt and I proceded to grill Johnny Boy, who conceded he wants to drastically re-style RBS, and shed some pounds (While moving other pounds to more beneficial locations).

With those two bombshells out of the way, we moved inside the club, where Marcel, Clynt and I continued to fear any alterations to the perfection that is RBS. After a little bit of time, we moved on to door prizes, and on his first meeting back in a while, guess who managed to steal a door prize? Yes, for those of you who want/need a reason to hate Marcel, his win-streak continues on. It was just after this that Ken showed up as well.

Once the meeting picked up, we inevitably moved towards club runs and roughly setting times (Typically just the month). What has been verified thus far is: Tech session in April, Tech session in May, possibly a Cinco de Mayo run in May (Duh), Hell's Gate run in May, Possibly a movie/drive-in during June, possibly Duffy Lake in June, I believe Arlington in July, All Pontiac in September, Tech session in October, I believe Chilliwack in November, a Christmas party in December at Fireside, something in January, and a Chocolate Run in February (So grab your Valentine's Gift's, thanks for the idea Michelle!). Other suggestions thrown about involved a year-early end-of-the-world-party, amongst other things. Emily also agreed to come to the Harrison Hot Springs run to go swimming. Ahead of time, I call dibs for her in my car.

The next topic of discussion was a more sombre affair, as David spoke of stepping down as club head. Luckily, that disaster was averted thanks to some club members offering constructive alternatives. It was finally agreed upon that the solution was not David utterly stepping down, but having other members step up to ease the work-load. While I only thought to add meeting reminders to my list, I'd like to thank for taking on club sign-up and meeting set-up, Damien for taking on event co-ordination and the two of them offering to do the speaking when needed, with me being a last resort. Colby was also designated our club "Autocross Go-To Guy".

The club finally finished with a discussion on perhaps doing a club drag-race out at Mission some time, although nothing was particularly solidified.

It was at this point that I continued on to flirting with the adorable Emily, until the last of us had left, in which point the Bergquist's and I decided it was a good time to call it a night as well. The last moment of the meeting may or may not have involved David spinning or not spinning his tires while leaving or not leaving the parking lot. 

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
marcelvdgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2011 at 10:53pm

I wish to thank Nigel for being at the meeting and allowing me to win a prize.

Next time Nigel, we'll try to put you up on the big screen!

Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
soon to be sleeper 3.8sc 5 speed
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:07pm
I am working on a suplimental post as I type this.  Also please note that I have unlocked the other thread, and have already posted the wrap up as well as a link back to this thread.  So its all on the home page now.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 12:16pm
We had discussion regarding putting together a Fish n Chip run at the end of March or earlier in the year. I can plan that. However, after the meeting, I had a discussion with David and I noted that March is still rather cold and most of the time, wet so Pajo's may not be open yet. They are seasonal and/or sunny days only in the winter.

However, in the past we did do a winter drive. The autocross discussion turned my deteriorating memory back on. It was indoor goKarting at TBC in Richmond.

Is there any interest in going goKart racing at TBC. It does cost some money, but you're not running your own gas, wearing your tires or suspension and you are racing with other mid/rear engined cars on a really twisty track. If there is enough interest, we can see if we can get a group rate and have the track reserved for the group.   

Since we don't have an October drive, we could move the Fish n Chip run to September or October when the weather is still pretty decent and before those who store their Fieros for the winter put their cars away.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 5:05pm
I am SO in for the Go-Karting. If memory serves, it's only $10 a race on Tuesdays as well.
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 5:12pm
I love gokarting! I havn't been to the track in many years though. Maybe it will motivate me to fix mine...
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:54pm

Richmond TBC doesn't take outsiders, they have maintained/specced ones to keep things fair.

I blew my go-kart up. It was fun. lol

Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:01pm
Oh I know, but mine is hella faster then theirs AND has a 5 speed trans.

But I am down for a TBC run.
-Harrison
Chilliwack
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:48pm

One I still want to make is one with the motor and transmission from a BMW S1000RR. It would be amazing.

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 11:28am
I could be interested in go-karting.
88 Formula 5 speed

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 3:05pm
Could be? Go-Karts are freaking awesome!
tk_85redgt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 6:28pm

I"d be into that. LETS GO RACING BOYS!!

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 7:43pm
Damien! Co-ordinate this event! We know you want it just as much as we do!
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 10:20pm
This doesn't have to fit into any slot.  It doesn't have to be THE event of the month.  We can just say we're doing it and go hang out.

OK....let me look into it.

The Coordinator Dawg

You dream it up....I'll make it
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 10:29pm
Excellent!
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 10:34pm
It seems Wed and Sun are the cheapest days.

I'm waiting for a reply about group rates.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 10:37pm
Oh, they changed it to Sundays? That's pretty nifty. $10 a pop ain't all bad, especially given the race lengths.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 11:21pm
haha i like how $42 for 3 races is a better value then one for $20, one for $12 and one for $10 according to them

Also, last time I went there a couple years ago on a wednesday, I got there around 3 and they were booked up till 7, so prereg is the way to go
-Harrison
Chilliwack
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:18pm
If this gets set up for February or March, I can move the Fish n chip run to September/October timeframe where the weather should be much better.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 11:38am
I just heard back.  If we could get 10 people interested, it would be $50 plus tax for a half hour.  This is to have the track to ourselves.

The Dawg

Our group rates are for exclusive track time. We sell track time in one hour time slots ($1000 + HST) or half hour time slots ($500 + HST) - with a maximum of 13 karts on the track at one time. The amount of time needed on track is dictated by the amount of people in the group. I would say that for every 10 people you need a half hour of track time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic