West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rear sway bar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rear sway bar
    Posted: 22 January 2011 at 8:03am
I got a front swaybar that i wont to put on the rear.I've been reading some of the threads and i'm not sure on what lenght the end links i should buy.i found that 3 1/2" links and i also found 7" links and cut down to 5".Some of the threads show how to install the sway bar but not what lengths to us or hardware needed.so i'm asking what length and hardware needed to install the swaybar that u guy used.Thanks guy
tk_85redgt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 1:55pm
cleaned and got painted just need to get the end links and mounting bushing.just not shure on what size endlinks i need.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 2:24pm

If you don't get an answer here, check out Pennock's Fiero Forum. There's nothing about Fieros that hasn't been discussed there at least a hundred times in the last dozen years!

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 2:26pm
This is how Blair did mine...
Bolt length 4-1/4"

Notice the top poly was cut in half only !

EDIT: Top ploy cut in half only and the rest are stock !
Johnny-B-Good

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 2:42pm
This is what you need...

This is the old set up, notice the bolts are longer, now there shorter

Clynt installing the first set up...

Johnny-B-Good

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

If you don't get an answer here, check out Pennock's Fiero Forum. There's nothing about Fieros that hasn't been discussed there at least a hundred times in the last dozen years!

Thanks patrick i looked there but no 1 said what length to us.

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 2:59pm
Thanks Car-2-Lo thats what i need to know that i need to us 4 1/4" bolt.i'm going to get all the parts and give it a go.
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 3:35pm
One more thing, two ways of install...
The first install by Clynt, clips mounted flat on frame

the last install by Blair, notice clip bent straight up and mounted at end of frame with lag bolt at very top end
Johnny-B-Good

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 8:21am
Yes i seen both ways of install of the sway bar,is one better then the other, i also seen the sway bar bounted on the front of the cradle.did u feel a difference when it was changed or is 1 stronger then the other flat clip or with the clip bent?
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 9:28am

Since I didn't do the actual install , the professionals here will have to answer that.
Johnny-B-Good

Nexus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 7:57pm
I may have missed it but is the sway bar a stock front sway bar mounted to the rear?
Charlie
84 SE
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Nexus Nexus wrote:

I may have missed it but is the sway bar a stock front sway bar mounted to the rear?

Yes it is, found link for more info...

http://www.westcoastfieros.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=106 &PN=14

Johnny-B-Good

Nexus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 8:24pm
Thank you much!!!!
Charlie
84 SE

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 10:11pm
 Yes it's a front sway bar going on the back.i bought all the end links and bolt but have'nt installed it.going to do the rear struts and the sway bar in 1 shot.
Nexus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2011 at 7:46am

right on!!!

are you taking pictures of the process?

one question, will the local auto parts store have the bushings and end links or am I going to have to order them online?

I want to do this to my car while I have it in the garage

Charlie
84 SE
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2011 at 1:13pm
Lordco should have it, and Mopac for sure has it.  Mopac is in Langley on 200th street.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2011 at 3:50pm
Yes they will have it.i bought mine at Decker's auto parts in surrey,they we're cheaper on all the parts.And i will try to take pics of the install.
Nexus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2011 at 4:44pm

ok cool thanks

Charlie
84 SE

Post Options Post Options   Quote tk_85redgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 4:09pm
Got the sway bar installed.know need to do the rear struts and the rear is done.Easy install about 1 1/2 hours or so.thanks guys for all your help and tips.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 4:34pm

When you're done I'd like to hear an honest assessment of how the handling has or hasn't improved due to the rear swaybar.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic